Question about Prima

C cruise

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

but it’s a long read.

It's a long thread, but much of it can be skipped as there is a lot of cabin booking discussion around the time they opened up booking for the first sailings.

5 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Very long thread....

No clue about a buffet or dining rooms yet. Hopefully we will know soon.

I am hoping, too. I do have time since we are booked for the summer of 2023, and they really have to have it all together well before then.😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I am hoping, too. I do have time since we are booked for the summer of 2023, and they really have to have it all together well before then.😊

It will be a problem for those of us sailing in just over 6 months if they don’t have it sorted well before next Summer. 🙂

• Like 1

I've also been following the build thread for RCI's newest ship, Wonder of the Seas.  There are venues on that ship that were not announced until the last couple weeks and the ship is being handed over to RCI today.

The point - there's time yet...

• Like 1

It's funny, I was originally was under the impression that the "Indulge Food Hall" was replacing the buffet concept, but I can't find anything saying that for sure. I just thought it'd be similar to "The Galley" concept on Virgin Voyages, where there's no buffets per say, but a bunch of food stalls in a big food hall area that serves that purpose. There are quite a few places on the deck plans though that are still yet to be announced so maybe they'll have one after all. I thought when they announced the Viva, NCL's president said they're been announcing more about dining options in March. 

1 hour ago, ray985 said:

It's funny, I was originally was under the impression that the "Indulge Food Hall" was replacing the buffet concept, but I can't find anything saying that for sure. I just thought it'd be similar to "The Galley" concept on Virgin Voyages, where there's no buffets per say, but a bunch of food stalls in a big food hall area that serves that purpose. There are quite a few places on the deck plans though that are still yet to be announced so maybe they'll have one after all. I thought when they announced the Viva, NCL's president said they're been announcing more about dining options in March. 

Next news March?  I've been waiting for those blank spots to fill in on the plans too!  

I am interested to see how the 'Food Hall' is used.  Wasn't there something said that it would be complimentary for breakfast & maybe lunch?  

9 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Next news March?  I've been waiting for those blank spots to fill in on the plans too!  

I am interested to see how the 'Food Hall' is used.  Wasn't there something said that it would be complimentary for breakfast & maybe lunch?  

Deck 8 is a long way down for people up on the sun/pool decks, so it seems like there would be some sort of quick service area higher up.  Maybe with Indulge there will be less MDR space, assuming that there will be MDR(s).

3 hours ago, ray985 said:

I saw a video explaining the Food Hall on Viva.  It will house Q BBQ, a noodle bar, and another specialty dining place (I forget the name). It also will have Cocos for dessert and Starbucks.  None of it is free or included in the cruise price. 

3 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Think Carnival's Lido specialty concepts, but branded as a cohesive "food hall". There will likely be pizza, deli, Mexican, Asian, burgers/hot dogs, maybe BBQ? They'll improve the signage and switch from self-serve by design to crew-serve by design. If I had to put money on it, NCL will likely make a few of the concepts up-charge concepts to continue to build onboard spend. 

21 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I saw a video explaining the Food Hall on Viva.  It will house Q BBQ, a noodle bar, and another specialty dining place (I forget the name). It also will have Cocos for dessert and Starbucks.  None of it is free or included in the cruise price. 

There are supposed to be 11 different food "stalls" in Indulge, but they weren't clear on how many were included and how many were extra. Will be very interesting to see, especially if there won't be a traditional buffet. 

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Good for you. I don't expect our August excursions to show up anytime soon as we are booked for August 2023.

You never know. In normal times it is common for excursions to be listed that far out. They could appear for you any time between now and next July.

• Like 1

We're booked on the Prima for January 2023. I can't imagine NCL launching a ship without any food options included in the price when Virgin is including nearly all food. It would not be an elevated luxury experience in my opinion.  I'm looking forward to more details in March. 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:05 PM, david_sobe said:

Totally shocked at the dining venues on Prima. None of them that are on all  the other NCL ships. It will really be a different experience.

38 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Totally shocked at the dining venues on Prima. None of them that are on all  the other NCL ships. It will really be a different experience.

We are still waiting for more venues to be announced.  There are a lot of places on the deck plans that are still blank.