Vibration on Silhouette?

chucknmarilyn

36 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Has anyone noticed quite a lot of vibration on Silhouette? It isn't terrible but wondering if another location is better next cruise. We're near aft elevators on 9. 

Always notice it in the Tuscan Grill particularly near the windows. 

Our first time in a SS was on the Equinox.   The vibration in the cabin was terrible.  It was near the aft.  The drink glass on the table on the balcony would vibrate off of it.  I complained and many came to see my issue.  The vibration gave me a headache while sitting there, and it wasn’t because of the drinks.   It was nauseating.  There were no other cabins available so they compensate us but thinking about it the amount  wasn’t enough.  

As a engineer I tried and suggested possible causes.  I don’t really think they were interested.   Many on the following cruises also complained.

The problem was finally resolved as being something in the Pod.  X knew what it was but didn’t want to acknowledge it.   They didn’t want to give reasons to passengers to complain unless they were bothered by it.  We were as it affected the enjoyment of sitting on our balcony during cruising. 

When in port or bed we didn’t feel anything as the bed absorbed it and the ship was at a stand still in port 

The aft cabins will always have some vibration and fishtailing when underway but not constant  Richter 7 earthquake. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EmQ-CA said:

We did notice the vibration on our last November Thanksgiving cruise.  We were on 9 mid ship and felt the vibration only on the first day/night.  It seemed to help us sleep better. 😄

Cruised a B2B in November 2021 on the Silhouette, one week in a veranda in 7194, and another in a SV  9305.  We had not cruised for several years, but didn't remember the vibration we experienced on this cruise.  On the second leg of the cruise I observed a different output from the azipod on the starboard side,  Only saw that for a few days.  I wondered if the vibration was because we didn't have many passengers.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:55 PM, chucknmarilyn said:

Has anyone noticed quite a lot of vibration on Silhouette? It isn't terrible but wondering if another location is better next cruise. We're near aft elevators on 9. 

We typically stay by the elevators on Deck 11  towards the  aft of the ship.   I have noticed a vibration when underway.  I got used to it and was not noticeable when in bed.  But it was there.

We´ve had a Sky Suite on the hump on Reflection a few years back. This particular Sky Suite - not the one right or left - had a significant vibration problem. The reason was unknown. The floor and walls vibrated. Even the whole bed would vibrate. A glass of water on the bed had waves in it. I joked and said it was like one of those old massage beds having a coin stuck in them.

We had visitors once and they had to leave after a few minutes because they started to feel sick from the vibrations. We mentioned it to the suite manage who checked it out and apologized. Since all suites were sold out they could not move us. We did not make a big fuss about it - although it really wasn´t pleasant.

On the last day the suite manager called and asked if he could come to our suite. He apologized for "taking so long" and emphasized that he really appreciated that we reacted in such a calm way. He said it took him so long because he had contacted the head office to have them approve his idea of his thank you for our calm reaction and as a compensation. While saying this he handed us two envelopes with FCCs - we both looked at the certificates with wide eyes. Let´s just say they were extremely generous!

That being said... a few vibrations from the propellers are totally normal. Also when the bow thrusters kick in. The new ships with azipods have significantly reduced vibrations already. Nothing like the old ships with propeller shafts 😉 

Edited by Miaminice