Just entered isolation/quarantine on Constellation

Quarantined

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

@Quarantined  Hope you are doing well.  I was speaking with the GR manager in MC and I mentioned you wanting a robe.  From his reaction I’m hoping one was delivered by now

Thank you, and I do appreciate it, but it’s really not necessary. I brought mine with me from the suite when I was moved. 

• Like 2

This morning in Bonaire I see the dive boats passing by on their way to Klein Bonaire. A little bit sad to see since I was supposed to be on board one of them to go diving. Instead I’m having breakfast on the balcony. 

Ah, well. Symptoms are mostly gone, a little bit of a lingering cough, but much less than it was. No fever this morning either, unlike the other mornings. 

E3535288-EA71-4733-B98F-91C83AFF49A8.jpeg

354ADE20-2C1A-4693-9A76-40B0A2C8C4EB.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Quarantined said:

This morning in Bonaire I see the dive boats passing by on their way to Klein Bonaire. A little bit sad to see since I was supposed to be on board one of them to go diving. Instead I’m having breakfast on the balcony. 

Ah, well. Symptoms are mostly gone, a little bit of a lingering cough, but much less than it was. No fever this morning either, unlike the other mornings. 

Thanks for sharing this and continuing to share.  Breakfast looks good, but then again I'm a big fruit fan.  I'm sorry you missed your chosen tour, but glad you're doing better.  I hope the road to recovery continues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quarantined said:

Even without a quarantine, a dive with a cough might not have been any fun anyway.  Nuts.

Glad you're feeling better, even if bored.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quarantined said:

E3535288-EA71-4733-B98F-91C83AFF49A8.jpeg

Happy that your condition is improving. Bonaire has tough restrictions for vacationers. Are ship excursions going on land as planned? Are passengers allowed on land without an excursion? [I am booked on Celebrity's next ABC island cruise in February - so I am interested in what is happening on your cruise] Are you still going to Aruba and Grand Cayman?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stancorker said:

Happy that your condition is improving. Bonaire has tough restrictions for vacationers. Are ship excursions going on land as planned? Are passengers allowed on land without an excursion? [I am booked on Celebrity's next ABC island cruise in February - so I am interested in what is happening on your cruise] Are you still going to Aruba and Grand Cayman?

Yes, passengers are allowed to roam freely, my wife has been ashore twice today already. Aruba is still on the schedule as far as I know, but Grand Cayman was cancelled back in November. 

• Like 4

Guest relations are really doing their very best to make sure I’m as comfortable as possible under the circumstances. I asked if it was possible to get a bottle of champagne to keep in the minibar fridge, and after some deliberations they sent me a quite decent bottle. Two (plastic) glasses as well. 

Whether this is down to me having the premium package, or because I was in a suite? Can’t say, but I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. 

Sunset seemed an apt moment to celebrate that I’m more or less symptom free. 

80E44AE2-8CFB-43C4-A2A9-CDCE4F4CD35E.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Quarantined said:

Guest relations are really doing their very best to make sure I’m as comfortable as possible under the circumstances. I asked if it was possible to get a bottle of champagne to keep in the minibar fridge, and after some deliberations they sent me a quite decent bottle. Two (plastic) glasses as well. 

Whether this is down to me having the premium package, or because I was in a suite? Can’t say, but I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. 

Very cool , nice bottle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quarantined said:

Great to hear that you are feeling better! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quarantined said:

Great that you are “more or less symptom-free.”  And that’s a nice bottle of champagne they gave you.  Enjoy! 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Quarantined said:

Looks like a bright spot in an otherwise bad situation.  Hope you keep getting better!

On 1/6/2022 at 3:23 PM, semibeater said:

If you would be so kind which block of cabins on deck 7 are you in? Do you have a veranda? Port or starboard? You said forward. I am curious as I am on the next connie departure on that deck right now.

I just got off the Connie. About 15 or so Starboard, forward balcony cabins on deck 7 are blocked off with the fire doors closed for any possible quarantine. Guests are not able to even enter that hallway. 

On 1/7/2022 at 7:36 PM, Oville said:

You are sounding really angry.  There have been probably hundreds of cruisers, if not more, who have come down with Omicron in the last few weeks and med-flighting them on a private jet home is unrealistic.  

I wonder who sounds really ecstatic?

On 1/7/2022 at 9:59 PM, phoenix_dream said:

I actually am quite angry with Celebrity about this.  I do agree that it would be unrealistic.  But that is what they promised, and now they can't deliver.  So IMHO they should allow people to cancel and get a full refund rather than having to take FCC  if they booked during the timeframe when that promise was made.  

I also get tired of some of the snarky comments people are making on these boards.  Times are stressful enough without that going on.  

Correct.  Besides, if one booked cruises through 2024 (like) and works (vacation time is limited), what's the point of FCC that must be used by very short time (I think booked by May 2022 and travel date in December 2022 or 1 year from the cancelled date whichever is longer which for me would be February 2023 - my cruise is February 25, 2022)?  FCC would be gone if not used for Feb 2023, and I cannot do that.  Now what?  We talk about thousands $$$.  I'm glad I didn't book a suite; otherwise, that amount would be almost tripled (over $10,000) for my cruise.  Mad world...

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, Quarantined said:

So, on the morning of day 4 of our 11 night cruise on Celebrity Constellation I unfortunately tested positive for covid. I am somewhat bored already, so I thought I’d share my experiences so far, and I’m happy to answer any questions you all have. 

One note before I start - this is a new account, since I want to give my wife, who has tested negative this morning but is in quarantine, a little privacy. 

This is/was our first cruise in a suite (after cruising many times before with Celebrity and other cruise lines), and we were loving the experience. Luminae has been outstanding, and the service has gone above and beyond every step of the way. 

Anyway, late last night I started getting a sore throat, so we went to bed early. During the night I developed a dry cough, so this morning I called Guest Relations (since I couldn’t find the number directly to Medical)  to tell them I probably needed a covid test. After a minute or two of initial confusion everything kicked into gear efficiently. 

Exactly one minute earlier than announced a nurse knocked on our door and took my temperature, oxygen saturation, and did a nasal swab. Professional and courteous throughout. 

The result took about 45 minutes, and came back positive as I suspected. 

I was told I best start packing my bags since I would move to isolation,  but that my wife would be tested first. Her test came back negative, and she has no symptoms so far. 

The isolation/quarantine area of the Constellation is deck 7 forward, and when I moved in there only seemed to be a few cabins occupied, but many more ready if need be. Most of the isolation cabins seem to be balcony cabins, and I was indeed put in one. Clean, comfortable etc of course, my only gripe is that there is a single actual glass glass (for water) here, everything else is delivered in paper. 

After talking with guest relations on the phone it was confirmed that as a (former) suite guest I’m welcome to order from the Luminae a la carte menu, as well as from all room service menus and dining room menus. Being able to order from Luminae’s daily menu was a pleasant surprise. 

I was also told I was welcome to order beer, wine etc as I wanted, and that wifi streaming was activated for us both (our reservation was made back in the dark days when Wi-Fi was not always included). 

My wife will be tested again tomorrow, and if she tests negative she will be free to decide if she wants to move around the ship (with certain restrictions), or she can decide to join me if she wants, but then will have to stay in isolation for the remainder of the cruise. 

The information letter provided to me states that I will be isolated “for the duration of the voyage or 10 days - whichever is less”. In my case that will mean until Tampa. 

All in all, I feel quite fine. Coughing and soreness are both very mild. 

I really want to take the time to say that the ship’s doctor has been outstanding. Friendly, approachable and really making sure I was well taken care of. I was offered a chest x-ray, meds etc if I wanted or needed them, which is a comfort to know if that would later become the case. 

I’m sorry you tested positive and have to quarantine. We are booked b2b on the Constellation starting Feb 4. We are so conflicted as this was a lift and shift from last year and we would really like to cruise again. I’m so concerned if one or both of us becomes positive that we would have to quarantine in another cabin, maybe not a balcony, and then have to stay for the duration of the cruise. Also if we would be so blessed to not test positive we would not be docking in many ports if the ship’s numbers are up. And lastly having to wear the masks all the time. We have some serious thinking and decisions to make. Any thoughts?

My husband and I are on the Apex 1/22&1/29, I didn't even pay attention to the cruises, I was so sure we weren't going.  We did a pros/cons or risk/reward list decided to cruise.  I think putting it down in writing, which we would add to or subtract from for a few days was very helpful.  Now I have to hurry up and pack.  Thanks to all who have shared such valuable information.  Hope everyone remains or gets healthy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Luvtocruisetwo said:

booked b2b on the Constellation

I’m so concerned if one or both of us becomes positive that we would have to quarantine in another cabin, maybe not a balcony, and then have to stay for the duration of the cruise.

Any thoughts?

Just one to make sure it's clear:   If even just one of you tests positive on the first leg, you'll both be disembarking after leg 1 and neither allowed to continue for leg 2.  From the way you worded your B2B concern, I wasn't clear about whether you thought it was possible to be confined for more than one of the two legs. 

• Like 3

On 1/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, Quarantined said:

Perrier Jouet…nice!  Beats the hell out of a hospital!  I hope you get out of quarantine soon.  Did I understand you to say that you actually had Covid back when, were vaccinated twice after that and now have Covid a second time??  If that is so then I would guess that the antibodies are speeding your recovery and lessening the intensity of you current flu??  Hoping that you get well soon and thanks so much for posting.  This has been an interesting thread.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Julma said:

My husband and I are on the Apex 1/22&1/29, I didn't even pay attention to the cruises, I was so sure we weren't going.  We did a pros/cons or risk/reward list decided to cruise.  I think putting it down in writing, which we would add to or subtract from for a few days was very helpful.  Now I have to hurry up and pack.  Thanks to all who have shared such valuable information.  Hope everyone remains or gets healthy!

Not trying to intrude at all.  But if you are willing,  it would be interesting to see your pros/cons or risk/reward analysis and how you ranked things and weighted the relative importance of things.  Many people are doing this right now.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, Quarantined said:

Thanks so much for your reassuring reports and upbeat attitude. Glad to hear that you  are feeling good!

I have a quick question: 

Do you happen to know if the test given onboard to close contacts is a PCR or antigen test? I ask because close friends just recovered from Covid and are due to cruise in a few weeks. My concern is that they “pass” an antigen test to board but then are tested positive by PCR as close contacts due to residual dead viral particles that can be detected up to 90 days.