If anyone on a CCL ship reads this, How's the crew situation look to you on your ship?

MrMarc

Since it sounds like the RCCL cancelations are due to crew being sick, If anyone onboard has any insights, it would be nice to get a heads up on POSSIBLE cancelations.  I know that someone's opinion does not mean that a cruise will or will not be canceled.  And to be clear, CCL has not indicated that they will cancel anything.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Since it sounds like the RCCL cancelations are due to crew being sick, If anyone onboard has any insights, it would be nice to get a heads up on POSSIBLE cancelations.  I know that someone's opinion does not mean that a cruise will or will not be canceled.  And to be clear, CCL has not indicated that they will cancel anything.

Carnival has not indicated much of anything.

• Like 2

I was on the Mardi Gras last week, does that count?

No staff issues at all.

Someone mentioned on the last day that there were very few bartenders. I didn't notice.

I never ate in the same place so didn't notice that there were different servers (aka staff testing positive and being replaced).

I also drank at the same bar and it was a group of about 4-5 bartenders, the same ones, the entire week.

The Funsquad was always around. Never noticed anyone missing.

Supposedly there was A LOT of positive cases on board with guests, but it didn't affect staffing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

This is funny, can't get anyone to say what is going on on a Carnival ship and cannot stop people from saying what is going on on a RCCL ship.

Hopefully it's a no news is good news type of situation!  We're two weeks and a day away from Mardi Gras!

• Like 2

On Elation now, B2B2B. Finishing second leg. All shows were performed until tonight. Epic Rock was cancelled. Announcement was odd, said it was “unfortunate...unavoidable.” Comedian will perform in the main lounge tonight. Mikado. We’re on for one more cruise, will see what happens tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just about to finish on Legend. 

Have had the same canon steward and wait staff all week. One crew member said they get tested "just about daily."  Protocols are strict. Playlist got canceled last night. Cruise director said 2 members not feeling well.  Tested negative but protocol is quarantine for 72 hours. Comedy show ended up moving to the theater wich was great. Piano bar canceled tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On Horizon…did stop at Antigua, but denied entry at St Kitts and Grand Turk, attempting to stop at Nassau tomorrow, but no OK yet….so this has been an 8 day cruise to Antigua.  Only 2 comedians…but Sean Finnirty…was all we needed…great shows.  No real complaints since we had already been to Saint Kitts and Grand Turk. 
did not venture to any very crowded areas, the upper decks were packed during our multiple sea days.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, xmasteach said:

On Horizon…did stop at Antigua, but denied entry at St Kitts and Grand Turk, attempting to stop at Nassau tomorrow, but no OK yet….so this has been an 8 day cruise to Antigua.  Only 2 comedians…but Sean Finnirty…was all we needed…great shows.  No real complaints since we had already been to Saint Kitts and Grand Turk. 
did not venture to any very crowded areas, the upper decks were packed during our multiple sea days.

Thought the Horizon was in dry dock in Italy undergoing repairs on propulsion system.

59 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

According to a pit boss friend of my daughter, Mardi Gras offloaded covid-positive crew last week and more this week.  He said the name of the "crew hospital" ship they were sent to but I can't remember it.

Now I remember - Paradise.

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Are all of the ships mentioned based in Florida?

I know you hate bloggers but this guy actually loves carnival. It's his go to favorite line.

Carnival vista out of Galveston he says moved at least one crew to sensation. I dont think sensation has restarted. Mobile? 

20220108_031248212.jpeg

• Like 1

The Sensation is anchored offshore in Galveston.

Watching the Vista on the port webcam the other day I saw what looked like a dozen men with luggage arriving by boat and entering the Vista directly from the boat.  My guess it was new crew transferred to the Vista from the only other Carnival ship in the area, Sensation, after their initial quarantine period. 

Edited by Bevv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

Unless this site has access information that no one else has, I do not think this is accurate. 

On the Carnival website, you cannot book the Splendor or Sensation in the months of January to March  Sensation on Carnival.  Liberty the first date I can book is Jan16th. Sensation no January or Feb

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xmasteach said:

On the Horizon or Freedom???

I have friends onboard the Mardi Gras (debarking as I type, I suspect) and I know a lot of our favorite staff members from our last Mardi Gras cruise have been 'on vacation' for their sailing.  They both mentioned that it has seemed like the remaining staff is dealing with more than the usual share of incredibly rude passengers.  Will be interested to see what others have been noticing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Virga said:

They both mentioned that it has seemed like the remaining staff is dealing with more than the usual share of incredibly rude passengers.  Will be interested to see what others have been noticing.

I'm really sorry to hear carnival pax are acting this way too. Rcl pax posters indicate they have been divas onboard, not being grateful or happy. The I'm just glad to cruise disappeared all the sudden. 

Thought from posts here carnival pax rolling with the punches much more. If shows cancelled, they scream, rcl advertises top shows, I didnt get my money's worth .. like shows are cancelled for no reasons. Sad carnival pax acting the same way. Hopefully after the holidays people calm down. 

• Like 5