11flight home?

teacherme

2 hours ago, teacherme said:

We are going on an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. We are traveling on Princess. The day of we leave the cruise do you think we could make an 11:00 flight?  It the last flight that day. 

Are you American and traveling domestically?  NP.  Otherwise, might still be Covid testing to slow you down.  Is this for Summer 2022?

I've been through that zoo they call SeaTek, and while you probably can make i, I wouldn't try. Too much stress to end a cruise. I'd stay at a hotel for the night, and get to the airport the next day. What about a different airline?

It’s usually suggested that 11:30am is the earliest safe flight although there are a couple of ways to help expedite the process. 

Using Port Valet you can check your bags on the ship the night before your departure and they will meet you at your destination airport, if your airline participates. There are many positive reviews of the program.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Another is Spot Save. We used it once and were through TSA in 5 minutes.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

I was a nervous wreck trying to make an early flight this past summer in Seattle.  It's a long way to the airport.  The front desk couldn't believe that EZAir had scheduled us so early and told us not to take the Princess shuttle, but to walk off and take a taxi.  So we did and made it easily, though the taxi driver over- charged us; so ask ahead of time or be sure to take a flat rate rather than metered taxi (I don't think he turned the meter on as I didn't see it going and just gave us a ridiculous amount).

3 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I was a nervous wreck trying to make an early flight this past summer in Seattle.  It's a long way to the airport.  The front desk couldn't believe that EZAir had scheduled us so early and told us not to take the Princess shuttle, but to walk off and take a taxi.  So we did and made it easily, though the taxi driver over- charged us; so ask ahead of time or be sure to take a flat rate rather than metered taxi (I don't think he turned the meter on as I didn't see it going and just gave us a ridiculous amount).

How much did he charge you go to the airport?

Slim chance unless you're first off the ship, fly through customs with no issues, and in a cab (transport) immediately.  On a good day it's a 30 minute drive from the port to the airport.  Checking bags and then getting through security could take anywhere between 60-90 minutes.  When I did it, it took a solid hour.  Granted it was in 2016 though.

Is it possible?  Yes.  Is it likely?  Iffy.  

Edited by K.T.B.

7 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Using Port Valet you can check your bags on the ship the night before your departure and they will meet you at your destination airport, if your airline participates. There are many positive reviews of the program.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Probably not available for the flight time the OP has.

• Like 1

My husband and I are doing an Alaskan cruisetour flying in to Vancouver the day before. When we booked our flight through EZair we would arrive around 3pm. We were planning on sightseeing in the evening but our flight has been changed to a 9pm arrival. No time for sightseeing trying to decide to even go with the testing and the changes in the Denali tour because of road work. This will be our second cruisetour to Alaska and wand the best experience 

16 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

How much did he charge you go to the airport?

We had no traffic issues and were charged $124.80 while someone else on our cruise with 4 (it was only the 2 of us) people was charged $48 to go to the airport!!

Edited by Mary Ann 2

15 hours ago, Discus16 said:

When we booked our flight through EZair we would arrive around 3pm. We were planning on sightseeing in the evening but our flight has been changed to a 9pm arrival.

Since the airline made the change, check if they have alternative flights that would arrive earlier. If there is an earlier alternative, the airline should be willing to make the change at no cost to you.

Even though you booked this with EZAir, call the airline, not Princess.