Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

Great review, John (and islandlady).... We were on the Symphony out of Miami on the same day. Tried flying into MIA vs driving (kinda glad after hearing of the 3 hour traffic tour!) But that was almost as tiring dealing with the crowds... Thanks for all of the great info on your cruise. We will be on the Odyssey for the TA. Looking forward to it! Say hello to Laura for me!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My bartender in the Champagne Lounge was really good at bringing out a subtle orange taste in the regular Cosmos that he made for me after trying to determine what sort of flavors I liked. It was a really nice drink. He truly was passionate about his craft. I've rarely encountered someone like him on a ship. Maybe he just had more time with the reduced capacity.

So, I make a really good classic cosmo for the DW here at home,  It has lemon vodka, Cointreau, cranberry, fresh lime juice orange bitters and a small splash of Rose’s lime.  It is way better than what they serve on the ship.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Speaking of wine and booking a future cruise(s) while onboard. Would be nice if  RC would do like Celebrity does. If you book future Celebrity cruise(s) while onboard on embarkation day you get a bottle of wine for every cruise you book. They send the wine to your stateroom with all your future cruise documents. 

They used to do that on Oasis as well...totally forgot about that until you mentioned it.  Though the "bubbly" was not something I could drink...it made a nice gift for anyone that wanted it. 😉 

The so called "book on first day" promo from Next Cruise on this ship is to be entered into a contest for OBC.  Ho-hum...but better than nothing. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, joand452 said:

Is Giovanni’s Wine Bar where Vintages is on other Quantum-class ships?  I’m guessing that Giovanni’s Kitchen is next door, where Jamie’s Italian is on Anthem. On the way to Two70°?  

Yes, the wine bar is right next to the restaurant.  It's all a very open venue, as is many of the restaurants on the ship.  Izumi is very exposed.  

Giovanni's wine bar is a favorite happy hour for wine spot for us.  We go there when the Music Hall gets too loud.  Very good bartender who remembers what you like is there.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just back from another viewing of "The Book".  Fantastic show again.  Be sure to book right away, and do get there very..very early. 

A few days ago I spent some time after my afternoon walk touring the 270 lounge area, trying to find a couple of comfortable seats with a decent view.   Many seats are hard like a barely cushioned bleacher seat, no arms, no backs.  Many comfortable ones have obstructed viewing.  Found the ones I liked the best, just across from the bar.  

The show is designed by a genius....the seating is designed by a demon.  😈

Sunken stage, lots of obstructions, weird seating set up.   

Get there an hour early, have a drink from the bar...and settle in to get a good seat.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

They used to do that on Oasis as well...totally forgot about that until you mentioned it.  Though the "bubbly" was not something I could drink...it made a nice gift for anyone that wanted it. 😉 

The so called "book on first day" promo from Next Cruise on this ship is to be entered into a contest for OBC.  Ho-hum...but better than nothing. 

Capt. Sticky won the OBC once. I think it was like $600! Nothing to sneeze at. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just back from another viewing of "The Book".  Fantastic show again.  Be sure to book right away, and do get there very..very early. 

A few days ago I spent some time after my afternoon walk touring the 270 lounge area, trying to find a couple of comfortable seats with a decent view.   Many seats are hard like a barely cushioned bleacher seat, no arms, no backs.  Many comfortable ones have obstructed viewing.  Found the ones I liked the best, just across from the bar.  

Get there an hour early, have a drink from the bar...and settle in to get a good seat.  

Yes, good seats are hard to find there, poorly designed seating areas.

8 hours ago, island lady said:

The show had better be good to deal with all of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, msuspartabigten said:

Thanks for posting these! 

Quick question though, day 2 was a port day, but it still shows $$ next to north star. I assume it always says that? Is there anything onboard or on the app that shows when the free time is?

Might be an oversight. Pretty sure port day is free. Aruba was

• Like 1

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Based on your description we'd be a no show. 

• Like 2