COVID patients in hotels-Port Canaveral

Meem47

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm going to ASSUME Royal has a handle on this and is doing everything perfectly. No worries at all, they can do no wrong. I'm sure they have their top team on this.

You're assuming it's Royal.  It could one of several cruise lines quarantining their crew for a few days prior to boarding just like they've been doing all along.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BND said:

From all reports of those that have been tested positive  are free to travel in the US, but are expected to use precautions.   I think people need to take a step back and realize this post is probably completely incorrect in its assumption.

You are forgetting about international guests.  For the most part those are the ones being tested on board, unless you present yourself to medical with symptoms.  These guests do need to quarantine and Royal is no longer providing them hotels.  They are to find their own and then Royal will reimburse them.  They are then free to leave but still probably cannot travel back to their home country for another 5-10 days based on their home countries guidelines so yes there are quarantined people in hotels and yes the OP was likely correct in their assumption.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The asymptomatic people might be in the supermarket in your home town, no need to travel to find them.  

That’s exactly what I was going to say!  Taking bigger chances at the grocery store!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BND said:

You're assuming it's Royal.  It could one of several cruise lines quarantining their crew for a few days prior to boarding just like they've been doing all along.

Very true!  They don’t even have to be cruise related rooms.  There is a huge military and aerospace presence here with dozens of contractors flying workers in and out all the time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are forgetting about international guests.  For the most part those are the ones being tested on board, unless you present yourself to medical with symptoms.  These guests do need to quarantine and Royal is no longer providing them hotels.  They are to find their own and then Royal will reimburse them.  They are then free to leave but still probably cannot travel back to their home country for another 5-10 days based on their home countries guidelines so yes there are quarantined people in hotels and yes the OP was likely correct in their assumption.

So is there a limit per night Royal is allowing for a hotel stay. ? I mean if no limit on the cost you can either stay at a $500 a night hotel or a $100 per night hotel. 

Not sure what the reasoning behind Royal no longer getting the hotel for their quarantine  passengers

39 minutes ago, BND said:

My first thought is crew being quarantined before boarding ships, not sick/positive tested people.  BTW, it's what they've been doing with crew all along.  Who exactly would be quarantining patients in hotels?  People are self-quarantining when necessary.  From all reports of those that have been tested positive  are free to travel in the US, but are expected to use precautions.   I think people need to take a step back and realize this post is probably completely incorrect in its assumption.

Having a block of rooms set up that way would require some kind of prior reservation, which makes sense for the cruise lines crews.

Well, that is exactly what is happening in San Juan. A passenger wrote on CC of his experience after testing positive aboard ship.

What is with all the grocery store references? We do wear a mask in the grocery store. And as we shop for groceries, we typically keep moving. We never stop in any one spot for more than 2-3 minutes. And that’s how we have always behaved in the store. There’s very little chance of becoming infected with Covid.  What are you doing?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So is there a limit per night Royal is allowing for a hotel stay. ? I mean if no limit on the cost you can either stay at a $500 a night hotel or a $100 per night hotel. 

Not sure what the reasoning behind Royal no longer getting the hotel for their quarantine  passengers

Yes there is a limit and there is a limit on how much you can charge for meals.  The reason is quite simple, they don't have the staff to make all of these arrangements with the high numbers testing positive (high as compared to November and earlier).  Same reason they stopped flying guests home on private jets.  More people sailing = higher positives.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, I'm not forgetting about international guests.  Reading what OP posted, they make it sound like it's not just individuals quarantining, but regardless I understand that some international travelers are quarantining before returning home.    That doesn't mean that I'm incorrect either about it being crews.

The assumption is that it's Royal also.

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, that is exactly what is happening in San Juan. A passenger wrote on CC of his experience after testing positive aboard ship.

This post is about FL, not PR.  Florida doesn't have the same rules/restrictions that PR does.  It could still be crew being quarantined.  And, people keep assuming this has something to do with Royal.  The OP is just guessing also.

Has anyone posted about being quarantined in PC after a cruise?

Edited by BND

1 minute ago, BND said:

This post is about FL, not PR.  Florida doesn't have the same rules/restrictions that PR does.  It could still be crew being quarantined.  And, people keep assuming this has something to do with Royal.  The OP is just guessing also.

Has anyone posted about being quarantined in PC after a cruise?

Why would PC be any different than San Juan, FLL or Miami.  Your post seemed to be quite clear that it wasn't passengers

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A couple on HAL (Bill & Mary Ann/screen name "WCB") have posted that they were in quarantine at the Marriott in FLL after she tested positive (husband was negative) in the middle of their 12-18-21 to 4-26-22 Nieuw Statendam/Nieuw Amsterdam cruises. She was switched to a quarantine room for 2 days until they got back to FLL and then transferred to the Marriot for 10 days - they are trying to make it back onboard to finish the rest of their string of sailings.

(Her very interesting Covid story starts at post #234)

Oh and she does mention other "cruise folks" being quarantined there also, including this:

"Turns out they were Canadians who were put off of the Enchanted Princess on January 19th.  The wife tested positive, while her husband was negative….same as us.  They have been tested at least twice by the visiting hotel nurse, as well as independently testing locally somewhere close to here.  They need to be negative to be able to fly home (international) in two days."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not to mention Jessy's post about her husbands experience testing positive on board and having to quarantine at a hotel

I believe she mentioned that Royal would reimburse up to $350 a night for the hotel and $100 per person for meals each day.  I think Canadians are now required to quarantine for 10 days before they can enter the country. 

If they wanted to use the hotel arranged by Royal, then Royal would pay the hotel directly.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I believe she mentioned that Royal would reimburse up to $350 a night for the hotel and $100 per person for meals each day.  I think Canadians are now required to quarantine for 10 days before they can enter the country. 

If they wanted to use the hotel arranged by Royal, then Royal would pay the hotel directly.  

I couldn't remember if it was $350 or $300.  The $100pp for food I do remember.  I'm not sure Royal is arranging hotels.

It's either 10 or 11 days set federally yet if you fly or drive to Ontario they only have a 5 day quarantine policy yet you still have to follow the federal guidelines

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Why is everyone scared of someone locked up in another room????

The world has lost their ever-loving minds....

5,662,856 people have died so far from the coronavirus COVID-19

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Why is everyone scared of someone locked up in another room????

The world has lost their ever-loving minds....

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

5,662,856 people have died so far from the coronavirus COVID-19

Well, if a wall isn't going to protect you then what the heck is a mask going to do for you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, if a wall isn't going to protect you then what the heck is a mask going to do for you?

that's only if they stay in their room, no one is up there watching their every move you know.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

local's probably not much, internationals is a different story.

I suspect those internationals are not likely to leave their hotel rooms and risk having to deal with the authorities of a foreign country. I still think those walls between rooms offer up enough protection to not have to concern oneself with who is in there. I'd be more concerned about the grocery store.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect those internationals are not likely to leave their hotel rooms and risk having to deal with the authorities of a foreign country.

I don't think anyone knows for sure what is going on now in those hotels since the cruislines threw there hands up and don't know what to do.

Pretty sure the CDC wouldn't be happy now that they  aren't monitoring it any more  in designated hotels etc..........now just go any hotel you want to go to.

Edited by Jimbo