Anyone on The Symphony of the Seas now?

8 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Wanted to know if the masking policy is being enforced better after that last cruise that had the 48 Covid positive guests.

Also would like to know if Hairspray is back

Where did you see 48 positive guests?  Was this the 12/23 sailing?

mask or no mask... covid is spreading. I was on symphony last week and there were well over 100 cases confirmed and probably hundreds of unconfirmed. No one is really reporting their symptoms bc no one wants to get locked in a room 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I’m on now. Everyone is wearing a mask unless they are eating or drinking or at the pool or solarium. The crew are cleaning the elevators it seems every couple of hours. And I mean sanitizing them down. There are Around 3300 on the ship and it feels like it’s empty. No Broadway show and no aqua show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, missaud said:

I’m on now. Everyone is wearing a mask unless they are eating or drinking or at the pool or solarium. The crew are cleaning the elevators it seems every couple of hours. And I mean sanitizing them down. There are Around 3300 on the ship and it feels like it’s empty. No Broadway show and no aqua show. 

What are the reason(s) (if any) they are giving for a lack of shows?

• Haha 1

Well I’m on Symphony on 1/29, I am bringing some books, and my iPad mini it’s got my free Gold Fish slots loaded on it. If everything is shut down I can drink iced coffee and eat cake and play my slots on my iPad lol.

Hopefully the “Fast” Internet can load my slots game.

Edited by Maitaivegas

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

Well I’m on Symphony on 1/29, I am bringing some books, and my iPad mini it’s got my free Gold Fish slots loaded on it. If everything is shut down I can drink iced coffee and eat cake and play my slots on my iPad lol.

Hopefully the “Fast” Internet can load my slots game.

I'd try to cancel if that's the only choices for entertainment.

Edited by jerseyjjs
  • Like 1

I’m with maitaivegas! . I’m scheduled 2/5 and will wait and see, but if cases go down and capacities lower again, I will go. I don’t need bars, shows or pool games to have a good time and relax 🙂.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 2:04 AM, Maitaivegas said:

Wanted to know if the masking policy is being enforced better after that last cruise that had the 48 Covid positive guests.

Also would like to know if Hairspray is back

Not on Symphony, but am currently on Allure. We are both alongside in St. Maarten this morning…

Here is Symphony making her way into port…

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 11:32 AM, missaud said:

The aqua show was  not as good as on Allure - it went on way too long . And Hairspray was our least favorite show ever on Royal- the talent wasn't up to the level they usually have. We sailed in October on Symphony and had a great time but these two shows were a let down. 

I know other's opinions will differ but these two shows were Blech.

Comedy was great. 

If you're on Symphony now, could you please tell me if the Rock Wall and Water Slides are open? We're scheduled to sail on 1/15/22. My (vaccinated) kids are most looking forward to those activities! Crossing my fingers that they'll be running. 

Thank you! 

On symphony now. Water slide is open. Just got an announcement that 2.5% of the ship tested positive and st Thomas is refusing to take our ship. Instead another sea day. Also they will be transferring crew onto rhapsody tonight to quarantine I’m assuming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, Miloomar said:

mask or no mask... covid is spreading. I was on symphony last week and there were well over 100 cases confirmed and probably hundreds of unconfirmed. No one is really reporting their symptoms bc no one wants to get locked in a room 

Yikes.

That certainly doesn't help the situation at all.

Aside, it's happening on many ships and the cruise lines appear to be limping to the potential for having to pause in addition to the recent cancellations and ship outbreaks (crew and passengers) and the apparent lack of ship-wide testing of all passengers when there is an outbreak.

Of no countenance is that on land is no panacea at this time either.

Apparently, this 'wave' needs to overwhelm and then subside we come up on the other side in a better position.

GLTA.

On 1/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, Miloomar said:

How do you know this? Was it reported or is it something you surmised ?

• Like 1

Omicron is spreading whether people wear masks or not.  It's much more like a  cold and why anyone is surprised it's spreading after every expert has said it would is interesting.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BND said:

Omicron is spreading whether people wear masks or not.  It's much more like a  cold and why anyone is surprised it's spreading after every expert has said it would is interesting.

Hmmm I WONDER where do you get your expertise from….? 😉 

Edited by jkjoshua

15 hours ago, 11madmic said:

On symphony now. Water slide is open. Just got an announcement that 2.5% of the ship tested positive and st Thomas is refusing to take our ship. Instead another sea day. Also they will be transferring crew onto rhapsody tonight to quarantine I’m assuming.

Are they testing all the guests on board or was it the crew that tested positive?