When does EZAir pay the airlines?

We_like_to_cruise

There have been a lot of post on FB about folks not have flights ticketed at 45 days, if under 45 days, I would encourage you to call and get them ticketed.  If outside of 45 days, I would request early ticketing if you're comfortable with flights and price.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Made reservations on United with EZAIR 290 days ago, no flight changes and United says ezair never paid for the reservation when do 44 days out. Its 20 days before our cruise Princess say they will get to it eventually. I'll never use EZAIR again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yardbob said:

Made reservations on United with EZAIR 290 days ago, no flight changes and United says ezair never paid for the reservation when do 44 days out. Its 20 days before our cruise Princess say they will get to it eventually. I'll never use EZAIR again.

My daughter used EZAir to book United for our cruise June 29. How do you know if it has been "ticketed" so I can have her check?

TIA

19 hours ago, Yardbob said:

Why?  You can see your reservation and book seats on United?  
you are concerned that Princess will default on their payments to United and your United reservation will be cancelled?  Never heard of this happening.  

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Why?  You can see your reservation and book seats on United?  
you are concerned that Princess will default on their payments to United and your United reservation will be cancelled?  Never heard of this happening.  

I would be concerned.  I have seen a few cases where the airline has cancelled due to non payment by EZAIR.  
I’m sure the airlines do have a time limit set for payment and ticketing.  What it is, I do not know.  It may vary between airlines. 
Regardless, I would request ticketing

immediately from EZ Air.  I would check my travel summary afterwards or UAL website to make sure I see the ticket numbers after the ticket has been issued.  I always travel with a copy of the

eticket from the airline, as proof. 

If you have a TA, get them involved.  If not, I’d be on the phone with EZ Air.

Recently, a lot of problems due to cancelled flights, so they are working by date of travel.  But,

so close to travel date, I’d want those tickets issued.

They did charge your credit card, right?

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 2:03 PM, Bgwest said:

AA allows seat selection at the time of EZAir booking. Maybe others do as well but living near DFW, we’re kinda married to AA. 

Same with Alaska, Virgin, United, Delta, & AA for me. Those are the only ones I've flown since August 2021 so there may be others that don't require ticketing to select seats. 

On 6/4/2022 at 5:50 PM, adstz said:

My daughter used EZAir to book United for our cruise June 29. How do you know if it has been "ticketed" so I can have her check?

TIA

You should see it on your Travel summary in the cruise personalizer, on the PCL website. Should show your flight information and ticket numbers.

Also, go to the United App and look up your booking.  The airline booking no should be shown on your EZ Air booking.

Or in United find your trip with your name, flight etc.  You should be able to look at the eticket receipt and see those ticket numbers.

• Like 1

Friend of mine on hold FOR SIX HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES.  EZair for the end of the month to Europe. Reservation completely disappeared - gone.  So she just held and held.  Finally got someone and got ticketed.  WHEW.  Say this "if someone else has to call and be put on hold with Princess Air, tell them not to hang up when the music stops.  The first princess lady mentioned that she was transferring me to the AIR department that there might be some silence when I was transferred.  I didn't notice anything right away but about 40 minutes before the second lady answered (about 4 hours after being transferred), the music stopped and I could still hear some noise if I turned the volume up real loud.  I remembered what the first lady mentioned so I stayed on the line. Glad I didn't hang up."

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Friend of mine on hold FOR SIX HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES.  EZair for the end of the month to Europe. Reservation completely disappeared - gone.  So she just held and held.  Finally got someone and got ticketed.  WHEW.  Say this "if someone else has to call and be put on hold with Princess Air, tell them not to hang up when the music stops.  The first princess lady mentioned that she was transferring me to the AIR department that there might be some silence when I was transferred.  I didn't notice anything right away but about 40 minutes before the second lady answered (about 4 hours after being transferred), the music stopped and I could still hear some noise if I turned the volume up real loud.  I remembered what the first lady mentioned so I stayed on the line. Glad I didn't hang up."

How stressful!  I'm glad it worked out.

On 2/20/2022 at 6:36 AM, mina said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that ezair must have negotiated something new with British airways.  We reserved our ba flight to and from London for sept.  Final air fare has not yet been paid.  Was not able to book seats on the Princess site, HOWEVER, went to ba site and entered the confirmation number showing on manage my flights, and surprisingly was able to select any seat at no cost!  Saved us about $400 in seat cost!  

Economy class or business class or first class?

On 5/12/2022 at 1:54 PM, Steelers36 said:

Same with Air Canada.

Hello. We are sailing on the Regal in August from Barcelona. We booked through Princess EZAir for our Air Canada economy class flights to Barcelona. Still not sure on how to know if they are ticketed and paid for? We see our flights and our requested seats on our Princess Reservation. The flights and seats selection is also there on the Air Canada website and App. Does this mean that the flights are considered ticketed and paid for?

Thank you

1 hour ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello. We are sailing on the Regal in August from Barcelona. We booked through Princess EZAir for our Air Canada economy class flights to Barcelona. Still not sure on how to know if they are ticketed and paid for? We see our flights and our requested seats on our Princess Reservation. The flights and seats selection is also there on the Air Canada website and App. Does this mean that the flights are considered ticketed and paid for?

Thank you

No, not necessarily.

Go to the PCL website, manage my cruise, cruise personalizer,

look at your travel summary…

you’ll see at the top of the page..

luggage tags and travel summary

Click on print travel summary…

EZ Air booking:

You should see next to your name

ticket number…..

Once it’s ticketed.

The website for most airlines have a receipt button, where you can email

it to yourself, only if it’s ticketed.

You can also call the airline, ask if it’s been ticketed.  If you have a TA, they would know.

After final payment….EZ Air usually tickets about 45 to 30 days before

sailing.  You probably are too early to be ticketed, but check it out, so you’ll be prepared.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, not necessarily.

Go to the PCL website, manage my cruise, cruise personalizer,

look at your travel summary…

you’ll see at the top of the page..

luggage tags and travel summary

Click on print travel summary…

EZ Air booking:

You should see next to your name

ticket number…..

Once it’s ticketed.

The website for most airlines have a receipt button, where you can email

it to yourself, only if it’s ticketed.

You can also call the airline, ask if it’s been ticketed.  If you have a TA, they would know.

After final payment….EZ Air usually tickets about 45 to 30 days before

sailing.  You probably are too early to be ticketed, but check it out, so you’ll be prepared.

I'll wait until we are 45 days out and check again. 

Thank you for the info 🙂 

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I would be concerned.  I have seen a few cases where the airline has cancelled due to non payment by EZAIR.  
I’m sure the airlines do have a time limit set for payment and ticketing.  What it is, I do not know.  It may vary between airlines. 
Regardless, I would request ticketing

immediately from EZ Air.  I would check my travel summary afterwards or UAL website to make sure I see the ticket numbers after the ticket has been issued.  I always travel with a copy of the

eticket from the airline, as proof. 

If you have a TA, get them involved.  If not, I’d be on the phone with EZ Air.

Recently, a lot of problems due to cancelled flights, so they are working by date of travel.  But,

so close to travel date, I’d want those tickets issued.

They did charge your credit card, right?

I am not the passenger having the issue, but since they are less than 20 days from their cruise, They would have already paid.

I am surprised to learn that you know of several cases where an airline was forced to cancel an otherwise valid flight, because EZair had neglected to pay for the flight.  I am shocked. I assume that this did not actually happen to you?  Were the passengers able to get their flights reinstated?

I am going to keep my EZ Air reservation and assume that there is more to that story.  Otherwise I would never book EZ Air.

Knowing  this has happened due to EZ Air issues, do you still use EZ Air.?

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I am not the passenger having the issue, but since they are less than 20 days from their cruise, They would have already paid.

I am surprised to learn that you know of several cases where an airline was forced to cancel an otherwise valid flight, because EZair had neglected to pay for the flight.  I am shocked. I assume that this did not actually happen to you?  Were the passengers able to get their flights reinstated?

I am going to keep my EZ Air reservation and assume that there is more to that story.  Otherwise I would never book EZ Air.

Only what I have read on the forums from guests who have had problems.  

i use EZAir when the price is better than I can book myself with the airline, or I use miles quite often.   I do have bookings on EZ Air for 2023.  

The posters came on the forum to ask for help.  Many times they ask for advise and you never hear from them again.  The ticketing is set up programmatically and should be automatic.  There may have been a schedule change and somehow it did not get rebooked.  Who knows?  Would be really nice if the poster would let us know on the forum.

That’s why I would always check the booking on the airline website and 

make sure it’s ticketed.  

So, did they check for ticket numbers on the travel summary?  Or, on the airline website?

Please let us know.

Just got off the phone with EZAIR for the third time in the last 3 weeks. They always say 5-7 days it will be ticketed. I'm 14 day for my European  cruise and a little concerned. 

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

i use EZAir when the price is better than I can book myself with the airline, or I use miles quite often.   I do have bookings on EZ Air for 2023.  

The posters came on the forum to ask for help.  Many times they ask for advise and you never hear from them again.  The ticketing is set up programmatically and should be automatic.  There may have been a schedule change and somehow it did not get rebooked.  Who knows?  Would be really nice if the poster would let us know on the forum.

make sure it’s ticketed.  

So, did they check for ticket numbers on the travel summary?  Or, on the airline website?

Please let us know.

28 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Here’s one of the forums regarding EZAir. You’ll note one had not been ticketed and  the big issue was due to a schedule change.

There are always going to be schedule changes.  So, make sure you have the airline App on your phone and you can check schedule changes all the way up to the travel date.

Bottom line:  I will continue to use EZAIR and watch my flights for schedule changes and ticketing.  You should do this even if you book yourself or through a TA.

Sorry if I’ve complicated this.  Just trying to help.

1 minute ago, Yardbob said:

Just got off the phone with EZAIR for the third time in the last 3 weeks. They always say 5-7 days it will be ticketed. I'm 14 day for my European  cruise and a little concerned. 

They must be overwhelmed with all the schedule changes, cancelled flights, etc.

I know they are working by date of travel.

Did you check with the airline to make sure your flights and times were the same?  Your seats are assigned, if allowed?

If you call the airline again, ask them if their is a deadline for ticketing?

Would be interesting to know.  Let us know.

34 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

make sure it’s ticketed.  

Please let us know.

So true.  The OP did say that the flight shows on the Airline site and that the Airline told them that EZ Air has not yet paid for the flight.

Like you, I always track by Cruise air reservation on the actual airline site.  

I suspect that most cruiser that have problems associated with EZ Air are issues caused by the airlines cancelling or significantly changing a flight.  The OP said that there has been not change to their actual flight.  I can certainly understand anxiety over a flight leaving in about 14 days.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

So true.  The OP did say that the flight shows on the Airline site and that the Airline told them that EZ Air has not yet paid for the flight.

Like you, I always track by Cruise air reservation on the actual airline site.  

I suspect that most cruiser that have problems associated with EZ Air are issues caused by the airlines cancelling or significantly changing a flight.  The OP said that there has been not change to their actual flight.  I can certainly understand anxiety over a flight leaving in about 10 days.

Absolutely!

• Like 1