Junior Suite Question

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I would cancel my bid if you bid expecting extra loyalty pts. I personally only take showers not baths so the bath tub seems like a nothing to me. I remember jewel bath tub was a big step into. 

The big step into and out of the bathtub might be an annoyance to some and a safety hazard/obstacle to a few.  Also tall people may find their heads uncomfortably close to the ceiling when showering in the raised bathtubs.  While not a universal plus, for those that love a bath or have little ones to bathe, the tub is a big draw for the JS.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

The big step into and out of the bathtub might be an annoyance to some and a safety hazard/obstacle to a few.  Also tall people may find their heads uncomfortably close to the ceiling when showering in the raised bathtubs.  While not a universal plus, for those that love a bath or have little ones to bathe, the tub is a big draw for the JS.

I did like the bigger room and balcony. .. I just kept thinking who would have ever imagined a bath tub in a cabin held extra value. I would like a bigger bathroom, just not the tub. It just strikes me as funny people consider a tub a plus. My sister has balance issues so maybe that's why I notice stuff like step ups more than others. It was a nice cabin. I enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 2:13 PM, John&LaLa said:

Other things with a JS

Priority boarding, not sure about departure. 

Coffee machine and tea kettle

Bathtub

Walk in Closet in most cabins

Really large balcony, extra deep on Oasis class

A nice upholstered chair or two in addition to the sofa

Much larger vanity area

I will hold total judgement until I actually sit on one...but that "couch" in the JS cabin looks terribly uncomfortable on Odyssey.  😮 

Yeah, I know...you probably will have luxury leather recliner chairs in yours.  😄 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I did like the bigger room and balcony. .. I just kept thinking who would have ever imagined a bath tub in a cabin held extra value. I would like a bigger bathroom, just not the tub. It just strikes me as funny people consider a tub a plus. My sister has balance issues so maybe that's why I notice stuff like step ups more than others. It was a nice cabin. I enjoyed it. 

I don't like the tubs either, for same reason.  Would much prefer tiled walk in shower like in CLS upstairs on Harmony, or OS with separate shower (though tiny) and bathtub.  Had bad fall in a tub recently...still leery of them.  Plus I have to be careful not to knock my shin on the high walls of the tub.  

Very happy to see the new improvement to the JS4 on Odyssey.    I like the walk in shower in the split bath plan, though the large bathtub on the opposite side is wasted space for me.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

I don't like the tubs either, for same reason.  Would much prefer tiled walk in shower like in CLS upstairs on Harmony, or OS with separate shower (though tiny) and bathtub.  Had bad fall in a tub recently...still leery of them.  Plus I have to be careful not to knock my shin on the high walls of the tub.  

Very happy to see the new improvement to the JS4 on Odyssey.    I like the walk in shower in the split bath plan, though the large bathtub on the opposite side is wasted space for me.  

Although that toilet in the Harmony OS was pretty low to the ground.  Dan would NOT have liked that.😇

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

I just talked to my girl friend who I took with me on jewel in the JS. I wanted her to love cruising but it was a hard sell when I told her having a bath tub was considered a step up. Her first and only cruise and she never saw the bathrooms on the regular cabins. I just asked her if she and her hubby were thinking about alaska still and they are waiting for covid to simmer down. Hes never cruised. It was still nice as we sat out on the balcony and talked and read. 

Normally I wouldnt spring for the upgrade but we have been friends forever and I wanted her to like it.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 6:58 PM, PrincessPatti said:

My sister and I booked our very first Junior Suite on the Allure!  Very excited.  I know we get some of the suite perks, which I am okay with not getting all of them.  Does anyone know if we get access to the Suite Lounge and Suite Sun Deck?  

Thanks in advance for any answers anyone can provide.

Junior Suites are Balcony+ cabins. not full suites.

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

It is better to know what you do and do not get with your RoyalUp bid.  I consider a JS Royal Up bid primarily a bid for the extra space.  For some the bathtub is another big selling point (not for me, though).

I'd be more tempted to book a JS if there was no tub. I have a walk in shower at home and don't want to climb into a tub to get a shower, I wish they would make them 1/2 and 1/2 tub or slightly larger shower, then I would book a JS every time.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I just talked to my girl friend who I took with me on jewel in the JS. I wanted her to love cruising but it was a hard sell when I told her having a bath tub was considered a step up. Her first and only cruise and she never saw the bathrooms on the regular cabins. I just asked her if she and her hubby were thinking about alaska still and they are waiting for covid to simmer down. Hes never cruised. It was still nice as we sat out on the balcony and talked and read. 

Normally I wouldnt spring for the upgrade but we have been friends forever and I wanted her to like it.

Huh??

😄 😄 😄

16 hours ago, cruise1957 said:

I'd be more tempted to book a JS if there was no tub. I have a walk in shower at home and don't want to climb into a tub to get a shower, I wish they would make them 1/2 and 1/2 tub or slightly larger shower, then I would book a JS every time.

This one on Odyssey has full tub, but 1/2 walk in shower on opposite side.  I will never use the tub.  Adding that split bath plan however, took away the large walk in closet.  

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

Huh??

😄 😄 😄

Do you know for sure if the poster is a man or a woman?   Sometimes called BFF.  

Your post was a little off I think. 

Edited by island lady

17 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I know...you probably will have luxury leather recliner chairs in yours.  😄 

Apparently, the furniture in the suites was selected by someone who has never parked their own bottom on any of the furniture they chose, or was either visually or cognitively impaired. A recliner would be nice, but just having a chair that fit someone other than an NBA 7 foot center would be nice. At least on some of the older ships there was an ottoman that you could put in front of the chair so your feet didn't hang of into space when your butt was all the way into the seat.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Apparently, the furniture in the suites was selected by someone who has never parked their own bottom on any of the furniture they chose, or was either visually or cognitively impaired. A recliner would be nice, but just having a chair that fit someone other than an NBA 7 foot center would be nice. At least on some of the older ships there was an ottoman that you could put in front of the chair so your feet didn't hang of into space when your butt was all the way into the seat.

Exactly the problem I have.  Being short...I need to have my feet able to hit the ground or a foot stool.  Hanging in the air like a toddler doesn't do it for me.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

We are in a Jr. Suite on the Navigator right now.  I agree about being short for the sofa.  However there is a nice chair and ottoman in the room for putting ones feet up on.   

18 minutes ago, imola said:

We are in a Jr. Suite on the Navigator right now.  I agree about being short for the sofa.  However there is a nice chair and ottoman in the room for putting ones feet up on.   

Older ships all have better furniture.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:37 AM, island lady said:

Do you know for sure if the poster is a man or a woman?   Sometimes called BFF.  

Your post was a little off I think. 

Thanks.  I did not consider that the poster was female.

That would make sense.

• Like 1