Tips for using "Live Chat" on Princess website

We_like_to_cruise

I have been very successful with contacting Princess via Live Chat - after figuring out how to use it correctly.

Live Chat is available 6am to 9pm PST Monday through Friday and 6am to 6 pm PST Saturday and Sunday. 

Unlike the hours I spent on hold calling directly, the Live Chat feature allowed me to communicate much more quickly (often within a few minutes) with a customer service representative.  (YMMV !)

Here are some things I learned, mostly via trial and error. 

First - how to access the chat feature?

It is located at the very bottom of the Princess.com web page and it looks like this (highlighted):

1385821723_LiveChat_noted2.thumb.png.9c13df69d4ee11d75fc6f4765bd146d5.png

--------

The first few times I attempted to access it, that "Live Chat" button was not visible.  Then, I turned off my AdBlocker for princess.com and it suddenly appeared.  (I use the Firefox browser).  As an experiment, I also tried loading the princess.com site with Microsoft Edge browser and the "Live Chat" button was visible.  So I guess my security settings were somehow blocking it.  The point is, if you do not see "Live Chat" when it should be available during business hours, try another browser or computing device.

Once you click on that "Live Chat" button, you may get the following screen:

1396105489_chatoffline.thumb.jpg.71cf62aaedb1aa3197a37d1cf287c35b.jpg

--------

The most important part of this message is "...our chat agents are currently busy assisting other users".  Just simply keep clicking (refreshing) that "Live Chat" button.  You may see the above message a number of times.

However, finally you will be rewarded with this message:

sccess.thumb.jpg.e9dfbeb2f854ec72263f0619767a99a5.jpg

-------

I found that you should act promptly at this point. 

As directed, type in your name and email address.  However - I would recommend only typing a very short message

under "Your Question".  My first few attempts when I typed out my entire reason for chatting found me back at the

"Live Chat is currently offline" screen when I hit Enter, and presumably, back in the queue.  So, I then simply typed "Please help" or something similar, hit Enter and was pretty quickly connected with a representative.

And, I never felt rushed when I interacted with a representative and all of my issues were resolved and questions were answered.  Although, I am not sure exactly what they can and cannot do. 

Although my sample size is small, the last few times I tried the Chat function, I was pleased with how quickly it worked compared to directly calling Princess.

Good luck !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12

19 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Thank you for taking the time to spell this all out for those who've had problems.

This should be pinned. @Host CJSKIDS

But it doesn't address the people for whom the 'Live Chat' button is never displayed.

There was one poster who went through a half-dozen combinations of PCs, phones, tablets and different

browsers before he could see a 'Live Chat' button.

There was another poster who discovered that if she clicked a tiny nearly transparent icon outline,

it opened 'Live Chat'.  She even posted a screen shot.

I think the primary problem people have is finding / getting the 'Live Chat' button to display.

Clicking it?  Not so much.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It does address it right here:

Personally, I don't think that an ad-blocker is the total cause of all problems people are having.

Life is not that simplistic.

For instance, this post:

Or, this thread:

Edited by Roberto256

It is very easy to miss. I just tried it and missed it the first two times.  I had to come back to this post look at the example.  It is on the very bottom of the window and stays there as you scroll up and down. If your window is too big it might be off the screen. Also it blends very well with my bottom tool bar making it harder to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

I have been very successful with contacting Princess via Live Chat - after figuring out how to use it correctly.

Live Chat is available 6am to 9pm PST Monday through Friday and 6am to 6 pm PST Saturday and Sunday. 

Unlike the hours I spent on hold calling directly, the Live Chat feature allowed me to communicate much more quickly (often within a few minutes) with a customer service representative.  (YMMV !)

Here are some things I learned, mostly via trial and error. 

First - how to access the chat feature?

It is located at the very bottom of the Princess.com web page and it looks like this (highlighted):

1385821723_LiveChat_noted2.thumb.png.9c13df69d4ee11d75fc6f4765bd146d5.png

--------

The first few times I attempted to access it, that "Live Chat" button was not visible.  Then, I turned off my AdBlocker for princess.com and it suddenly appeared.  (I use the Firefox browser).  As an experiment, I also tried loading the princess.com site with Microsoft Edge browser and the "Live Chat" button was visible.  So I guess my security settings were somehow blocking it.  The point is, if you do not see "Live Chat" when it should be available during business hours, try another browser or computing device.

Once you click on that "Live Chat" button, you may get the following screen:

1396105489_chatoffline.thumb.jpg.71cf62aaedb1aa3197a37d1cf287c35b.jpg

--------

The most important part of this message is "...our chat agents are currently busy assisting other users".  Just simply keep clicking (refreshing) that "Live Chat" button.  You may see the above message a number of times.

However, finally you will be rewarded with this message:

sccess.thumb.jpg.e9dfbeb2f854ec72263f0619767a99a5.jpg

-------

I found that you should act promptly at this point. 

As directed, type in your name and email address.  However - I would recommend only typing a very short message

under "Your Question".  My first few attempts when I typed out my entire reason for chatting found me back at the

"Live Chat is currently offline" screen when I hit Enter, and presumably, back in the queue.  So, I then simply typed "Please help" or something similar, hit Enter and was pretty quickly connected with a representative.

And, I never felt rushed when I interacted with a representative and all of my issues were resolved and questions were answered.  Although, I am not sure exactly what they can and cannot do. 

Although my sample size is small, the last few times I tried the Chat function, I was pleased with how quickly it worked compared to directly calling Princess.

Good luck !

I agree. I have had the same results/issues and it is much more efficient than waiting on hold for hours sometimes on the phone. Very helpful.

Thanks for providing all the help and info.

Tom

• Thanks 1

I went and turned off the ad blocker for the Princess site - thanks, didn't know that!  The Live Chat tab came right up then.  Also, here is a direct link to the chat line if you don't have it -- https://princesscruises.egain.cloud/system/templates/chat/aqua/index.html?entryPointId=1036&templateName=aqua&ver=v11&locale=en-US&linkId=120497711&fbclid=IwAR0PLYMRB3bIFDjLnd2L2m24Bgf-7b7jQDPOQIZNxxxtw0zL2-nwS_4oOrk

if it says "Thank you for your inquiry. Our service hours are 9am-5pm PST, Monday-Friday." just refresh the page and the opening page should show up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Update - have tried some additional devices and here are the results:

iPad Mini 5th generation, IOS 15.1 using Safari - "Live Chat" button active.

iPhone 11 Pro, IOS 15.1 using Safari -" Chat" button active.

older MacBook, unsure of IOS version using Safari - "Live Chat" button active.

Google Pixel 5a (Android 12) - using Chrome browser - "Chat" button active.

Google Pixel 5a (Android 12) - using Firefox mobile browser - "Chat" button is never active even after disabling all add-ons.  This is different than when I used the desktop version of Firefox.  After disabling AdBlock Plus, the "Live Chat" button did appear.

Again, as noted above.  If you do not see either "Live Chat" on a desktop or tablet, or  "Chat" button on a smartphone, on the very bottom of the Princess.com website (see my first picture above) you could try disabling any ad-blockers and refresh the screen or try a different browser, or try a different device.

Perhaps others could offer further advice or information or explanations.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janniebabe said:

I went and turned off the ad blocker for the Princess site - thanks, didn't know that!  The Live Chat tab came right up then.  Also, here is a direct link to the chat line if you don't have it -- https://princesscruises.egain.cloud/system/templates/chat/aqua/index.html?entryPointId=1036&templateName=aqua&ver=v11&locale=en-US&linkId=120497711&fbclid=IwAR0PLYMRB3bIFDjLnd2L2m24Bgf-7b7jQDPOQIZNxxxtw0zL2-nwS_4oOrk

if it says "Thank you for your inquiry. Our service hours are 9am-5pm PST, Monday-Friday." just refresh the page and the opening page should show up.

Thanks janniebabe.

But, are you sure that is the correct link?

When I click on "Live Chat" on my desktop, the message I get is exactly as I pictured above (pic #2) and states the hours are M-Fr 6 am to 9 pm and Sat-Sun 6am to 6 pm.

When I click the link you provided, I get this, as you mentioned:

885172337_Livechat2.jpg.fc43404b28be9d5077c3cf2a57a2b407.jpg

The times are much different.  Have you been able to access a representative with your link? 

Thank you.

My problem with "Live Chat" was that the rep said she couldn't help me with my problem. She simply referred me back to the 800 number. It was useless at attempting to solve what should have been a simple problem.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Personally, I don't think that an ad-blocker is the total cause of all problems people are having.

Life is not that simplistic.

I agree. I don't always see the thing even when I disable the blocker but, sometimes that works for me. I just tossed it out there as one more thing to try. I only used the chat once and was not at all impressed with the result. I seemed to be "talking" with someone who knew very little and had no idea how to find out anything. I've seen posts from others who seemed to have better results.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, CineGraphic said:

I found the other example I was looking for, that I knew I had read recently...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2821609-princess-chat-not-available-in-firefox-solution-worked-for-me-at-least/

Not an ad blocker.

Personally, I don't think there is one-size-fits-all solution to chat not showing up.

Even the original poster suggests 'try another computing device'.

...which is not a solution, but a work around for when the 'solution' doesn't work.

I also don't think this group needs any more topics pinned to the top.

There is already more than a half page of scrolling to get to new topics;

And there are dozens of posts here that say

"There were too many previous posts for me to read...

...so here's my question."

Edited by Roberto256

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I found the other example I was looking for, that I knew I had read recently...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2821609-princess-chat-not-available-in-firefox-solution-worked-for-me-at-least/

Not an ad blocker.

Interestingly, I tried disabling that tracker as described and - no go.

However -- disabling it AND disabling my AdBlocker Plus provided me with the "Live Chat" button.  And that is the first time it has appeared on my desktop computer with Firefox. 

Maybe disabling both is the secret !

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

And there are dozens of posts here that say

"There were too many previous posts for me to read...

...so here's my question."

I acknowledge my guilt on this one!  I opened a new thread because the existing pinned threads on the Medallion App are completely out of control, with over 3,000 posts between Threads 2 and 3.  Impossible to wade through.  They need to be organized!

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

I acknowledge my guilt on this one!  I opened a new thread because the existing pinned threads on the Medallion App are completely out of control, with over 3,000 posts between Threads 2 and 3.  Impossible to wade through.  They need to be organized!

I don't blame you, or anyone.

To me, these forums are like a conversation.

People join a conversation, and make their contribution, ask their question, whatever...

There is no requirement that they read a bunch of pinned posts first.

20 hours ago, Thrak said:

I seemed to be "talking" with someone who knew very little and had no idea how to find out anything. 

The joke will be on us, when that person is promoted to president of princess cruises next week...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You cannot access live chat USA  from the UK 

Princess UK refuse to talk to Princess USA and Princess USA is 100% determined to ensure no one in the UK gets promised refunds  have wasted 10 hours on the phone ...after 3 hours of waiting in line they cut you off!! 

E mails ignored 

Please someone tell me Princess USA   CEO email address .....even that is hidden on the web 

On 1/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, CineGraphic said:

356383308_ScreenShot2022-01-05at4_34_37PM.thumb.png.124cdfaf7e71066a69e543fa3a46fb42.png

Also, if you notice, there is a little down arrow on the right corner of that black bar that that if pressed lowers that black bar to a little black square with an up arrow. you then need to click on that up arrow to get the whole bar back to see the chat square.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to also thank janniebabe for the Live Chat link.  None of the other suggestions worked on my computer or phone, but I was able to access Live Chat through the link and have my question answered immediately.  

Thank you to the group for this discussion!