Filming of Coral Discoverer Cruise Kimberleys

H Carol,

yes heard about the WA closure.   

had a look on the WA website…,is that right 24 cases today?

my Melbourne to Fremantle cruise on Coral is not looking promising in March.   Hoping they might still go to SA or down to Tassie.   Any cruise where somebody cleans for me and cooks is lovely.

Eileen

2 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

H Carol,

my Melbourne to Fremantle cruise on Coral is not looking promising in March.   Hoping they might still go to SA or down to Tassie.   Any cruise where somebody cleans for me and cooks is lovely.

Eileen

If you mean a cruise in March this year, I don't think you have any chance at all of any cruise that soon. It would not matter whether or not it is going to WA. I don't think we will see cruising re-start until much later in the year - well, I hope it is this year.🤞

If your cruise is March 2023, you have a good chance you will be cruising. 🙂

50 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you mean a cruise in March this year, I don't think you have any chance at all of any cruise that soon. It would not matter whether or not it is going to WA. I don't think we will see cruising re-start until much later in the year - well, I hope it is this year.🤞

You are more optimistic than I am for cruising WA within 12 months.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The thing is none of us knows what's going to happen in the next 6 or 12 months. For example, I don't think anyone could have predicted 6 months ago that we'd be in the mess we are right now with omicron. I certainly didn't see it coming and thought things would keep improving. We've had delta and now this - where will it end? I think it's difficult for cruise lines to commit to our region given we're so far away from the rest of the world so they will probably keep putting off coming here, even if allowed.

14 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

H Carol,

Eileen

Coral are pretty proactive.  They will probably adjust the itinerary to include more of the expedition sites around South Australia, plus King Island, etc, and end in Adelaide instead of Fremantle.  I’m thinking they’ll have one ship for the southern states, one out of Cairns, and one in the Kimberley.  Just guessing; I’m not taking bets!

I do hope you are not disappointed yet again.

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Coral Expeditions have been sailing around various parts of Australia for at least the last seven months, if not longer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

The thing is none of us knows what's going to happen in the next 6 or 12 months. For example, I don't think anyone could have predicted 6 months ago that we'd be in the mess we are right now with omicron. I certainly didn't see it coming and thought things would keep improving. We've had delta and now this - where will it end? I think it's difficult for cruise lines to commit to our region given we're so far away from the rest of the world so they will probably keep putting off coming here, even if allowed.

Yes, who knows if the big companies will come to Australia late this year.  However this thread started with Coral Discoverer in the Kimberley and has continued on about Coral Expeditions in general.  They are an Australian company and restarted expedition cruises around Australia at some point last year.

3 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Yes, who knows if the big companies will come to Australia late this year.  However this thread started with Coral Discoverer in the Kimberley and has continued on about Coral Expeditions in general.  They are an Australian company and restarted expedition cruises around Australia at some point last year.

Thank you for drawing my attention to the topic of this thread; I was however responding to what I took to be a general comment by AusTraveller at post #27 above who said:

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't think we will see cruising re-start until much later in the year - well, I hope it is this year.

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Thank you for drawing my attention to the topic of this thread; I was however responding to what I took to be a general comment by AusTraveller at post #27 above who said:

Fair enough; my apologies.  I think Aus Traveller may also not have realised what cruise line was being referred to when they replied.

4 hours ago, Port Power said:

Fair enough; my apologies.  I think Aus Traveller may also not have realised what cruise line was being referred to when they replied.

Quite true. Sorry.  I didn't realise that Cruisers47 was referring to localised cruising by a small ship .I was referring to the larger cruise lines,

To answer the question   The Filming of coral cruise.....

Looking at most to the Slow TV... including the NZ north to south, The Indian Pacific etc

there seam to be very little on the Filming of, except they uses a lot of cameras... but nothing on was it all done .... like was it done of one trip of Indian Pacific, did they use Drone, Helicopter or Plane....

Cheers Don.

etc

8 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

To answer the question   The Filming of coral cruise.....

Looking at most to the Slow TV... including the NZ north to south, The Indian Pacific etc

there seam to be very little on the Filming of, except they uses a lot of cameras... but nothing on was it all done .... like was it done of one trip of Indian Pacific, did they use Drone, Helicopter or Plane....

Cheers Don.

etc

Yes, they used many cameras including drones

10 hours ago, Docker123 said:

If you have a few minutes to spare (11.5 hours), this is a slow boat journey of the MS Victoria of the Telemark Canal and beyond. I have watched parts when it has been on SBS.

Thank you.  I'll watch later, when I'm not absorbed by the tennis.