Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

6 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

How do you do that?  I’d like mine to do that!

How to update individual Android apps automatically

1. Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & device.
  4. Tap Manage, then find the app you want to update automatically.
  5. To open the app's "Details" page, tap the app.
  6. On the app's "Details" page, tap More More.
  7. Turn on Enable auto update.

When updates are available, the app updates automatically. To turn off automatic updates, turn off Enable auto update.

Your device should then update, when it is charging, not being used, and connected to wifi. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

When updates are available, the app updates automatically. To turn off automatic updates, turn off Enable auto update.

Your device should then update, when it is charging, not being used, and connected to wifi. 

Oopsss…I have an iPhone. Darn.  

I am just off the Eurodam last Saturday and my Navigator app worked fine but  is now not letting me log in at all.  I have 5 cruises booked.  I logged out but now when I try to log in it says "Failed to fetch".  I am using Galaxy S9 and Android 10.   Is anyone else having an issue with Android and Navigator?

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

I am just off the Eurodam last Saturday and my Navigator app worked fine but  is now not letting me log in at all.  I have 5 cruises booked.  I logged out but now when I try to log in it says "Failed to fetch".  I am using Galaxy S9 and Android 10.   Is anyone else having an issue with Android and Navigator?

Disembarked Nieuw Amsterdam Saturday.  No issues with Galaxy S22 Ultra.

7 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

My phone model is similar to yours  - Note9 running Android  10. Navigator App had been working just fine until 2 days before I departed for my current cruise. I uninstalled it & tried to reinstall new version only learn it's not compatible with my phone.

So I reinstalled the previous version; it has been working fine onboard during this cruise.

20231014_215436.jpg

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

My phone model is similar to yours  - Note9 running Android  10. Navigator App had been working just fine until 2 days before I departed for my current cruise. I uninstalled it & tried to reinstall new version only learn it's not compatible with my phone.

So I reinstalled the previous version; it has been working fine onboard during this cruise.

20231014_215436.jpg

How/where do you find the previous version?

42 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

How/where do you find the previous version?

I did a Google search for "versions Navigator App" and selected the one w/the 2nd newest release date since I knew it worked. If I find it again, I will post it here. It is v 4.30.0

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

https://apkfab.com/ru/holland-america-line-navigator/com.hollandamerica.navigator.moapp

Scroll down to see a list of previous versions. Select the one most recently dated when you know the app was working for you.

20231103_035139.jpg

I am a dummy when it comes to phones and files.  If I download the file to my phone how do I install it on my phone since I am not getting it from the play store?  Thanks so much for your assistance.

17 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

I am a dummy when it comes to phones and files.  If I download the file to my phone how do I install it on my phone since I am not getting it from the play store?  Thanks so much for your assistance.

After you download the file, just click install. Works much the same way, only you're getting the file from someplace outside the play store.

12 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

After you download the file, just click install. Works much the same way, only you're getting the file from someplace outside the play store.

Thanks - that did it.  You are a life saver.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Version 4.33.0 is now available for iPhone and Android.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

What’s New

Dec 6, 2023

Version 4.33

We've freshened things up with some design updates. You'll notice an updated look and feel. We've also made bug fixes below deck to make your experience even better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:16 AM, VMax1700 said:

OKwhat id the pass word does not work .how do you  fix that ?  TIA

12 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Version 4.33.0 is now available for iPhone and Android.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

What’s New

Dec 6, 2023

Version 4.33

We've freshened things up with some design updates. You'll notice an updated look and feel. We've also made bug fixes below deck to make your experience even better.

I don't see anything obvious that changed on the page and selections..

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ShipWalker said:

Version 4.33.2 is now available for iPhone and Android.

successful auto update on S21FE Android 14 

• 1 month later...

Version 4.34.0 is now available for iPhone and Android.

"What’s New

January 24, 2024

Version 4.34

In this release we've made the following updates.

-Venue name on "Additional Tip"

-Removed additional charges/credits when tip is added

-Included excursion name on onboard statement

-Added info to disclosure of final statement

-Updated "Check-in time" to "Boarding begins at"

-Added required Check-in time to Boarding Pass

We regularly update the Navigator App so make sure you have the latest version. We are committed to providing a great cruise experience and we would love to know what you think."

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Version 4.34.0 is now available for iPhone and Android.

"What’s New

January 24, 2024

Version 4.34

In this release we've made the following updates.

-Updated "Check-in time" to "Boarding begins at"

-Added required Check-in time to Boarding Pass

I have noted the new title on my Boarding Pass for Feb 3, "BOARDING BEGINS AT 12:00 PM / GROUP B".  Required check-in time is not present.  This implies that to board at 12:00 PM, I will have to check-in much earlier.

That is much better than my original Group B 12:20 PM check-in time.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

I just updated navigator. It knew down to the minute how soon my cruise begins, but when I tapped boarding pass, I got one for Eurodam last January! So I signed out and signed in and got the boarding pass for my upcoming cruise. it says "Boarding begins at 12:00 PM/GROUP C. But if I look on the website, my boarding pass says check in is at 1:40 for Group C. 

The Navigator says I have Open Seating. That better not turn out to be true. I booked this cruise ASAP when it was posted and I always request early dining, large table.  Does the computer default to open dining because I bought CO? Zaandam doesn't have a CO dining room. 

Here is a list of the changes made during the Navigator update.

image.thumb.jpeg.949e49e37531a6a12869bc3464556c01.jpeg

I am on the January 30th Koningsdam cruise and yesterday everyone received an email with updated boarding times (ours is 12:40, Group H), but the way it is worded on the app makes it sound like everyone has a NOON boarding time. I can just imagine the nightmare this is going to cause in San Diego (which already has a reputation for being unorganized)!

The original wording said “Your check-in 12:00 pm/ Group H”

The updated app says “Boarding begins at 12 pm/ Group H” AT 12:00 PM / GROUP H

38 minutes ago, AryMay said:

Here is a list of the changes made during the Navigator update.

image.thumb.jpeg.949e49e37531a6a12869bc3464556c01.jpeg

I am on the January 30th Koningsdam cruise and yesterday everyone received an email with updated boarding times (ours is 12:40, Group H), but the way it is worded on the app makes it sound like everyone has a NOON boarding time. I can just imagine the nightmare this is going to cause in San Diego (which already has a reputation for being unorganized)!

The original wording said “Your check-in 12:00 pm/ Group H”

The updated app says “Boarding begins at 12 pm/ Group H” AT 12:00 PM / GROUP H

I see the change you highlighted. I don't see "required Check-in time" unless that's the statement about how we have to be checked in 90m minutes before the 4:00 departure time. Didn't it used to be an hour prior?

• Like 1