Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

45 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

The more of Benny's pictures I see, the more impressed I am with the second e class ship. Yes, E class costs more than S class, and "value" is a personal subjective issue, however there  an ambiance/ feeling , also subjective, that these are out of the box design thinking upscale ships.

Our next trip is on Oasis in the Fall with Family aka young and adult kids. Then soon thereafter on Beyond. Night and day. One the kids will like and one we will really like.

The E class ship is amazing.  We love the M class ships but we were wowed by the E class.  I know it’s not a fair comparison because of the low capacity on this sailing but the attentive service provided by the staff is beyond amazing. I walk pass by the server we had at Eden the other night this evening at Grand Plaza and he greeted me by name.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2022 at 1:20 PM, taylortime05 said:

We're on the Apex next sailing and then Summit on April 11-15 so I'm loving your live trip report.  We're very excited to be on the Apex next week.   We've only sailed S & E class so we were not sure if we'd like the Summit or not.  We got a great deal on a suite.  When you have a chance,  could you  tell me what you liked about the Summit?  Did they have good entertainment?  Thank you and have a wonderful cruise!

On 1/9/2022 at 1:27 PM, taylortime05 said:

Are Seth's group cruises much more expensive than buying directly from the cruise line?

You book them thru a TA Seth uses but basically it is the cost of the cruise plus a charge for Seth’s entertainment.  Google Sethsbigfatbroadwaycruise.  Would not call it “much more expensive.” If you like Broadway, it is worth it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark.Jules said:

We have reservations for Eden, and I was a bit concerned.  I guess I was focusing more on the reviews from the initial Eden opening on Edge.  After reading the posts from Benny and SNJ, I am so excited to experience the food in Eden.  67 days until we embark!

With Eden on the Apex you get more choices compared to Eden on the Edge.  My wife does not eat seafood and is picky on top of that, but she still found options that pleased her, which were impossible two years when we cruised on the Edge.

• Like 1

Glad to see some passengers in your photos; at the Martini Bar 😲.

The Apex is a beautiful ship but I doubt I will sail on it again. Do not like the infinity balcony or whatever it is called. Give me a real balcony without paying for a suite.

Also could Celebrity replace Murano with Fine Cut on other ships. That’s just my opinion and doesn’t represent everyone’s opinion.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

The Apex is a beautiful ship but I doubt I will sail on it again. Do not like the infinity balcony or whatever it is called. Give me a real balcony without paying for a suite.

Also could Celebrity replace Murano with Fine Cut on other ships. That’s just my opinion and doesn’t represent everyone’s opinion.

You could try a Sunset Versnda with big traditional balcony 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peery5 said:

What are you hearing as far as Covid #s .  We are on silhouette now and board Apex on 15th.  We have made our ports so guessing we are ok.

I have not personally heard anything because when you are in the room you don’t hear the announcements but we are making our port stops.  Today is Belize.  I did hear that last sailing Nassau was denied because they wanted everyone onboard to take a COVID test before getting off the ship and the port was skipped.

5 minutes ago, Croooser said:

Terrific thread! Thanks for the time and effort that it takes.

You said that the production show appeared to be about 40% full. Was that the 7:30 or the 9:30? Any idea which is more crowded? Trying to plan strategy.

No idea about the 7:30 show we were at 9:30 and the 40% full is only the 4th floor.  We dine in the middle so 9:30 usually works out better.  There are plenty of seats left and you can easily socially distance if you want to.  Might not be the best seats but you can have lots of space.  Masks were worn by most.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

I get it but I was hesitant but it’s growing on me because that space is now usable space and when I get out of bed there is space so I don’t bump into the door because we have the partition doors open.  In the morning room service brings the tray to the balcony table and we don’t have to fuss around to clean the table to make space.  It’s a good set up that will take time to grow on people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

I get it but I was hesitant but it’s growing on me because that space is now usable space and when I get out of bed there is space so I don’t bump into the door because we have the partition doors open.  In the morning room service brings the tray to the balcony table and we don’t have to fuss around to clean the table to make space.  It’s a good set up that will take time to grow on people.

I understand. I like to seat in the open air/sun while the whales go by or maybe flying fish while not sucking out all the cool air in the cabin.

• Like 2

What an excellent learning experience-- I can't say " Thank You " enough for the time and effort  Mr.B is taking to educate those of us that have not been on this ship.

A few comments:

Beautiful, spotless ship -- Food presentation excellent and very appealing--- Entertainment " appears " to be same as always, but, not a complaint-- what else could they have ? )--seems as if there are very few passengers and limited mingling with folks you are not travelling with ( No where ya from , must be cold up there, how many cruises ya been on, wanna see pictures of our grandchildren , etc ).

Only one negative -- ( for us ) is the IV -- it looks much too small and not really a balcony.

We prefer a balcony ( as on the S Class ships ) on the " hump " --- middle of ship, large chairs, foot stools, nice size table and a railing to lean on and stare into space. 

I guess the only option for a " real " balcony would be a suite-- but, not for us---we would not use the services of the butler--- and besides , ( LOL ) we are now Elite and get a free bag of laundry and a diet coke between 5-7 pm. 

• Thanks 1