Cancellation question

Cruisingrampy

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Without knowing exactly what they said, it’s hard to know how to clarify anything for you.

When did you cancel it? Have you seen a credit show up on your credit card?

Nothin on my cc cancelled about 3 days ago. They said it could take about 45 days. But i thought itd be issued back as cruise credit so i could book another

27 minutes ago, Cruisingrampy said:

I cancelled an upcoming cruise in april. I was under the impression after final paymemt its issued as a fcc. But i talked to.celebrity and they made it sound like it would be refunded to my credit card? Can anyone clarify

Did you ask them to issue as a FCC?  Did they send you a confirmation of the cancellation and di you review while still on the phone?  Hard to clarify this w/o more information and w/o having been on the call.

If you cancelled under the CWC plan, you should be refunded the taxes and port fees back to your card. The actual cost of the cruise only should be as FCC. I cancelled under the CWC rules on Jan. 3. On jan. 20 I received part of my port fees and taxes on my Visa.  About Jan. 30 I received my non-refundable deposit back as FCC. Much more FCC to come. If I don't hear more from X by 45 days past my cancel date, I will contact my TA and ask him to follow up. 

2 minutes ago, 39august said:

If you cancelled under the CWC plan, you should be refunded the taxes and port fees back to your card. The actual cost of the cruise only should be as FCC. I cancelled under the CWC rules on Jan. 3. On jan. 20 I received part of my port fees and taxes on my Visa.  About Jan. 30 I received my non-refundable deposit back as FCC. Much more FCC to come. If I don't hear more from X by 45 days past my cancel date, I will contact my TA and ask him to follow up. 

So i paid the full amount and cancelled under the impression id get the full amount back as fcc. Today i got fcc for 265 dollars. Far less than the amount i paid 

We cancelled our cruise to the Caribbean under CWC and received our port fees and taxes as well as our Celebrity air back to our credit card.  It took about three weeks for that to happen. The balance is FCC.  So now we get to plan another cruise now that the masks have come off.

Edited by earlydiner

1 hour ago, Cruisingrampy said:

So i paid the full amount and cancelled under the impression id get the full amount back as fcc. Today i got fcc for 265 dollars. Far less than the amount i paid 

Your FCCs and refunds will come back in bits.  Can take easily 45 days.  Without knowing the full details hard to answer correctly.  But,on a CWC which I cancelled I received 2 FCCs and 5 small refunds.  Took 60.days for everything. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, earlydiner said:

We cancelled our cruise to the Caribbean under CWC and received our port fees and taxes as well as our Celebrity air back to our credit card.  It took about three weeks for that to happen. The balance is FCC.  So now we get to plan another cruise now that the masks have come off.

Did you get all of your Celebrity Air refunded?  I was told we would get a total refund, but others here on CC state that there is a $200 change fee. 

37 minutes ago, gracebest said:

Did you get all of your Celebrity Air refunded?  I was told we would get a total refund, but others here on CC state that there is a $200 change fee. 

The obvious benefits of booking air through Celebrity is not having any payment due with the booking, the full payment not being due until the cruise final payment, and flexibility of changes and cancellations prior to final payment.  However, with this arrangement, most airlines are charging a $100 per person cancelation fee for any cancelation made after final payment.  Under CWC, the remaining fare paid is refunded as would be the cruise fare, but minus the airline penalty fee.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

6 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The obvious benefits of booking air through Celebrity is not having any payment due with the booking, the full payment not being due until the cruise final payment, and flexibility of changes and cancellations prior to final payment.  However, with this arrangement, most airlines are charging a $100 per person cancelation fee for any cancelation made after final payment.  Under CWC, the remaining fare paid is refunded as would be the cruise fare, but minus the airline penalty fee.

Actually most airlines are offering full air credit (voucher). without any fees. I fly AA and UA, but I do not know if every airline is the same.  I suspect most airlines do not have a change fee at this time.

13 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Actually most airlines are offering full air credit (voucher). without any fees. I fly AA and UA, but I do not know if every airline is the same.  I suspect most airlines do not have a change fee at this time.

I understand that and agree as it would apply to reservations made directly with the airlines.  In those cases full payment is due with the booking, and there may be change fees with flight changes. 

However my understanding is that the penalty is being imposed in these cases as part of the arrangement with RCCL / Celebrity permitting the flexibility of the bookings as described.  And I also believe, minus the penalty, it is a refund, not a voucher.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 minutes ago, earlydiner said:

I was expecting to get $200 penalties but it all came back on my CC.

Hope you the best too.  

We were told by Air Celebrity that ours would be fully refundable under CWC.  Hopefully, we won't have to find out.  

From Celebrity's website:

Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

If you booked air through Flights by Celebrity with a refundable air option, Celebrity will handle changing your arrangements, and we’ll cover any change fees. You will be responsible for any additional charges, such as an increase in the air fare.   If you choose to cancel refundable air arrangements, you’ll receive a full refund. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. The refund will typically appear on your credit card statement in the next billing cycle.

UK and Ireland guests who booked a non-refundable ticket through Celebrity will not receive a refund. If you booked flights independently with an airline or travel partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to inquire about a refund or contact your travel insurance provider.

If you booked air independently or purchased nonrefundable air through Flights by Celebrity, you should reach out to your air carrier for assistance with canceling or changing your flight. We will not cover any change fees for nonrefundable air or air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow you the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date. If the airline does not accommodate the use of the ticket value within 12 months of ticket issue date, you should contact Flights by Celebrity via email at choiceairsupervisors@rccl.com.  

In your email, be sure to include the following:

Booking Number

Sail Date

Guest Names

Reason for the email/what was advised by the airline

Emails will be answered in the order received. Responses may take 7 to 10 business days.

On 2/12/2022 at 10:20 AM, Cruisingrampy said:

I cancelled an upcoming cruise in april. I was under the impression after final paymemt its issued as a fcc. But i talked to.celebrity and they made it sound like it would be refunded to my credit card? Can anyone clarify

It depends on your situation. They wanted to give us a fcc. We said no and they still did. We disputed it with the CC company. Simply because they are constantly changing their rules for the cruise. At any rate we got refunded including our deposit. 

6 hours ago, Cruisingrampy said:

Update got my FCCs and credit card refund within 1 week

Did you get the FCC for the deposit?  We are on the fence with regard to this cruise also.  it was very unfair of them to change the FP to 60 days out  2 days AFTER the final payment which was Jan 23 on the 90 days out.  i had already told them to cancel when they wouldn't give me the 60 days.  Then I reinstated but lost my nice cabin and went with a guarantee where they select the cabin.  New FP date is Feb 22 and we don't know what to do.  Still worried about getting off in Honolulu with a positive test.  We will have to bite the bullet next Tuesday.

Glad everything got sorted for you cruisingrampy.