Just entered isolation/quarantine on Constellation

Quarantined

On 1/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, Quarantined said:

Thank you. Hasn’t been an issue with using the balcony, I’ve bee out there several times already. 

My husband and I hope to be embarking on the Equinox in three weeks.  Any suggestions on items we should pack with the idea that we may be in quarantine for a period?  I have already added cold care meds, thermometer, books, word search and my laptop to my list of items to pack.  Thanks for your help and I do hope you are feeling fine soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luv4cruises said:

I agree with Caribbean Chris!  I have cruised twice since August because of X Covid policies snd praised them on other cruise line boards,  Now with the quarantine situation on board so undesirable and filled with uncertainty X should be offering refunds for those who booked with their original Cruise With Confidence Policy  in effect. Reading all the “In Quarantine “threads on CC and FB is certainly an eye opener and cause for concern. 

Agreed.  There are many stating that because of the uptick in cases, Celebrity can't possibly stick to original Cruise With Confidence Policy, I don't disagree, but full refunds should be given to those who booked under that policy.  If they can change the terms on a dime, we should all take the 48 hour pledge with a grain of salt.  

14 minutes ago, CruzinIsLivin said:

My husband and I hope to be embarking on the Equinox in three weeks.  Any suggestions on items we should pack with the idea that we may be in quarantine for a period?  I have already added cold care meds, thermometer, books, word search and my laptop to my list of items to pack.  

I'm not the man of the hour, but one thing I usually do my trips (cruise or not, quarantine or not) is download videos to my tablet (a phone would also work, a laptop... not so much).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Julma said:

Agreed.  There are many stating that because of the uptick in cases, Celebrity can't possibly stick to original Cruise With Confidence Policy, I don't disagree, but full refunds should be given to those who booked under that policy.  If they can change the terms on a dime, we should all take the 48 hour pledge with a grain of salt.  

Where would one send an email or call to get the most informed response re refunds for those who did book under policies that have changed since booking. TIA

6 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Where would one send an email or call to get the most informed response re refunds for those who did book under policies that have changed since booking. TIA

there is usually fine print that covers them for changes. Most don't look for or read this

59 minutes ago, CruzinIsLivin said:

My husband and I hope to be embarking on the Equinox in three weeks.  Any suggestions on items we should pack with the idea that we may be in quarantine for a period?  I have already added cold care meds, thermometer, books, word search and my laptop to my list of items to pack.  Thanks for your help and I do hope you are feeling fine soon. 

I’ve been provided with all the medications I need, as well as a thermometer and a pulse/O2-meter. I’m really glad I happened to have my iPad and headphones with me, that’s made a huge difference. I watch a lot of Netflix, and set it to download episodes so they’re available off line as well. Guest relations has offered to bring me crossword puzzles and sudokus, they also offered to bring some books. 

On a whim I brought the bathrobe from our suite with me in the move, which was a good thing, since there are no bathrobes here. If I had thought about it I would have brought a wine glass with me as well, but no such luck for me. 

So no, apart from books and a laptop or iPad, nothing I would recommend specifically. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quarantined said:

I’ve been provided with all the medications I need, as well as a thermometer and a pulse/O2-meter. I’m really glad I happened to have my iPad and headphones with me, that’s made a huge difference. I watch a lot of Netflix, and set it to download episodes so they’re available off line as well. Guest relations has offered to bring me crossword puzzles and sudokus, they also offered to bring some books. 

On a whim I brought the bathrobe from our suite with me in the move, which was a good thing, since there are no bathrobes here. If I had thought about it I would have brought a wine glass with me as well, but no such luck for me. 

So no, apart from books and a laptop or iPad, nothing I would recommend specifically. 

Thank you for your input!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Found this at the bottom of the page when booking a cruise:

Celebrity’s “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before October 31, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for Australia and New Zealand residents) with the option to either (i) opt-in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date, or (ii) cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise. To receive the benefit of “Cruise with Confidence” guests may opt-in by calling CEL at 1-800-437-3111. Visit https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence for complete details.

34 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Found this at the bottom of the page when booking a cruise:

Celebrity’s “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before October 31, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for Australia and New Zealand residents) with the option to either (i) opt-in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date, or (ii) cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise. To receive the benefit of “Cruise with Confidence” guests may opt-in by calling CEL at 1-800-437-3111. Visit https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence for complete details.

It’s changed 

6570ED9B-FB58-4E64-9003-3FE2EE2D9DFA.png

C1992AB7-1851-4612-85BB-AFA8B22A1EA4.png

On 1/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, semibeater said:

If you would be so kind which block of cabins on deck 7 are you in? Do you have a veranda? Port or starboard? You said forward. I am curious as I am on the next connie departure on that deck right now.

We’re currently on the Connie as well. 

The sections blocked off are deck 2, port side, from mid ship forward.  Also deck 7, both port and starboard, starting between the midship and forward stairs. 

2 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Depends upon what changes.  The documents you agreed to when you booked the cruise states that they can and might change Covid protocols  any time.

Probably the FCC allowed under the 48 hour policy.

Same number as normal either customer service if you booked direct or your TA.

Edited by nocl

3 hours ago, CruzinIsLivin said:

If you take prescription drugs you should pack extras. Some use those weekly pill organizers and only take enough for the days they'll be away from home. 

• Like 3

I am on this cruise also. The Captain did say this morning that there have been no new guest cases in 2 days, he did not mention crew. I know the crew was scheduled for their weekly test around the time cases were reported. Most are masking and distancing although we were getting off the ship this am and got in an empty elevator on 8 to go to 1 and at least 6 other people crammed in at lower stops. We would have gotten off but were in the back. My DH was not happy. 
Hope Quarantined feels better soon. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quarantined said:

Weird question. Do you know if smoking is allowed in the assigned quarantined stateroom?  I just read on the RC forum that an individual that was quarantined received an instruction letter in their cabin he/she was quarantined in said smoking was allowed in the cabin. Specifically saying only in the bathroom. Carefully. :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, trabeler said:

We’re currently on the Connie as well. 

The sections blocked off are deck 2, port side, from mid ship forward.  Also deck 7, both port and starboard, starting between the midship and forward stairs. 

That includes the cabin I booked for the 2/14 sailing.

I wonder where we will be moved to?

38 minutes ago, trabeler said:

Guesstimating from the deck plans, maybe 60 on deck 2 and around 80 on deck 7. 

I do know on the silhouette in November the 6th floor was pretty much blocked off but I believe mostly for crew as they were trying to spread the crew members out.  I don’t believe it was all for isolation cabins.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

If you take prescription drugs you should pack extras. Some use those weekly pill organizers and only take enough for the days they'll be away from home. 

Excellent point - my husband and I were discussing this as well - we usually pack a 'couple of extra prescriptions pills - but this time have to prepare for the worse and pack at least 2 weeks more JUST IN CASE!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quarantined said:

Thanks for all the information, hope you recover shortly, glad at least you had Luminae food and were able to get wine and drinks. I had read that in one situation they were able to stay in there cabin. 

I hope you are feeling better! 

Do you know if they did any contract tracing of you and your SO? Apologies if this has already been asked & answered. I tried to read all of the comments in this thread but may have missed one or two.

7 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

I agree with Caribbean Chris!  I have cruised twice since August because of X Covid policies snd praised them on other cruise line boards,  Now with the quarantine situation on board so undesirable and filled with uncertainty X should be offering refunds for those who booked with their original Cruise With Confidence Policy  in effect. Reading all the “In Quarantine “threads on CC and FB is certainly an eye opener and cause for concern. 

Agree about the quarantine situation being uncertain and undesirable.  There are several threads detailing the quarantine situation on several ships (Constellation, Equinox, and Millenium). There seems to be a lack of consistency on how the situation is being handled. This coupled with the CDD announcement of a week or so ago is certainly cause for concern.

Ideally, I would like to be able to get a refund. At a minimum I would like to see Celebrity extend the Cruise with Confidence booking deadline. I believe it currently applies to cruises booked by the end of this month. I would also like to see Celebrity revise the use of FCC deadlines. I believe the current requirement is book a cruise by a date in May 2022 and sail by the end of this year 2022.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RollWave said:

I hope you are feeling better! 

Do you know if they did any contract tracing of you and your SO? Apologies if this has already been asked & answered. I tried to read all of the comments in this thread but may have missed one or two.

Thank you! I was told I would get a link to a contact tracing form, but nothing of the sort yet.