Pfizer 2 doses =fully vaccinated?

NoName

I don't believe so.  See the highlighted portion below from the FAQ section.

What kind of proof of vaccination will Carnival accept?

Guests may present an original vaccination document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination, (i.e., CDC Vaccination Record Card). No photocopies or pictures of the document are acceptable.

A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.

The name and date of birth on the vaccination card must match the guest’s travel documents, and show the guest is fully vaccinated. This means the guest has completed the full cycle of the required doses for the vaccines administered (i.e., received the second dose in a two-dose series) and the second dose was administered 14 days before the sailing date (not including embarkation day). Vaccination type, dates and lot numbers must be clearly visible.

• Like 1

Just make sure that the dates of the first 2 doses are clearly on your vaccine documentation.  And I would be prepared that an untrained employee might see her booster date and try to suggest that this is an issue.  It is not.  If you get any flak, escalate to a supervisor immediately.  

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

As of now the 2 dose regimen is accepted. But no one would be surprised if sometime in the not too near future a booster shot is added to the requirement.

I just saw on the news this morning that Hawaii is going to require guests to have the booster or else quarantine for 5 days.  I'd have to expect that to apply to those of us who will be cruising to Hawaii, at least until this mess is over with.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mgmigs said:

Fully vaccinated is 14 days (sometimes 15) after your last dose

Not correct as of now.

Fully vaccinated means the 15th day after the 2nd dose of a two dose vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, or Astra Zeneca), OR the 15th day after the only dose of a one dose vaccine (J&J).

As others have said a booster may be required. When that happens the statement will be "full schedule of a vaccine PLUS a booster (and then not sure if they will say 7 or 14 days - whatever the studies show when the booster becomes the most effective).

12 hours ago, NoName said:

Does Carnival accept 2 doses of Pfizer as fully vaccinated?  My sister is scheduled to get her booster a few days before sailing....that is okay, right?

Just making sure you are using the same language as the medical world and cruise lines here as your question seems to be referencing two different issues yet the way you word it makes it appear you are possibly asking the same thing. Specifically,  when you say "booster" I assume you mean a third dose of Pfizer and not the 2nd primary vaccine shot as being a booster? If it is the former, then she's good to go but if it's the latter, then you've got problems.

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, groundloop said:

I just saw on the news this morning that Hawaii is going to require guests to have the booster or else quarantine for 5 days.  I'd have to expect that to apply to those of us who will be cruising to Hawaii, at least until this mess is over with.

I think its Los Angeles port now requires booster too. Princess maybe goes out of that port. 

But calif is already thinking need a booster to be fully vaccinated, so might as well get it if you havent.

Just a heads up for your sister on the booster shot (third dose):

Depending on her she reacted after the first two shots, she may find that she has a similar reaction after the third shot.

It might be difficult to convince a port official that any reaction she is having is from a recent booster shot and not a breakthrough case of covid.

41 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Just a heads up for your sister on the booster shot (third dose):

Depending on her she reacted after the first two shots, she may find that she has a similar reaction after the third shot.

It might be difficult to convince a port official that any reaction she is having is from a recent booster shot and not a breakthrough case of covid.

Can't agree more. A coworker recently had a horrible reaction to her booster-she was fine with the first 2 doses. She (and her doctor) were convinced she had COVID. Even after testing negative, she stayed home for a week because she was miserable. I'd hate for her to have a reaction to the booster and be denied boarding because she's exhibiting symptoms (or sick).