The Daily for Wednesday 01/19/2022

richwmn

13 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Basically, and subject to change, at this point in time the Canadian government has lifted their ban on cruise ships, but the Canadian weather has not.

LOL cruise ships don’t come until May.  Not sure if we will be thawed by then or not at the rate the East and West Coast are going.  What a horrific January 😱 

• Like 12

Our first visit to Grand Cayman was on the Crystal Harmony during a 1998 Panama Canal transit. Seems rather melancholy today, on the day that Crystal has suspended operations...

"Today, Crystal is announcing that it has suspended operations for its Ocean and Expedition ships through April 29, 2022, with River cruises suspended through the end of May 2022. Suspending operations will provide Crystal’s management team with an opportunity to evaluate the current state of business and examine various options moving forward."

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Ya want ugly look up the NCL EPIC.  Kinda looks like Donald Duck in the front

I want to say that any ship I am on is a beautiful ship!

I don't really look at the ship when I am booking, just the itinerary usually.

Been on many cruise lines.

IMHO they are all good because they get me on a cruise!  Lol.😄

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Popcorn is a ‘dessert’ favorite in our house! No pasta tonight, we will enjoy homemade pizza with our Hawaiian grands as we enjoy January in Kona, HI. 5CE64CF9-741C-424B-8CCC-C9542EE7BDF4.thumb.jpeg.0588aa20d0cd902dd28e378e0abc3ea6.jpeg04507694-DE90-428A-962C-DFDA965E3362.thumb.jpeg.da99fe08121e7ca4cf934bfa826d568f.jpegA3B0F27C-8404-476D-8260-49FE4EB73728.jpeg.5a9b8ccc5b13d57c73eb0c1606eabaea.jpeg

I’m green, we were supposed to be there now!  Enjoy! 

• Like 12

I'm currently scheduled on Caribbean Princess Panama canal cruise set for arrival in Victoria, BC April 6 and Vancouver April 7 - it is then headed to Portland for dry dock.  Koningsdam arrives a couple days later and will do a Vancouver/ Hawaii RT leaving April 10.  I've been watching for news on Canada testing requirements.  Currently looks like a PCR test is required along with some movement tracking paperwork.

Jim

• Like 11

Thanks for all the daily information.

@Cruzin Terri best wishes for your DH's successful  MOHS tomorrow.

@kazuyou have a huge job clearing the snow and ice. Really beautiful flowers from your kindly BFF,

Sorry that Jose had a fall, hope he will heal quickly.  Is he managing to eat by himself?

This afternoon the PM  has had a TV appearance  to tell us all to get fully vaccinated and boosted, and to prepare for Omicron spreading in the community.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

So much news today.  So to all I say a prayer-to all who dream a wish fulfilled-for all that are sad, may an angel show it's wings.  

seems weird to just be me in the house, hope i can sleep.  all the sounds are different.  the cats are very confused, they want to know where DH is.  In regards to the cat rules, that is how are house is ruled with out the 5:30 wake up.  I have my diabetes sensor to start screaming at that point of the day.  This morning it was yelling sugar too low at 5 a.m.  I pressed the button, and put it under my pillow.

Sweet dreams everyone, a long day for me, and so Amazing race, and then bed!

• Like 13

Good evening to all.  

Again, I thought I was going to post this morning and it never happened.

Thank you to all for the good wishes and prayers for DH’s MOHS surgery tomorrow,  I really appreciate it.

Today just turned into a busy day with trying to get my MAC working correctly.  Basically I turned it into a half Mac and half windows.  When I tried to migrate my Quicken  files over from Mac to windows, it really mad a mess of things and I finally figured out how to fix the mess.  But it took most of the day

As for popcorn, can’t eat it, though I love it.  It does a terrible job on my stomach.

Destination of the day.  We used to have a timeshare in Grand Cayman and we loved going there.  We were so sorry when the lease ran out.  Would love to go back.  We spent many happy vacations in Cayman and would happily go back for another vacation.  Made many friends at our timeshare. It was a wonderful place and we were fortunate to be able to have it.

@richwmnthanks for the Daily.  I look forward to this every day. 

@rafinmdThank you for the cares and cheers list and for including DH and me in them for the next few days.  I will post as soon as I can with DHs results of the MOHS surgery.

I am also going to have a lump removed from my left arm on Tuesday as well as blood work.  So also need prayers for that.  Hope that this is a benign.  Going down to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for both procedures. Will post results when I know them.

I was unable to sleep last night and am very tired,.  Need to be at my best tomorrow so I am going to sign off.

Prayers to all who need them and please keep us in your prayers

God Bless to all,.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
Added information
  • Like 16

I am going to add a bit to my last post.

i must admit that I did not read through the posts prior to posting.  I am tired and will got to bed soon.

However, I am sorry to read @kazu’s report that Jose had a fall. However, I do think that it is good that he is up and about.  

I don’t know if it is allowed, but when my DBIL was in the nursing home and it was in lockdown twice, they allowed “compassion visits”.  We had to wear ppe and mask up and face shields but we were allowed to go in for about an hour.  It was a help and we could not do it every day, but it did make a difference.  You may want to ask if they would permit something similar.  

@mamaofamiI hope your situation improves regarding an aide.  I wish you could find someone by word of mouth.  That is the way we found the lady who helped us with DBIL.  

There are so many of you who need prayers and please be assured of mine.

I would be negligent if I did not post again with thoughts and prayers for those who are most in need.

God bless again.

Terri

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, erewhon said:

@kazuyou have a huge job clearing the snow and ice. Really beautiful flowers from your kindly BFF,

Sorry that Jose had a fall, hope he will heal quickly.  Is he managing to eat by himself?

Jose mostly eats by himself, now.  The nurses take the tops off his containers but other than that, he mostly manages on his own most times.

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

However, I am sorry to read @kazu’s report that Jose had a fall. However, I do think that it is good that he is up and about.  

I don’t know if it is allowed, but when my DBIL was in the nursing home and it was in lockdown twice, they allowed “compassion visits”.  We had to wear ppe and mask up and face shields but we were allowed to go in for about an hour.  It was a help and we could not do it every day, but it did make a difference.  You may want to ask if they would permit something similar.  

I was allowed to go in every day until I was turned away on Boxing Day.  Not called compassion visit here but Dependent Support Person as I am expected to not just visit but also help with his care (which I do) It’s a boon to the nurses especially with the staff shortages.  Believe me, they wish I could come in.  Sadly the covid outbreaks have ceased that for at least another 14 days. 😢 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

15 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

@XBGuy I can relate to the wine “snobbery” - lol. I don’t care for California wines (sorry!), nor do I like the wines from my former home state of Michigan, except for one winery - Mari Vineyards (they use Italian grapes in some). I MUCH prefer wines from Italy, France, and Spain 🍷

However, I did try a Dreaming Tree Chardonnay on a cruise and it was quite good, so there are exceptions to everything ☺️

Interesting that you mention Mari Vineyards.  We watch "The Curse of Oak Island" on the Discovery channel and notice that Marty often wears a shirt with "Mari Vineyards" on it.  If we ever get to Michigan we'll try his wine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Interesting that you mention Mari Vineyards.  We watch "The Curse of Oak Island" on the Discovery channel and notice that Marty often wears a shirt with "Mari Vineyards" on it.  If we ever get to Michigan we'll try his wine.

I had the pleasure of meeting Marty and his wife at the winery. Wonderful, down-to-earth people. We had a nice chat about wine and Italy. I’m a member of their wine club, and am very glad that they also ship to TN!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 11:54 PM, kazu said:

Jose mostly eats by himself, now.  The nurses take the tops off his containers but other than that, he mostly manages on his own most times.

I was allowed to go in every day until I was turned away on Boxing Day.  Not called compassion visit here but Dependent Support Person as I am expected to not just visit but also help with his care (which I do) It’s a boon to the nurses especially with the staff shortages.  Believe me, they wish I could come in.  Sadly the covid outbreaks have ceased that for at least another 14 days. 😢 

@kazu Thats good, thank you for your reply,

• Like 1