Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

2 hours ago, ohiojohn said:

We may be neighbors this Saturday, we are also in an S3 on the 10th.

We are on the 9th floor.  We're were in the same cabin not the Edge and loved it.  I can't wait until we get on board and start the fun.  We're coming from Michigan.   Where are you from?

We have been to Costa Maya many many times and have done excursions on our own and visited the ruins and more so we will just be walking around the port area and maybe take a taxi ride to the local beach.  I do recommend taking a taxi ride to the local beach… better food and the souvenir cost less.  Always bargain!  Lol… they say $50.00 you say $25.00 and eventually you will settle around $30-$35.

3 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We're in an S3 suite next week on the Apex.  We have a 4 night speciality dining package.  I'd prefer the 3 night but it's sold out.  The hubby wants me to cancel because he thinks the Luminae is good so why book the speciality restaurants too.  I like to try it all.  I'm paying with OBC from the TA so I think I should keep it.  

We did not care for Luminae on Edge.  Loved the Specialties especially Eden.

• Like 1

Thanks Benny:

it appears X upped its game on Apex and will further do so on Beyond and Ascend. Especially for Sunset Bar all new design.

My take: while Oasis is a playground ship for families, E class especially the new ones are playgrounds for adults.

Luminae on Beyond has been moved a couple of decks higher and all the way forward. Lots of big windows.

Edited by HMR74
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Thanks Benny:

it appears X upped its game on Apex and will further do so on Beyond and Ascend. Especially for Sunset Bar all new design.

My take: while Oasis is a playground ship for families, E class especially the new ones are playgrounds for adults.

Luminae on Beyond has been moved a couple of decks higher and all the way forward. Lots of big windows.

They definitely did and will do!!  E Class is an amazing experience and felt totally pampered border line spoiled by the crew.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We are on the 9th floor.  We're were in the same cabin not the Edge and loved it.  I can't wait until we get on board and start the fun.  We're coming from Michigan.   Where are you from?

Hi,  how about we move over to the roll call.  This tread is so special with all the Apex pictures and discussion. I have responded over on our roll call thread.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HMR74 said:

Thanks Benny:

Heard that on the Beyond and assume on the Ascent as well the Martini Bar will be a full 360° circle

• Like 2

8 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We're in an S3 suite next week on the Apex.  We have a 4 night speciality dining package.  I'd prefer the 3 night but it's sold out.  The hubby wants me to cancel because he thinks the Luminae is good so why book the speciality restaurants too.  I like to try it all.  I'm paying with OBC from the TA so I think I should keep it.  

You make the right choice dining at the specialty restaurants during this pandemic world to avoid crowding in the Luminae restaurant especially on the first nigh and the chic nights.

If you have premium packages the sommelier will pair the wine with your meals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, verizon said:

You make the right choice dining at the specialty restaurants during this pandemic world to avoid crowding in the Luminae restaurant especially on the first nigh and the chic nights.

If you have premium packages the sommelier will pair the wine with your meals.

I did not know that and next time it might be worth the upgrade vs paying the difference as you go.

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2

Charity Lockhart is an amazing singer.  If you get a chance you should check her out.

BDF12502-D04F-4202-B49D-ECDD44725A14.jpeg

BE9A6A35-4962-4F28-AE1E-436E94ACA86F.jpeg

I believe she and her DD were on the Edge back in Sept 21. Fantastic!

Stay Safe! Happy Cruising! 

11 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Sorry I meant Apple Watch.  Trying to post on CC while on basic Wi-Fi can be a challenge so I have to let some errors go.  Sorry about that!

Me too.    We both knew what we were talking about and I appreciate your hard work.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Me too.    We both knew what we were talking about and I appreciate your hard work.  

Benny is our go to person on this info.

The ILounge usually  has limited "stuff" and not always current. One thing I like is a 256gb Ipad and they are hard to find on ship.

It's good that they do have accessories like cords etc. When you need it you need it. Amazon not yet delivering to ships. (I do not think but that woudl be a heck of an option). There is an Apple Store just south of the Puerta Vallerta Port I had to find to get something fixed on wifes Iphone. It was a breeze.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Benny is our go to person on this info.

The ILounge usually  has limited "stuff" and not always current. One thing I like is a 256gb Ipad and they are hard to find on ship.

It's good that they do have accessories like cords etc. When you need it you need it. Amazon not yet delivering to ships. (I do not think but that woudl be a heck of an option). There is an Apple Store just south of the Puerta Vallerta Port I had to find to get something fixed on wifes Iphone. It was a breeze.

Thank you for sharing that piece of valuable advice.  I will have to file that since I can be clumsy with my phone sometimes and might need that Apple Store.

19 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you for sharing that piece of valuable advice.  I will have to file that since I can be clumsy with my phone sometimes and might need that Apple Store.

Also a Wal Mart Store across the street from PV port. Especially good if you forget toiletries and cannot bear to pay ships prices. Which is me.

Does CC have a board that lists the port essential shopping options??

• Thanks 1

Day 3

Costa Maya … looking out our window.  The weather is beautiful and water is clear.  A little choppy for snorkeling I think but on the other side might be different.  It is a slow start day as you can tell we are still in the room and it’s 11:30AM.  The ship docked around 8AM.

0F9943C9-FDA5-46D3-8449-EB332D957A53.jpeg

A0F5FA3C-04C4-48D2-B3C3-2578B8EA9B50.jpeg

A2B3EF3A-5563-4D21-B085-9C6C941FFA8C.jpeg

F279BA2E-13AA-46A4-9BC7-3659BFCFAE57.jpeg

06E8BCBF-7FCE-478E-8D1A-02982329D320.jpeg

D5D93BFE-9CF2-438B-BA57-D088F1B602C9.jpeg

F340DA05-18DF-493F-A184-B3E5D3D96A64.jpeg

• Like 4