"Group Live" Caribbean Princess 1/9/22 - 1/16/22

CineGraphic

42 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Sorry let me rephrase .  
Can I wear either of the following to dinner in main dining room on the NON formal nights

- Jeans 

- dress shorts

Jeans for men were fine on our recent cruises on Majestic and Sky. Not sure about wearing dress shorts as I don’t remember seeing any men in shorts in the MDR on non-formal nights. I did see one gentleman turned away from the MDR for wearing shorts but that was on a formal night. For what’s it’s worth my DH wouldn’t wear shorts in the MDR as he would be too cold. For some reason this area seems to always be a bit chilly for us in the evening.

8 hours ago, suekel said:

I have to say that I'm loving the medallion.  After about 3 hours at the pool,  I had to go change my disembarkation group and cancel my FLL excursion for Sunday.  Delta emailed about weather on Sunday so we changed our flight to bypass Atlanta. Then I wandered by one of the stores to buy some stretchy pants incase my jeans won't close on Sunday.  Lord,  the food has been so good.  Ok, back to the medallion part. I was exhausted after all that so I whipped open my app, ordered a Flat White and a fruit plate...voila...10 minutes later they were at my cabin door. I also used it earlier at the pool to get today's Dirty Banana without leaving my seat. 

I agree. I love the medallion. On the first day after lunch, my husband was napping and I had to book our excursion and buy future cruise deposits and realized, I can do this right from the app. So I did what I needed to do on the app and went to Vines. How cool is that! If I could have one wish it would be to customize a drink through the app. My husband likes Old Fashions but Princess puts a splash of club soda on top and he doesn't want that. So he always has to go to the bar to get a drink; therefore, we can never order from the app. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Planks and Steamers have not been opened since the restart, and the person I spoke to had no idea when they will open them back up.

We ate at both venues before the shutdown. We were not impressed with the BBQ, as it was all probably pre-made on shore. All cooking equipment on board is electric, so no fire, no smoke. They tried hard to make it seem like a real bbq joint in their presentation, but I remember remarking at the time that it felt like they were pretending to be a bbq joint.

I would love to hear your thoughts on Steamers. We are on the Caribbean in April. I'm hoping Steamers will be operational by then but I realize it's probably a dream. At any rate, I would love to hear your thoughts for when it reopens.

6 hours ago, coopco said:

I would love to hear your thoughts on Steamers. We are on the Caribbean in April. I'm hoping Steamers will be operational by then but I realize it's probably a dream. At any rate, I would love to hear your thoughts for when it reopens.

We both grew up in Maryland, and are used to a specific style of seafood, so we may not be the best judges. Plus, it was over 2 years ago, and we’ve had plenty of crab and shrimp since then, so it’s hard to remember very much. 

• Like 1

We are scheduled for next week on the CP. Can someone please tell me what time are the shows? I would like to book my dinners around them if possible. Also, would someone please elaborate on dining choices? Sounds like the Buffet might not be the best choice. 

39 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

We are scheduled for next week on the CP. Can someone please tell me what time are the shows? I would like to book my dinners around them if possible. Also, would someone please elaborate on dining choices? Sounds like the Buffet might not be the best choice. 

Last week with fewer than 1,000 passengers there was just one show at 9 pm in the Princess theater.  I think somewhere in this thread someone also said only one show at 9 pm (there are fewer than 900 passengers on this week's cruise).  We didn't go to the buffet at all.  We thought the food in the MDR was very good to excellent. 

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

So, we decided to play bingo for the very first time today since they had to give away the jackpot at the end of the cruise, and we won! What a way to end the cruise!

D5B27CD1-E141-429B-9DD6-339B3334F72B.thumb.jpeg.a06f8fb51980b0fbaa752deb81dfec10.jpeg

Congrats 🥳 

• Like 1

For those of you who wanted to know, they are expecting somewhere between 800 - 900 on the next cruise.

Treat the crew we’ll, and roll with the changes. Life is too short to be miserable on a floating hotel.

This has been a fantastic cruise for us, and it’s all due to the crew.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

We had a great cruise.  Our first one on Princess and we will definitely sail with them again.  A couple of shout outs to Beverly, Tess, and Johnny at the Good Spirits bar.  We had so much fun trying the signature cocktails (yes, we “earned” our T-shirt!).  We spent a lot of time under the big screen at the Calypso pool and the bar service there was fantastic.  We felt the Medallion app was much more useful on board.  I’m not sure the medallion itself is a significant upgrade over a key card other than it lets them find you on board without draining your smart phone's battery by relying on that GPS.

At any rate, the service was phenomenal, nearly all the food we tried was very good, and the drinks were plentiful.  We hope everyone else had as good of a time as we did!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sound_guy0918 said:

We had a great cruise.  Our first one on Princess and we will definitely sail with them again.  A couple of shout outs to Beverly, Tess, and Johnny at the Good Spirits bar.  We had so much fun trying the signature cocktails (yes, we “earned” our T-shirt!).  We spent a lot of time under the big screen at the Calypso pool and the bar service there was fantastic.  We felt the Medallion app was much more useful on board.  I’m not sure the medallion itself is a significant upgrade over a key card other than it lets them find you on board without draining your smart phone's battery by relying on that GPS.

At any rate, the service was phenomenal, nearly all the food we tried was very good, and the drinks were plentiful.  We hope everyone else had as good of a time as we did!

Since you spent a lot of time under the big screen watching movies I suppose, could you name a few movies that played while you were on board

thanks 😁

26 minutes ago, traceytd said:

Since you spent a lot of time under the big screen watching movies I suppose, could you name a few movies that played while you were on board

thanks 😁

Not sound-guy0918, but here is what was playing the week before according to the Patters; we didn't watch any MUTS:

• The Call of the Wild
  • In the Heights*
  • Jungle Cruise
  • A Quiet Place II*
  • Ad Astra
  • The Personal History of David Copperfield
  • Black Widow*
  • Big
  • Yesterday
  • Cruella
  • Star Wars:  Episode VIII - The Last Jedi*
  • Dumplin'
  • Together Together (in Explorers)
  • Tolkein
  • The Wolverine*
  • X-men:  Dark Phoenix*
  • The Devil Wears Prada
  • Moulin Rouge

*actually under the stars!

Plus live football games and the usual group of concerts during the day.

Edited by capriccio
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, traceytd said:

thanks 😁

While we were there, we saw part/all of

Moulin Rouge 

Ford vs Ferrari

Slumdog Millionaire

The Martian

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

plus we enjoyed Games Under The Stars and some NFL games.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sound_guy0918 said:

While we were there, we saw part/all of

Moulin Rouge 

Ford vs Ferrari

Slumdog Millionaire

The Martian

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

plus we enjoyed Games Under The Stars and some NFL games.

For people on the B2B (Eastern and Western Caribbean) that is great that they didn't repeat (much) .  I wonder if they did that intentionally or am I giving too much credit to the Entertainment Director?

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

to all those boarding the CB today - stay safe ... weather headed that way - may even include a tornado warning or so 

The Tornado warning for Broward County (Fort Lauderdale) was issued about 15 minutes ago and is in effect from 11:23 am to noon.   A Tornado Watch was issued earlier for 10 am until 3 pm.

• Like 1