Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

John you have me very interested in trying the Crescendo. I think  I will wait to try it on board as opposed to making it at home with all the liquors involved.

Same here. It is on the list for my next cruise.

• Like 2

Great thread!

We are due on Odysseys first European cruise in May so it's of particular interest to me.

We are actually quantum class fans and prefer it over Oasis class (although we enjoy both) , so I am curious as to your final thoughts on Odyssey as I see you have sailed predominantly on Oasis class.

Safe travels home and thanks for all the effort you have put in !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeanneful said:

'Will you please post a video of how you get all your things in those suitcases? You all are always dressed so well, suites, evening ware and all!!

I'm very efficient 😉

I even packed the champagne and one bottle of Beringer 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Great review and commentary but loved the pictures too.

Question:

When you were not in the SL, do you think the bartenders actually deducted the number of drinks you consumed from you PINN drinks loaded on your sea pass?

Did each sea pass show your 6, or 12 for you and the spouse?

Just curious if you were in a theatre and ordered two drinks one for each of you how they deducted them.

Thanks for sharing your travels.

They were generous for sure. Never found out if they would combine the total though. 

All I know is I never got charged on final bill

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Pat and John...thanks taking us along on your cruise. Pat and Bucky, looking forward to this weeks 2nd leg of the cruise. 🍷

Difference C&A wine amenity:  3 bottles on a 7 night...1 bottle on a 6 night.  ☹️   Too bad they could not average the 8 with the 6 as 7 each. 😞 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@John&LaLa  As always, you have provided us with an entertaining and informational live review.  You have so pumped up for my 2/26/22 departure!  Hope your travels home were without issue and that Miss Bella was happy to see you!  🙂

Here she is on the drive home. Vet tomorrow for her annual check up. Groomer on Friday

20220206_151708.thumb.jpg.98313da0ce94c2a47b6782ee4ec7066e.jpg

• Like 23

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

John and Lala,  safe travels home.  Enjoyed your reviews and suggested activities, meals, and drinks.

Looking forward to watching your world cruise.😃

Pat and Bucky,  please continue!!!👍

I can't post pictures...John was the expert there.  😉  I would probably bore everyone.  😴

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great review and thread @John&LaLa Always have fun reading your adventures. John you have me very interested in trying the Crescendo. I think  I will wait to try it on board as opposed to making it at home with all the liquors involved.

Happy that you got together with Pat and Bucky. I look forward to meeting them also. Again thank you for everything you do here for us. You are truly a great ambassador.

@island lady I hope you have a great second leg and will continue to post about your adventure.

Cheers, the dog, Greg

I have everything except the Pama. 

Will grab a bottle tomorrow 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Difference C&A wine amenity:  3 bottles on a 7 night...1 bottle on a 6 night.  ☹️   Too bad they could not average the 8 with the 6 as 7 each. 😞 

We'll get 6 bottles next week since we have two cabins again 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We'll get 6 bottles next week since we have two cabins again 

Shame on me for not checking out the 6 night rule.  Would have brought more wine on.  😞   Oh well, still never used all of our vouchers.  Probably will now.  😉 😄 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I should have shown you how. Very easy 👌 

Thanks...I forgot to ask.  My dinosaur way to post pictures is to send them to myself as an email, download, then put in pictures file.  I post from there, but need AT&T signal to send to myself.  

Oh well...someday I will walk into the light of the tech world.  😄 

No biggee...frees up more time for other things I guess.  Happy you made it back safely, and love the picture of happy Belle!!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

$$$  Another visit to Next Cruise this afternoon after lunch.  

And yes...I was still on the ship!  😄 😄 

Speaking of wine and booking a future cruise(s) while onboard. Would be nice if  RC would do like Celebrity does. If you book future Celebrity cruise(s) while onboard on embarkation day you get a bottle of wine for every cruise you book. They send the wine to your stateroom with all your future cruise documents. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have everything except the Pama. 

Will grab a bottle tomorrow 😉

I have been buying lately some of the specialty liqueur's that you need in making specialty cocktails. I have the Midori and peach schnapps but not sour apple. I need to get that Pama.

I did get some Blue Curacao and triple sec to make Blue Curacao martini's. They are pretty good. Still can't find white cranberry anywhere to make the blue cosmo. I'll keep searching.

• Like 2

Had breakfast in CK for the ladt time. Finished with my poached eggs and farro.  So good

20220206_155815.thumb.jpg.c2ec74157c355035d793ade3c2b36995.jpg

I may try for a CK breakfast or two next week on Harmony. 😉

Left CK at 8am and was at the car 15 minutes later. Here is Odyssey all fogged in.

20220206_155804.thumb.jpg.fb042ef2c0d7d53094a31930ed8445e2.jpg

Did I mention how close to the ship I parked😉

Drive to Cocoa Beach was uneventful, same as the trip home to Ocala. But I'm beat. Will try and post compasses later tonight 

• Like 10