"Group Live" Caribbean Princess 1/9/22 - 1/16/22

CineGraphic

44 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

And that’s it for the guest soprano.

She got a bit of a cold, and will not be performing for the rest of the cruise.

So is Bravo canceled? Wonder if they are saying she’s got a cold so people don’t freak out if she’s tested positive?

5 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

One of the things that Pam and I noticed is that none of the outdoor clocks are working, and they all display different times. I can see two from where I’m currently sitting (aft pool) one says 1:13 and the other says 5:30

CF639F0E-2260-436F-A084-345CEBD7F687.jpeg

il_fullxfull.688596671_4z8c.jpg (1500×1125)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

So is Bravo canceled? Wonder if they are saying she’s got a cold so people don’t freak out if she’s tested positive?

I don’t think that it’s officially been announced on board yet, but she told me yesterday that she felt the beginnings of a small cold.

18 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

One of the things that Pam and I noticed is that none of the outdoor clocks are working, and they all display different times. I can see two from where I’m currently sitting (aft pool) one says 1:13 and the other says 5:30

We’ve noticed this throughout the ship.  Also the Medallion app shows the correct ship’s time if the clock on your devices don’t change automatically.

• Like 1

Just some quick thoughts so far…this is our first Princess cruise and we are very impressed.  Obviously, it’s unfair to judge the service on this cruise versus ones that sail at full occupancy, but since this may be the new normal for awhile, the service has been INCREDIBLE.  There are usually more bartenders than guests, the dining room wait staff was fantastic, and we had a terrific time at the Good Spirits bar last night with Tess and Beverly.  In fact, we just saw Bev at the International Cafe and she asked if we’d be back for more tonight…(an emphatic YES!).  It’s a tad windy by the aft pool at the moment so we are heading forward to find some shelter.  Cheers!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, sound_guy0918 said:

Just some quick thoughts so far…this is our first Princess cruise and we are very impressed.  Obviously, it’s unfair to judge the service on this cruise versus ones that sail at full occupancy, but since this may be the new normal for awhile, the service has been INCREDIBLE.  There are usually more bartenders than guests, the dining room wait staff was fantastic, and we had a terrific time at the Good Spirits bar last night with Tess and Beverly.  In fact, we just saw Bev at the International Cafe and she asked if we’d be back for more tonight…(an emphatic YES!).  It’s a tad windy by the aft pool at the moment so we are heading forward to find some shelter.  Cheers!

If I might ask, when seated in the MDR at a table for 2, are you seated next to another table only a few inches apart (as in the pre-C19 days) or are they seating folks at every other table?

@sound_guy0918 If you are still looking for a less windy pool, the spa pool on deck 16 forward is a small pool with the old fashioned cushioned teak lounges covered by the overhang from the Sanctuary on deck 17.  It is accessed thru the spa (deck 16 starboard side).  Just past the spa check-in desk and before you get to the gym, there are heavy glass doors on your left.  It is adults only.  The only drawback we've ever noticed is that if the ship is really rocking they may drain it.  This happened last week.  One day as we walked out the door we were drenched.  The pool was filled the next morning.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, when seated in the MDR at a table for 2, are you seated next to another table only a few inches apart (as in the pre-C19 days) or are they seating folks at every other table?

Last night we had a table for two and the nearest table (it was occupied) was 6 feet away.  Several other nearby tables were unoccupied and it seems they are spreading diners throughout the room.  Interestingly, if you share a table with others they will sit you directly next to other diners rather than leaving an empty chair between couples.  Not a big deal to us but it might be to others.

Edited by sound_guy0918
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sound_guy0918 said:

Last night we had a table for two and the nearest table (it was occupied) was 6 feet away.  Several other nearby tables were unoccupied and it seems they are spreading diners throughout the room.  Interestingly, if you share a table with others they will sit you directly next to other diners rather than leaving an empty chair between couples.  Not a big deal to us but it might be to others.

Thanks. I would think if you "choose" to sit at a shared table and desire an empty chair between you and the next person, it would be up to you to say something. Afterall, you did ask to sit at a table with folks you have never met before. But, we gave up sitting at shared tables a long time ago, so we're not too concerned with that issue either. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Last night we ate at Sabatini’s, and the service and food were both excellent.
It was sad to see only 2 other tables occupied while we were there. (7:30)

The slot machines still seem to be on vacuum mode, but hopefully that will change during our group slot pull at 3pm today.

The buffet seems to be hit or miss, sadly mostly miss with stale or dried out items.

Several of the stations seemed unmanned at times, or if they are manned, the servers have their backs turned and seem deep in conversation. I can just imagine how bored they must be.

The Enchanted was next to us when we boarded in Port Everglades, and 50 crew members came from the Enchanted to work here on the Caribbean for a few weeks. I believe the bulk of them are servers.  

Here’s the board showing the officers for those of you who like to know.

26645951-85F0-4320-B2D4-EAEAF4735A06.thumb.jpeg.7dc30b63355bcadf0d261667b4e55fd6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

That’s great! On the Enchanted two tops are being filled side by side no space it reminds me of dining in NYC

(quoted the wrong text)

If they would open up that third dining room it wouldn't be as crowded. 

14 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I’m not sure what caused this but a young man was just yelling at an older woman by the aft pool, screaming, “You’re drunk! Do you want me to call security!?”

😲 shenanigans !

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sound_guy0918 said:

Well our cabin has a slight leak (thankfully from above not below) so they are moving us…wish us luck!

Our bathroom sink was leaking onto the floor yesterday and we had little to no hot water, but both issues were fixed promptly.

They called earlier today offering to move us, but we love our location, so we politely declined.

The slot pull gods were not with us this time around. We all put in $20 each, and left with $6.60 each. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Hoping you get a nice upgrade!

We are on Dolphin deck so PCL treated us very nicely.  By the time we left our cabin on Aloha water was leaking from the ceiling and the walls…the mechanic said “major repairs” would be needed…

PS I am having so much trouble posting on CC this will likely be it until after the cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1