Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

6 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Hmm- I thought Marina and Riveria were 2300 or so.

We are on the Marina in August, and it is a 1250 passenger capacity ship. Their smaller and older ships have a 684-passenger capacity.

Edited by terrydtx

7 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Hmm- I thought Marina and Riveria were 2300 or so. It is 1250.

We are booked on Beyond in Retreat, and we were on Reflection in Retreat (it was that or Marina on a TA to Med then time in the Med) which is not really the full retreat experience. Even after they revolutionize it which keeps on being pushed back.

When I booked the Refl 2022 cruises , I was told they were revolutionizing it just before our cruises--and I booked that in early 2021.

Disappointed yes but understanding the "audibles" due to economic and health conditions

We were in a Sky Suite on the Equinox last August and loved the experience, the partial revolutionizing did add the Retreat deck, less any water feature, and the Retreat Lounge. I would not book now any cruise on a non-revolutionized ship. We originally booked back in 2019 two 2021 Infinity Europe cruises in Sky Suites after knowing she was going to get revolutionized in March 2020. When Covid canceled or postponed the Revolution program we were fine that Celebrity canceled the 2 cruises for 2021, before we canceled them, so we got 125% FCC which we applied to our Equinox August cruise future 2023 Apex cruise in the Retreat.

12 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are on the Marina in August, and it is a 1250 passenger capacity ship. Their smaller and older ships have a 684-passenger capacity.

you are correct, I had a senior moment.  Make sense as the R and M ships could go into the smaller ports.

I passed on the Marina 2022 TA since it went  in March and took the north route, and Reflection took the southern Route and left in April. And that our post cruise in Italy would have slighly nicer weather.

The Marina would  have dropped us off in Venice, which has now changed.

Beyond has a nice itinerary in spring 2023 -a TA and then an 8 day then 12 day in eastern Med different ports except for Naples.

Prices in 2023 seem to be way up, but considering that oil is headed up fast as are food costs and all the protocol costs , not a surprices. I had looked at both Reflection 2023 and Constellation 2023 Med prices and those were not all that  much lower than the Beyond.

Edited by HMR74

1 hour ago, signe63 said:

Someone just released this post on Facebook:

"We were booked (12 months ago) on Infinity July 2 2022

Our travel agent tells us it’s been cancelled and infinity is “grounded “ till end of the year.

He’s rebooked us on Beyond.

Any one else had something similar yet?"

Travel Agents may speculate that the ship is out of service and move clients bookings, but I can confirm that no official word has been sent to agents.  The announcement may come at any time, but no travel agents have been informed as of this morning.  Most agents wouldn't move a booking like this before there is an official announcement  since there may be some offers given to clients booked on these sailings like "lift and shift" or other no penalty move offers.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HMR74 said:

Prices in 2023 seem to be way up, but considering that oil is headed up fast as are food costs and all the protocol costs , not a surprices. I had looked at both Reflection 2023 and Constellation 2023 Med prices and those were not much all that  much lower than the Beyond.

Yes back in 2018 when the Edge was first launched the prices were much higher than the other ships in the fleet but dropped in the years after.  Our 12-night New Zealand cruise on the Edge in March 2024 is a Sky Suite is almost $1800pp less than our 12-night Apex Sky Suite in 2023. 

41 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We love Oceania, and their larger ships offer us an exceptional experience. We however would probably not cruise on their smaller ships, just too small and older.

deleted   duplicate

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

Yes back in 2018 when the Edge was first launched the prices were much higher than the other ships in the fleet but dropped in the years after.  Our 12-night New Zealand cruise on the Edge in March 2024 is a Sky Suite is almost $1800pp less than our 12-night Apex Sky Suite in 2023. 

I saw the same thing on the 2022 cruise where the back end of the B2b on Edge 7 nite Med was noticably more than the back end 11 night reflection. In the end I wanted 11 nights vs 7 nights back end.

Wanting things at age 76 becomes a race against time.

Infinity2022  was on my radar for a while for the spring 2022 trip--early on, the Infinity TA went out of Rio to Barcelona and I thought that would be an interesting thing. However, the back end of b2b either was not available (revolutionize in Spain?) or I did not like the Itinerary which went to England .  And the Edge 7 day went from  Barcelona something like 8 days later.

37 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We love Oceania, and their larger ships offer us an exceptional experience. We however would probably not cruise on their smaller ships, just too small and older.

In your opinion would you consider Marina to be smaller and older, but nicer and more exclusive?  Which X ship would you compare it with?

Edited by Oceangoer2

14 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

In your opinion would you consider Marina to be smaller and older, but nicer and more exclusive?  Which X ship would you compare it with?

The Marina was launched, I believe in 2012 and was refurbished last year.   She has 1250 passengers and 800 crew for an excellent crew to passenger ratio. The older 684 passenger ships are the ships of the old defunct Renaissance cruise line and were built in the 1990's. I'm not sure I could compare Marina with any X ships because Oceania is so different an experience. The experience of the X Retreat overall is closer to Oceania. On a cost per day basis a Marina Concierge class cabin is pretty close to a Sky Suite in size and cost.  When we look for new cruise bookings, we compare Oceania and Celebrity on similar itineraries and then look for which one has the most amenities at best price and or itinerary. We chose the Marina for our cruise of the Baltics this year over a similar Apex cruise, but the Apex won out for our 2023 from Amsterdam to Athens cruise. We have a B2B cruise booked on the Edge in NZ/Aus in 2024 and when Oceania announces their 2024 schedule, we will again compare the two side by side.

Edited by terrydtx

7 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Can you try to go back to the topic?

Is there new news?

X apparently has to resolve problems in a world where things are changing fast. Thats part of the discussion and M class might not be on X's radar in the future as they are too costly to operate and rennovate if the new strategy is focus on  premium big ships, a niche thats untouched but X is going after. When X made decision to revolutionize the fleet-that was before covid and times have changed.

They cannot put eden or rooftop gril on top of M class. Just look at the amenities on e class and that game was upped on Apex and will be moreso on Beyond (sunset bar, 4  real good choices in MDR, The question is whether the big numbers will follow them to E enhanced E class.

This new strategy makes M class nostalgic but not desireable

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’d be happy if they got rid of Infinity.  I just don’t know what other ship we would get, and how they would move people around.

I have read that there will be an announcement tomorrow (Wednesday).

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

Kinda vague.  Want to give us a clue?  Which X employee?

I just figured out.  It was on my site… billionairecruiser.com.

(Ok so not really.)

If someone has a better answer, I’d like to hear it.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, frankh1969 said:

Just checked Celebrity web site and the Celebrity Infinity cruise on April 15th is no longer on the web site. Either it's cancelled or it is at full capacity. Which one do you think it is?

Oct. 20th is sold out or further limited in capacity. It was still there this morning but said that “no rooms fit your selection” and all I had chosen was 1 room for 2 people. 

I just looked at shoreexcursiongroup,com-they show the April 2 TA from Rio to Lisbon on April 15,

as well they show the April 15 cruise ending in Barcelona on April 24. the barclona on April 15 ending in Porto Corsini on May 5,

That was not the infinity itinerary back a year ago, except for teh TA part and had that been the itinerary I probably would  have taken it. with a pre cruise stay in Rio-assumining all is ok and a post cruise stay in Venice, Florence and Rome.

That said, its still on the website of a large shore excursion company  FWIW.

Just a few minutes ago CDC put out level 4 travel warnings to 22 countries due to covid.  Cannot cut and past from that news source.

1 hour ago, HMR74 said:

I just looked at shoreexcursiongroup,com-they show the April 2 TA from Rio to Lisbon on April 15,

as well they show the April 15 cruise ending in Barcelona on April 24. the barclona on April 15 ending in Porto Corsini on May 5,

That was not the infinity itinerary back a year ago, except for teh TA part and had that been the itinerary I probably would  have taken it. with a pre cruise stay in Rio-assumining all is ok and a post cruise stay in Venice, Florence and Rome.

That said, its still on the website of a large shore excursion company  FWIW.

Just a few minutes ago CDC put out level 4 travel warnings to 22 countries due to covid.  Cannot cut and past from that news source.

They still list all the Eclipse sailings that have been cancelled up through April so I’m not sure that it’s indicating anything that the Infinity listings are also still there. My guess is that they haven’t been able to keep up with all the cancellations lately.