PIckleball on Carnival?

DanBoy

On 7/26/2022 at 8:20 PM, Roscoe13 said:

So, found this on the page that shall not be mentioned. A direct quote from John Heald: We have now added the game of Pickleball or is it Pickle Ball? Anyway this fun game of short tennis is available on Carnival Panorama only for now but if popular we will add to other ships as well.

I know y’all love that!! 

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The town we live outside of just put in a Pickleball court at the city park. I’ve yet to see anyone use it. 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️

OMG, when you come to visit us I'll show you the park we play at and the wait for a turn to play can be up to a half hour.  Swaps?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

OMG, when you come to visit us I'll show you the park we play at and the wait for a turn to play can be up to a half hour.  Swaps?

Ditto.  I play every night I can, wherever it is offered. I would love to see it on all Carnival ships! We have just booked cruise numbers 25 and 26 and I am looking at where they have pickleball to book the next. I sometimes get bored on sea days, but I will spend every moment possible  playing pickleball.  Yes,  I  have a dinking problem! 0-0-2 is my lucky number!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Come pay here anytime! Mi court es tu court… pickle ball players speak Spanish like futbol, si?! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom67 said:

Ditto.  I play every night I can, wherever it is offered. I would love to see it on all Carnival ships! We have just booked cruise numbers 25 and 26 and I am looking at where they have pickleball to book the next. I sometimes get bored on sea days, but I will spend every moment possible  playing pickleball.  Yes,  I  have a dinking problem! 0-0-2 is my lucky number!

Dinking?! Did you miss type drinking? 😆

• Haha 2

An ER doctor in our local Ft Myers hospital says he sees at least 1 pickleball injury per shift every day he works.

It's very popular here in SW FL, and most communities have their own pickleball and tennis courts.  You get a good number of 60 + yrs players who try to play like they are in their 20's and something will pop, get twisted, snap, bruise or crackle.

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

An ER doctor in our local Ft Myers hospital says he sees at least 1 pickleball injury per shift every day he works.

It's very popular here in SW FL, and most communities have their own pickleball and tennis courts.  You get a good number of 60 + yrs players who try to play like they are in their 20's and something will pop, get twisted, snap, bruise or crackle.

My husband is having rotator cuff surgery next week after he tore it playing Pickleball. Now, to be fair, he was already having problems and this just finished it off. He actually switched hands and kept playing🤦‍♀️.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Dinking?! Did you miss type drinking? 😆

Definitely didn't mistype. Those who play know that DINKING is playing slow balls in the kitchen. But...I could also have a drinking problem if I don't dink for a while! LOL!

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Expect an increase in passenger injuries if pickleball becomes common on cruise ships.  The staff at one of our local hospital ERs claim they see at least one pickleball related injury per shift.

Things like twisted knees to ACL tears, separated shoulders and scrapes and bruises from falls, eye and teeth injuries, etc.

Players in their 60s & 70s try to approach the game as if they were still 20 or 30 years old.  Throw in some alcohol, and injuries are just about guaranteed.

32 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Expect an increase in passenger injuries if pickleball becomes common on cruise ships.  The staff at one of our local hospital ERs claim they see at least one pickleball related injury per shift.

Things like twisted knees to ACL tears, separated shoulders and scrapes and bruises from falls, eye and teeth injuries, etc.

Players in their 60s & 70s try to approach the game as if they were still 20 or 30 years old.  Throw in some alcohol, and injuries are just about guaranteed.

Two friends in their early 60's- 1 tore his Achilles tendon and one broke her hip, both playing pickleball 🤕. I'm not sure if I want to learn, lol.