Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm a big fan of bokeh pics. That's the main reason I bought a 50mm lens for natural background blur  at its wider aperture settings. I really like the B&W version though they should have given you the color version too. Easy to turn a photo into B&W as you know.

Easier to turn B&W to color for me. 😉

My 50mm is tiny. His was at least 3" diameter 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Not sure how many legs he is on.   He had a "time out" for Covid reasons and has just now been able to get back on a ship. 

He seems to have a really close relationship with Captain Per.  He did a really cute speech when accepting award on stage.  They played off each other, and we all agreed on the new improved changes post Covid he pointed out.  The best being the "e" muster.  Sooo nice now!  

Mario was on Odyssey with us on the January 2 sailing also. He gave pretty much the same speech. As I recall, he was with Captain Per on Odyssey's inaugural sailing. I was surprised to see him again today since he wasn't on last week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Top Tier event for Pinnies and D+ at 10:15 this morning.  Followed by the "robot" show, though I love the ships following us show the best.  And of course the theme from "Castaway" made it even more heart tugging!  🙂 

81 Pinnacles

333 D+

Two new Pinnies, couple of milestone achievements, with ....of course...Super Mario being top cruiser.  He is over 9000 points now!!  😮 

Seems with all these double points going on...we are in the middle of a Pinnacle baby boom!  

We went to the Top Tier event today and thought it was a very nice event. Yes, we are Pinnacles-in-Training!  Time frame changed because of some cancellations but hopefully, if all goes well, we will reach Pinnacle next month on Wonder. 

• Like 7

Great read so far just got through the first couple of pages - we will be in a JS on Odyssey for the 8 nighter next month - can't wait!
Regarding stuff like ifly & Northstar, do you know if those have to be reserved after boarding? I didn't see them on the cruise planner. Only thing under "Onboard Activities" in the planner was the Casitas...

Edited by fletch1027

26 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

Great read so far just got through the first couple of pages - we will be in a JS on Odyssey for the 8 nighter next month - can't wait!
Regarding stuff like ifly & Northstar, do you know if those have to be reserved after boarding? I didn't see them on the cruise planner. Only thing under "Onboard Activities" in the planner was the Casitas...

They will populate on app once you board

That's pretty much it. 

How about a parting shot of us yesterday mornning. Photo by @twangster

Screenshot_20220207-212140_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f7e48d9ca70835ea3a6ccffbb61859cf.jpg

I'd sail her again in a heartbeat. But still a little concerned on what she's like with a full passenger load. 

Might book our free JS cruise on her if the date works after she's 1 year old

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's pretty much it. 

How about a parting shot of us yesterday mornning. Photo by @twangster

Screenshot_20220207-212140_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f7e48d9ca70835ea3a6ccffbb61859cf.jpg

I'd sail her again in a heartbeat. But still a little concerned on what she's like with a full passenger load. 

Might book our free JS cruise on her if the date works after she's 1 year old

Having sailed on the ovation twice and the anthem once, they were not really a problem full.  I liked all 3 of our sailings for about 40 days.   Of course, that was pre-covid, when we weren’t spoiled by low passenger counts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

Having sailed on the ovation twice and the anthem once, they were not really a problem full.  I liked all 3 of our sailings for about 40 days.   Of course, that was pre-covid, when we weren’t spoiled by low passenger counts

Music Hall was packed most nights, and the Esplanade was a bit crowded. 

Yeah on the TP, the music hall was the diamond lounge and it was always packed, and somehow we had a great trip.  On our Anthem sailing, we actually could hang out in the actual diamond lounge with over flow into the MH….  We survived that too.  If it wasn’t for that cruise I would still completely suck on the FlowRider.  

I hope all of you going on Odyssey in the future bring your earplugs or lots of kleenex to put in your ears because the volume is VERY LOUD!...to the point where it ruins the shows. 

Odyssey is a one and done for this diamond plus cruiser. The entertainment was average at best...not what we have expected or received from prior RC cruises. The Book is so strange that you can't understand what it is about...very talented people bu the drums were so loud you they drowned out the beautiful violinist. The Two70 venue was too small for such a production. If you don't sit in the first row you can't see what many of the dancers are doing. My DH and I both couldn't wait for this cruise to end.

5 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

I hope all of you going on Odyssey in the future bring your earplugs or lots of kleenex to put in your ears because the volume is VERY LOUD!...to the point where it ruins the shows. 

Odyssey is a one and done for this diamond plus cruiser. The entertainment was average at best...not what we have expected or received from prior RC cruises. The Book is so strange that you can't understand what it is about...very talented people bu the drums were so loud you they drowned out the beautiful violinist. The Two70 venue was too small for such a production. If you don't sit in the first row you can't see what many of the dancers are doing. My DH and I both couldn't wait for this cruise to end.

Interesting. I appreciate your opinion. So that I can put things into perspective, can you tell me which RCI ships, and what other shows, you prefer?

I have been a bit leery of trying a Q class ship so I am interested in different opinions from those who have tried them.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Interesting. I appreciate your opinion. So that I can put things into perspective, can you tell me which RCI ships, and what other shows, you prefer?

I have been a bit leery of trying a Q class ship so I am interested in different opinions from those who have tried them.

Sure, we enjoy the Oasis, Freedom and Voyager classes. This is the first time on a Quantum class....never again. We have enjoyed all the shows on the mentioned cruises.

2 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Sure, we enjoy the Oasis, Freedom and Voyager classes. This is the first time on a Quantum class....never again. We have enjoyed all the shows on the mentioned cruises.

I, too, like the V/F/O class ships. For some reason the Q class is not grabbing my interest.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, like the V/F/O class ships. For some reason the Q class is not grabbing my interest.

We were looking so forward to trying a new class and a brand new ship. The Odyssey is beautiful but the noise was so intolerable that it ruined our cruise. The venues were just too small to justify the volume. Plus anyone with a microphone in their hand spoke loudly into the amplified microphone....you just couldn"t get away from the it! We stayed in the solarium when we were in the pool area because the music was so loud on the pool deck. The solarium pools are small and only 2 ft. deep...go figure!!! They looked pretty but......way too small.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah on the TP, the music hall was the diamond lounge and it was always packed, and somehow we had a great trip.  On our Anthem sailing, we actually could hang out in the actual diamond lounge with over flow into the MH….  We survived that too.  If it wasn’t for that cruise I would still completely suck on the FlowRider.  

I was more referring to the shows and events going on downstairs. Packed with only 2600 guests. Granted very few kids, but I guess your TP was that way

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was leary as well, but totally sold on it. 

I'll compare her to Harmony next week, but I'm pretty sure Odyssey may win. If we could only get her into PC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

We were looking so forward to trying a new class and a brand new ship. The Odyssey is beautiful but the noise was so intolerable that it ruined our cruise. The venues were just too small to justify the volume. Plus anyone with a microphone in their hand spoke loudly into the amplified microphone....you just couldn"t get away from the it! We stayed in the solarium when we were in the pool area because the music was so loud on the pool deck. The solarium pools are small and only 2 ft. deep...go figure!!! They looked pretty but......way too small.

Interesting take on the Solarium. I found her pool a big improvement over Oasis and Allure.

Trade off with Symphony 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ive never sailed a Q class ship prior to Odyssey and the last 6 years have been exclusively Oasis class.  Granted I was only on her for a 2 day sailing but I can't wait for our Alaska cruise on Ovation and will be looking to book Odyssey for either Christmas 2023 or March 2024.

• Like 4

Absolutely found Frankie and the Dreamers (Jersey Boys) with Ryan Molloy on our last two Anthem cruises much better than any entertainment we have seen on a cruise ship. Just our opinion. 

We do love the aqua and ice shows on ships that have them.

We wish we had more variety of ships and Caribbean destinations from Cape Liberty (New Jersey). Quantum class however is beautiful, just different.