Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

11 hours ago, ccmacentee said:

I don't like the itineraries either, though I'm glad to have better ship options & longer sailings than Infinity.  Because I wanted Rome to Barcelona (or vice versa), and had been to so many of the other ports, I asked my TA to ask Celebrity if I can change to Beyond for the Italian Riviera, and they said "no".  Oh well!   Now I need to think about what I want to do.

WARNING whining ahead NO ONE READ

Yea that’s what I don’t like.  X can pull the rug out from under you but when you ask them for flexibility, they tell you to get lost.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:34 AM, mahdnc said:

Celebrity has not updated their Excel file to indicate this as of yet.  However I have made a notation in the Google sheet version that I had posted.

We booked the 06/18/22, and Celebrity is only offering us a choice of three other options for Lift and Shift, not the ten on this list. I have my heart set on the 10-night Reflection to Croatia and Montenegro. Should I call again and ask for a supervisor?

11 minutes ago, kjb1466 said:

We booked the 06/18/22, and Celebrity is only offering us a choice of three other options for Lift and Shift, not the ten on this list. I have my heart set on the 10-night Reflection to Croatia and Montenegro. Should I call again and ask for a supervisor?

Yes, I would call again and ask for a supervisor.  It can't hurt.  I would tell them that the Reflection sailing you want is listed on the Celebrity Commitment website (the name of the website is ironic in this case).  Judging from the sailing names, you may want to tell them how the Reflection itinerary more closely aligns with your cruise that Celebrity cancelled.  Be polite but persistent.  

How are the 3 Lift and Shift options being communicated to you? In writing? Or over the telephone?

Good luck.

image.thumb.png.c969465c12d00bd76eaf0369ff698f2f.png

image.thumb.png.a08514ec17260b09698fa0ba914adb9b.png

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, kjb1466 said:

I find that when I don't get the answer I'm looking for, if I call back a few times and talk to someone different, sooner or later I usually get what I'm after, as long as the request is reasonable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, I would call again and ask for a supervisor.  It can't hurt.  I would tell them that the Reflection sailing you want is listed on the Celebrity Commitment website (the name of the website is ironic in this case).  Judging from the sailing names, you may want to tell them how the Reflection itinerary more closely aligns with your cruise that Celebrity cancelled.  Be polite but persistent.  

How are the 3 Lift and Shift options being communicated to you? In writing? Or over the telephone?

Good luck.

image.thumb.png.c969465c12d00bd76eaf0369ff698f2f.png

image.thumb.png.a08514ec17260b09698fa0ba914adb9b.png

Communicated via phone

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

WARNING whining ahead NO ONE READ

Yea that’s what I don’t like.  X can pull the rug out from under you but when you ask them for flexibility, they tell you to get lost.

So... you're no longer sailing on Celebrity, right?

I see only three options to replace 10/12/22 Spain and Portugal.  And the replacements cost almost twice as much for 1-2 days extra.  One is on the EDGE so I expect that to be a little more expensive but the others aren't much cheaper.

I'm waiting for confirmation that we can move our deposit to our 12/23/23 cruise but I don't expect confirmation for 2-3 weeks.

Edited by zitsky

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I see only three options to replace 10/12/22 Spain and Portugal.  And the replacements cost almost twice as much for 1-2 days extra.  One is on the EDGE so I expect that to be a little more expensive but the others aren't much cheaper.

I'm waiting for confirmation that we can move our deposit to our 12/23/23 cruise but I don't expect confirmation for 2-3 weeks.

With lift and shift you get the price you paid on your original trip. We had a b2b scheduled and got skunked on the 2nd one since there were no options. I’ll have to check if they prorated for days….

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

At this point I’m concerned if the Edge will stay in Europe. We’re booked on the 5/28 sailing out of Civitavecchia to the Greek Isles and I just checked the website that shows all stateroom availability (cannot be named here) and other than suites the cruise is wide open. I’m mean really wide open. It’s obvious that X is not doing well booking this ship. Right now we’re waiting to see what or if anything changes around the first of April before making a final decision unless X makes it for us.

I can’t see six Celebrity ships being placed in Europe this season. Hopefully they will decide soon if other ships will be pulled. We’re planning on spending time in Italy both pre and post cruise which means multiple testing opportunities which is not really something that we want to deal with. At least three/four required Covid tests. I think that’s one thing deterring others as well. 

6 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

At this point I’m concerned if the Edge will stay in Europe. We’re booked on the 5/28 sailing out of Civitavecchia to the Greek Isles and I just checked the website that shows all stateroom availability (cannot be named here) and other than suites the cruise is wide open. I’m mean really wide open. It’s obvious that X is not doing well booking this ship. Right now we’re waiting to see what or if anything changes around the first of April before making a final decision unless X makes it for us.

I can’t see six Celebrity ships being placed in Europe this season. Hopefully they will decide soon if other ships will be pulled. We’re planning on spending time in Italy both pre and post cruise which means multiple testing opportunities which is not really something that we want to deal with. At least three/four required Covid tests. I think that’s one thing deterring others as well. 

What about BEYOND in Europe?  Isn’t that the same issue?

OK maybe I need a new TA.  She is presenting me a very different list that what you all are talking about.  I was on Spain/Portugal but I'm being presented Trans-Atlantic for Lift & Shift.  I am working on this now, trying to figure out where this is coming from, either TA or Celebrity.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

OK maybe I need a new TA.  She is presenting me a very different list that what you all are talking about.  I was on Spain/Portugal but I'm being presented Trans-Atlantic for Lift & Shift.  I am working on this now, trying to figure out where this is coming from, either TA or Celebrity.

I haven’t checked to see how the Beyond is booking but we looked at that ship before booking the Edge. No way would we pay those prices.

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

’m mean really wide open. It’s obvious that X is not doing well booking this ship. Right now we’re waiting to see what or if anything changes around the first of April before making a final decision unless X makes it for us.

Before the Omicron fiasco hit, Celebrity was successfully booking this year's ships in Europe heavily. The reason for the availability now is all the cancelations due to the Covid uncertainty.

Does anyone know how to respond back to Celebrity to advise them of our option choice.  As we never received an correspondence in relation to our cancellation, although we booked directly through Celebrity, we are not sure how to respond back to them.  I have been trying to ring the office in the UK since Thursday but cannot get through.  I have emailed a number of times to different places but again no response.  One agent did reply and gave me information about the options but she cannot deal with our booking.  I am really disappointed with the customer services being provided to us all in relation to this issue but I won't go on a rant about it ...yet.   If anyone can help by giving me an email address for Celebrity we would really appreciate it. 

42 minutes ago, zitsky said:

@JanaAZ says above that you L&S at your original price?

That is the whole point of Lift and Shift--that you get to transfer to a new sailing with the price you paid for the old cruise.  

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

That is annoying since the Lift & Shift option has to be exercised by Feb 3.

The letter that is being sent out (link) says to contact Celebrity at 316-554-5961 (world wide) for questions.  

image.thumb.png.71a81003d780ee4e87d988b62352e012.png

37 minutes ago, JanaAZ said:

I did L&S to one of the 3 cruise options they gave. I got the price I paid for the infinity cruise on the new L&S reservation on edge. 

That’s great!  We are traveling with friends so we are trying to decide what to do as a group.

1 hour ago, Maxie33 said:

Does anyone know how to respond back to Celebrity to advise them of our option choice.  As we never received an correspondence in relation to our cancellation, although we booked directly through Celebrity, we are not sure how to respond back to them.  I have been trying to ring the office in the UK since Thursday but cannot get through.  I have emailed a number of times to different places but again no response.  One agent did reply and gave me information about the options but she cannot deal with our booking.  I am really disappointed with the customer services being provided to us all in relation to this issue but I won't go on a rant about it ...yet.   If anyone can help by giving me an email address for Celebrity we would really appreciate it. 

I’m in the UK. I used the link on the Celebrity Facebook page to send a message. I had a response within a few hours and the responder took my reservation details and moved our Infinity cruise to The Edge. He then moved the cruises that were linked to mine (we were travelling with friends) and ensured that all our cabins were next door to each other as previously. This was within 24 hours of notification that our cruise had been cancelled. Might be worth you trying the same way if you can’t get through on the phone. The responders name is Jack if that helps. Good luck - I hope you get sorted. 

• Thanks 1

April 24, 2022 Infinity cruise cancelled. Three options given for L&S, May 6 on Edge, May 13 on Reflection, May 16 on Constellation. We chose 5/13 on Reflection because 5 of the seven ports are new for us. Plus, this is the second L&S for this particular booking and with the original low cost of the cruise in 2019 we do not want a refund. Veranda cabin, deck 7 midship, Premium Drink Package, $750.00 OBC, all taxes and fees = $4300.00. Got to go somewhere for that price.

Hope we go to Italy, Croatia and Greece. 

Five ships are scheduled for Europe TA's in April to join Beyond, already there. Should be able to tell if the European season is a go by whether or not they indeed depart. Don't think all those X-Boats will make the trip to remain empty or have itineraries and ports canceled.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 2