Hal Policy for cans of soda?

golfbagger

Not permitted.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in any form including, but not limited to, paper, plastic, glass, or aluminum bottles, cans, and/or cartons. However, an allowance of six (6) liters of water [twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 mL in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less)] are allowed per stateroom. Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed on board. 

The first sentence says water in cans is prohibited, but then the second one says 12 cans are allowed. That's confusing... what's the actual rule?

Also if canned waters ARE allowed, does this include sparkling waters like LaCroix/Bubly? 

Edited by daybreaker

Not confusing really!  

Removing some of the wording gives the main thrust.....

Guests are prohibited from bring water ...on board......However an allowance of 6 litres of water packaged in cans or cartons of 500ml or 1l are allowed per stateroom.  Anything more is not permitted.

So no plastic!

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Not permitted.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in any form including, but not limited to, paper, plastic, glass, or aluminum bottles, cans, and/or cartons. However, an allowance of six (6) liters of water [twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 mL in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less)] are allowed per stateroom. Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed on board. 

Ok, Thanks.  Guess I will have to cancel my order for 1L of Bombay delivered to my cabin?  Just picked up diet tonic for me mate.🙃    It was nice when one bottle of wine could be taken on for use in cabin.

40 minutes ago, golfbagger said:

Ok, Thanks.  Guess I will have to cancel my order for 1L of Bombay delivered to my cabin?  Just picked up diet tonic for me mate.🙃    It was nice when one bottle of wine could be taken on for use in cabin.

51 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Not confusing really!  

Removing some of the wording gives the main thrust.....

Guests are prohibited from bring water ...on board......However an allowance of 6 litres of water packaged in cans or cartons of 500ml or 1l are allowed per stateroom.  Anything more is not permitted.

So no plastic!

Does this mean I can bring six cans of Diet Pepsi with me?

You really have to wonder about these policies.  On our last HAL cruise, this same policy existed, but when I walked off the ship in port, I asked if I could bring on some cans of soda and the answer was YES.  I returned to the ship with cans of soda and there was no problem.  I heard this same thing from other HAL guests who brought on soda during the embarkation.  I'm not going to try this at embarkation, but when I am on my upcoming cruise and when we arrive in port, I am going to ask if I can bring back some soda.  This policy is so inconsistent. 

• 6 months later...

In US,   Plain water is ONLY bottled in plastic!    Does anyone know of a brand of plain water available in 12 oz  cans????   What HAL person wrote policy?   As a result, is plain Filtered water going to be conveniently available to a cabin in 8000 forward area!???????

16 minutes ago, Queenmom1947 said:

In US,   Plain water is ONLY bottled in plastic!    Does anyone know of a brand of plain water available in 12 oz  cans????   What HAL person wrote policy?   As a result, is plain Filtered water going to be conveniently available to a cabin in 8000 forward area!???????

HAL sells it onboard = 12 oz water in cans.

9 minutes ago, jeff74 said:

I assume that distilled water for my father in law's CPAP machine would be exempt from counting towards this limit...

You can pre purchase it online.  It is listed under 'Manage Booking' > Cruise Activities > Beverages > Water. $2.95 per gallon.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jeff74 said:

I assume that distilled water for my father in law's CPAP machine would be exempt from counting towards this limit...

DH has always used the tap water for his CPAP.  The tap water is processed by reverse osmosis or distillation. No need to take water on board for  CPAP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1