Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You and Lara look great. I love that look with the white jacket. Very classy as long as someone doesn't say "waiter....another wine please."

I've played maitre d' a few times. Once to go back stage at a banquet. Met Jeff Foxworthy.

The other time was on NCL and I walked around dining room asking folks how the food was🤣🤣

• Haha 16

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura has abandoned me at Boleros,  so I'll catch up with y'all 

Massage with Catalina was pure awesomeness,  really one of the best ever. We chatted about ports we've been to. She's been everywhere it seems. I told her I did stones because I liked hot oil and she drenched me.🤣🤣

Some of the massage rooms have great ocean views. 😁

20220204_165027.thumb.jpg.6d4fe28019cc7e05ee8cbe188e4fd5f9.jpg

She assured me it's one way glass😉

20220204_165042.thumb.jpg.af360bea551742017f0d82130b82d2ea.jpg

With additional tip it was $217 for 75 minutes

Now if they could only  cantilever those rooms out over the side of the ship and put in the glass floor like they have around the back of the sky pad that would be an awesome view.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Now if they could only  cantilever those rooms out over the side of the ship and put in the glass floor like they have around the back of the sky pad that would be an awesome view.

I prefer the spa up high vs down on 5 for Oasis, but your idea seems pretty cool

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That sounds cool but only for one level.  The view might not be that awesome if the balcony below you is extended too.  😂 Like the view you sometimes get in an interior balcony when the person across from you forgets to close the curtains.  😮 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That sounds cool but only for one level.  The view might not be that awesome if the balcony below you is extended too.  😂 Like the view you sometimes get in an interior balcony when the person across from you forgets to close the curtains.  😮 

Pretty sure he was just referring to the spa

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Currently headed west off the northern coast of Cuba

Screenshot_20220205-091709_Maps.thumb.jpg.8e930c3540760f221108975ffffc9459.jpg

Enjoying some balcony time

20220205_091225.thumb.jpg.0fe440e37aee32b24e2f2fcda35fcf7e.jpg

Gorgeous morning, but rain in the forecast

20220205_091116.thumb.jpg.8491679076a4adffcee98010b5cb4323.jpg

Laura has finally embraced the new Kindle.

20220205_091530.thumb.jpg.116d518c77d21f28af7bd04fc03e25bb.jpg

Love those balcony chairs.😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Had to go down to deck 2 for our B2B Covid testing at 7:30 am.   Line already formed at 7:15, but they started letting us in at 7:20.  Officer at the entrance told me there were 122 B2B guests, and the usual conflicting information coming from another officer that it was 174.  

No "QR code" registering on this ship...simply show up, and register with ladies upon entrance.  Made much more sense.  Then quick swab and off we went to breakfast. 

John indeed looked extremely dapper last night in that white sport coat.  Last night was "lazy night" for Bucky and I (not a fan of warm water tail lobster night)...so we finally decided to try the WJ for dinner for the first time.  Won't try it again...was a fail for us.  

And thanks John for calling me just now!  Indeed happy to share a table in CK with you tonight!  Thanks for the invite.....Mmmm...steak night!  But you did scare the crap out of me...was worried it was guest services calling..."excuse me Ms. Patricia..but you tested positive 😲"  But no worries...no news is good news.  😄  We are good to go round again next week.

Tried to book at Next cruise after breakfast...no way...packed and full appointments.  Will try again tomorrow afternoon.  Silly woman behind me stuck her nose in my conversation with the Next Cruise lady when I asked if they were open tomorrow afternoon.  She barks at me:   "No...you can't do that, we are all off the ship by tomorrow afternoon".    Oh boy..  🙄

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BonnieJB said:

No one mentioned jumping in the Sky Pad.  Did any of you do it?  My husband is interested in giving it a try.

I did it last November.  It took them a couple tries to get the ropes adjusted right but its still quite a workout.  Definitely do this before eating or drinking and not after.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I did it last November.  It took them a couple tries to get the ropes adjusted right but its still quite a workout.  Definitely do this before eating or drinking and not after.

Saw them using virtual head set...no idea what they were "watching" while they bounced.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its a game.  There are about 6 to choose from ranging from easy(so they say) to difficult.  You aim your head at things floating mid air to get points

Just jumping on the trampolines without  breaking an ankle would be challenging enough for us!

Edited by BonnieJB
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BonnieJB said:

Just jumping on the trampolines without  breaking an ankle would be challenging enough for us!

It's a bungie jump thing.  Didn't see a lot of them hitting the tramps/pads very hard, mostly boing boing up and down.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 6:57 AM, John&LaLa said:

Laura just had Ken swap out my Serenade inside cabin for an aft balcony on the World Cruise.

I moved to her Family OV😁

John-

I’m assuming you are speaking about the RCL world cruise?  If so, are you planning to go on all 4 legs or just 1 or more and which one/s?  Thanks for taking us along on this cruise!

• Thanks 1