concierge suites is the upgrade worth an extra $1000 a person

wwinfl91

Hi,

We are looking at a Regent cruise in March 2023 for 24 days and can book a regular verandah suite and get upgraded to concierge suite for about $1000 person more. For those of you who have sailed with Regent and had both types of suites what do you think. Is the additional cost worth it given it includes a night in a hotel in Miami the day before the cruise.

Thanks for the help.

Have a great next cruise.

From a person who loves Concierge 608 and 610 on Explorer/Splendor - NO!

I only use Concierge  when I am going to a "difficult to get-to port" and also want to be there a day before embarkation. I'm then willing to go about $300/ person above the wonderful F2 cabin's price.

• Thanks 1

If you are new to Regent I believe the concierge suite is worth the cost.  The concierge suite gives you a higher priority for excursions & specialty restaurants which is important.  Our first cruise we had the basic veranda and got shut out of a few excursions and not very optimal specialty restaurant reservations (the cruise was only 75% full).  Our second cruise we went with the concierge (100% full cruise) and got all the excursions and acceptable specialty reservations.  Concierge suites also give you a internet benefit I think.  The hotel night is a bonus.

Once you get to Silver (20 nights) the concierge suite isn't as beneficial.

Enjoy the trip.

• Thanks 1

Although you can't always count on a great pre cruise hotel, we've totally lucked out on some spectacular digs for pre cruise. Latest was the Mandarin Oriental, Miami....mmmmm!!! World class. I checked what the "rack" rate was for a one night stay and it was eye watering. Granted there are deals out there, but we were more than happy.....Fairmont Monte Carlo was another,....probably one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at. 

I realize you can probably find less stratospheric rates online, but we've been pretty happy with concierge cabins....good/great location, good availabilty for excursions and dining, and some great hotels.

5 hours ago, wwinfl91 said:

Hi,

We are looking at a Regent cruise in March 2023 for 24 days and can book a regular verandah suite and get upgraded to concierge suite for about $1000 person more. For those of you who have sailed with Regent and had both types of suites what do you think. Is the additional cost worth it given it includes a night in a hotel in Miami the day before the cruise.

Thanks for the help.

What category are you talking about ?

The F2 on the Splendor is great. We have that for our March cruise. Same size cabin just a few different amenities then the concierge cabin.

If you are in a G1,G2 or H ctegory....the cabins are much smaller. I would upgrade for such a long cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wwinfl91 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

What ship are you looking at?  The differences between Veranda and Concierge vary from ship to ship. 

Looking at the website, the only 24 night cruise in May is on Navigator.  When we sail on Navigator, we always book F or above to avoid the window cabins, so if the OP is stating a $1,000/pp upcharge it would probably be bumping from an F to a D - and in my mind it's not worth the upcharge UNLESS you want the extra night hotel included and the coffeemaker in your suite.  We've only taken a Concierge upgrade once or twice in the past as the E and F cabins are the same physically.

As others have said, a difficult port or long flight might make a Concierge cabin more appealing, but all else being equal I'd stay in the F cabin.

if the cruise is port intensive and the shore excursions are important to you i would pay the extra to be able to book my shore excursions at the earliest time,  to have the hotel the night before and to have the transfers especially if the embarkation port is unfamilar or a long way from the arrival city. 

After the 24 day cruise you will be silver and will no longer need to be in concierge to get early access to the shore excursions. We always fly in at least the day before so when we book non-concierge we book our own hotel and transfers as generally the cost to upgrade to concierge is more than what it costs us to book our own way.

On our 2023 South America cruise we booked concierge even though we are gold because we embark in Buenos Aires and feel safer not booking our own hotel and dealing with transfers.  

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

but all else being equal I'd stay in the F cabin.

Out of preference I would not book an F on Navigator as all the F suites are at the rear of the ship and can suffer vibration.

With the 2 category suite upgrade offer, I would opt for an E grade (at G price); choosing a suite on deck 6 or 7

or go for a Concierge D (at F price), if the concierge amenities are of use.

This all assuming the ship is Navigator.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

Out of preference I would not book an F on Navigator as all the F suites are at the rear of the ship and can suffer vibration.

With the 2 category suite upgrade offer, I would opt for an E grade (at G price); choosing a suite on deck 6 or 7

or go for a Concierge D (at F price), if the concierge amenities are of use.

This all assuming the ship is Navigator.

And of course this all hinges on one's tolerance for the vibes.  If Navigator isn't doing max speed runs the vibrations aren't bad at all (IMO) but if you're making a high speed run to your next port, well, it's Magic Fingers and rattly glasses and creaky ceilings.  🙂

I'm one of those oddballs who doesn't mind the aft cabins on Navigator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

And of course this all hinges on one's tolerance for the vibes.  If Navigator isn't doing max speed runs the vibrations aren't bad at all (IMO) but if you're making a high speed run to your next port, well, it's Magic Fingers and rattly glasses and creaky ceilings.  🙂

I'm one of those oddballs who doesn't mind the aft cabins on Navigator.

So am I - love that ship!

• Like 1