All Things -Voyager of the Seas

BillOh

I use to love the ALL THINGS (SHIP) threads in the old forum.  I did a search and only found ALL THNGS Mariner, so I thought I'd start the tradition and bring back this one.    Voyager was our first cruise in 2006, booked in late 2004 if I remember right.  That thread helped me out a lot.  Voyager did do Galveston after our trip, probably a few other home ports before heading to Asia.    I haven't been on a ship since Oct of 2019. While I'm still hopeful my May of 2022 cruise will  happen, I'm actually allowing to look ahead to 2023 and noticed Vogager will be in San Duan when we normally cruise in early May.

So if you are booked on Voyager, when is it?   If you have sailed on her, when was that? I know it has changed since my 2006 cruise.  I assume its gotten more or more amped up improvements.  Did they change it a lot for Asia?  I hope those really slow auto open doors coming out of the Windjammer to the pool deck work better now 🙂      Any pictures of her welcome!

I'm sure I have the photo somewhere  I'm looking forward to seeing that urinal again up near the windjammer. I think that one is/was/still maybe unique to that ship?

100_0329.jpg

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Booked on the Sept 2022 Arctic Crossing (CPH to BOS) ... first time on Voyager, but did sail on Adventure in Sept 2019 (Cape Liberty to Quebec City).

P.S. Pretty sure I read that the urinal is gone.

That sounds like a fun cruise! Ihope to hear about it when you go.

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

P.S. Pretty sure I read that the urinal is gone.

It was the last night of our first cruise. It was close to 2am, I walked into that bathroom.  When I saw the fancy fountain and no urinals I thought I walked into the ladies room by mistake. I started to get out quickly when another guy came in and started peeing in the fountain.

• Haha 3

Voyager has been in Australia and Singapore for the past years and it hasn’t changed much. We eat hamburgers,drink beer and speak a kind of English.

There was a dry dock at the end of 2019 where they put in a heap of cabins where the gym was.

And that’s gone from the men’s on the pool deck.

image.jpeg.997b273b1bce23d5008c9702f50d0a52.jpeg

• Like 1

We cruised her when she was brand new.  Most amazing thing I'd ever seen.  First time on a ship with a promenade.  First time on a ship with specialty dining.  I think it was 15 bucks for Chops.  And yes, you could see the infamous urinal from our balcony.  

• Like 1

I have a soft spot for Voyager. We have sailed her a few times around the Pacific, and the Singapore to Australia repositioning. We did a crossing the equator ceremony which was a highlight. 

We’re next booked on her this August for Northern Europe and Norway. 

• Like 1

As Voyager has been out of service for about two years and will not return before mid April don't expect much updated information beside statements like I will travel with her on.... Currently she is in dry dock in Brest and I hope she keeps at least her blue hull which makes her look special. She was a better ship before they added all these cabins on deck 11 and 12 which makes her much more crowded and the nice open deck in the front with the peak-a-boo bridge is now gone. And we will travel with her on April 24!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, emory2001 said:

We’re booked on Voyager for Northern Europe in summer 2023, so I’m interested in this too. I’ve been on Mariner once, with two more on Mariner this year, but not Voyager before.

FYI - Mariner (and Navigator) is a 2nd generation Voyager class.  She has some differences versus the 1st generation (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure).

https://voyager-class.com/design/process/comparison/comparison.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

As Voyager has been out of service for about two years and will not return before mid April don't expect much updated information beside statements like I will travel with her on.... Currently she is in dry dock in Brest and I hope she keeps at least her blue hull which makes her look special. She was a better ship before they added all these cabins on deck 11 and 12 which makes her much more crowded and the nice open deck in the front with the peak-a-boo bridge is now gone. And we will travel with her on April 24!

Another one that's on the Arctic Circle in September.  I do hope you'll report back with your impressions.  Never been on any Voyager class ship.  This ship doesn't seem to have as many restaurants as the others.  

When I first booked onto her, I struggled to find current info after the refurbishment in 2019.  I think there is one YouTube video and I found this little blurb.  "During October 2019 drydock 67 staterooms were added. This included 21 inside cabins to deck 12 forward, 15 insides and 17 deluxe balconies and 6 junior suites to deck 11 forward in place of the fitness center, 4 insides to deck 8 and 4 insides to deck 9. The fitness center and spa were moved to deck 12 aft and the perfect storm water slide was added. Johnny Rockets removed and Johnny Rockets Express added to pool area in its place."

I hope you have a great cruise on her!

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:31 AM, island lady said:

We have never been on Voyager either.  Have been on sister's Mariner and EX...but not this one.  

Booked for B3B out of PR January 2023.  

Explorer is the only one I haven't been on might have to fix that.

• Like 1