Almost live from Regal Princess February 12,2022

dickinson

Booked last minute on Monday. Got a good deal and scored a mid ship extended balcony. Flew into Florida on Friday. Met friends for dinner. Stayed at embassy Suites. Room was mostly nice. Took an Uber from airport for less than $14. Was going take an Uber to port but hotel shuttle was leaving and more convenient. More expensive but $8/person. 

had some trouble getting on because they confiscated our power strip.  It was not a surge protector but they said it still was not allowed. We argued a bit because googling said it was ok. We lost

Exchanged our Elite mini bar for water. They brought 18 bottles to add to the two already there. I think we’re set!

Also asked cabin steward Darrell if we could get a pen and pad of paper. Used to supply them automatically but I guess not now. No elite upgrade toiletries. I asked for a nail file but they don’t have any. 

Total passenger count is 1887. More than last cruise. Next one will be lower. 

Most people wear masks except when sitting in Crooners. Seams people think there is no catching Covid because of where they are seated. They can sit and chat for hours while taking a sip every Now and then. No one sips and cover and no one enforces anything. Sad

had lunch in main dining room. Delicious. Dinner in Crown Grill. Delicious

if anyone has questions I will try to answer. 

• Like 5

Following. We board Regal on March 3.

On Enchanted last month, anyone stationary was allowed to be without mask. I’ve no issue with this policy, personally. We are triple jabbed, sitting off by ourselves and talking in soft tones, which means the water drops coming from mouths aren’t  really going anywhere.

I noticed close to 100% participation in sanitary measures before dining venues.

Edited by Kmkub
  • Like 4

After Crooners we went to Princess Live. Most had masks but a small number wore them below their nose. The next trivia had a smaller amount of people but about 3-4 wore absolutely no mask and the person running the trivia said absolutely nothing. I would have expected an announcement as to opposed to a one on one admonition. 

the guy in Crooners (we are back again) sings songs we like. I think his name is Kevin. 

Tomorrow is Princess Cays. 

• Like 1

We bring the multi USB charger unit and have never had any issues, since that is all that we need electricity for.

For those needing extra outlets, what is the solution? Will hotel services provide one?

6 hours ago, dickinson said:

had some trouble getting on because they confiscated our power strip.  It was not a surge protector but they said it still was not allowed. We argued a bit because googling said it was ok. We lost

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They also took my cheap non-surge protector cord away from me.  I, too, argued and lost.  I have documentation this time.  Not sure that will matter.  Enjoy your cruise.

Did they throw them out or give them to Princess to get back at the end of the cruise? (I assume they were in your carryons, not in your checked luggage.)

If Princess has them, you should be able to ask to get them back now since they really are allowed.

@caribill

First time I was ever sent to the "naughty room".  I did not have "proof" that it was an ordinary power cord.  Now I do.  It was returned as I exited the ship on the last day.  It would have been a convenience but was not a necessity.  Non-surge protected power cords have always been allowed.

Koppla Outlet.pdf

Edited by cr8tiv1

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

First time I was ever sent to the "naughty room".  I did not have "proof" that it was an ordinary extension cord.  Now I do.  It was returned as I exited the ship on the last day.  It would have been a convenience but was not a necessity.  Non-surge protected outlets have always been allowed.

Obviously the cord police did not know that all surge protector cords are marked as having surge protection. The fact that a cord is not so marked is proof that it is not surge protected.

Just now, caribill said:

Obviously the cord police did not know that all surge protector cords are marked as having surge protection. The fact that a cord is not so marked is proof that it is not surge protected.

I knew that....but that didn't help my case.  I was polite and let security "win".  It was not critical.  

When I embarked Regal on January 27, I had a power strip in my carry-on back pack.  Prior to the cruise I wrote in large lettering "No Surge Protector" on the power strip.  I wasn't even questioned about it.

If you have any officers at a Meet & Greet, it might be worthwhile to bring the issue up to any officers attending.  Otherwise, I would make an issue of it at the CSD.

• Like 2

We told them it was not a surge protector.  No luck.  They had a Princess employee from the ship standing next to them who said nothing other than no. He barely talked.  We talked at Passenger Services Desk.  They said no.  Our room steward says he has seen some.  We did not check a bag.  We each used a roll aboard.  On the plane we checked. a third one but knew we could roll it on board the ship as it was small enough to go through the scanner.  .  Luckily I didn't really it need it as my electric toothbrush works in the bathroom in the outlet for the shaver.  

Oh, it is being held for when we get off the ship.  I am pretty sure they said we pick it up at the end in the terminal.

Edited by dickinson

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

We are on next week. Do.you recall if Crown Grill still had the buy one get one dinner on embarkation night ? I believe that's dating myself as it's been over 2 yrs since we have sailed Princess. . Wishing you a great cruise.

Not that I am aware of. I know in the past I have seen coupon books that had it but that is from your TA.  We did not have one but our TA had gifted us the specialty dining.  It was delicious!!!!!!  We had the filet minion.  the dessert menu has changed since I had seen it in 2019.  We shared two different desserts.  Yummm!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jinpasco said:

Do.you recall if Crown Grill still had the buy one get one dinner on embarkation night ?

Im on board as well. There is no more 2 for 1 specialty dining on embarkation day.

The new coupon is for a free bottle of wine with specialty dining on embarkation day, and it was $8 swill.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dickinson said:

Sorry  that this happened to you.

I carry my luggage on as I hate waiting until 3pm for them to show up outside my cabin. Nobody said a thing about my power strip. It has 2 outlets, 3 usb outlets and is not surge protected.

My cruise on the Regal ended yesterday. I thought the two outlets at the desk were sufficient for me. I kept my laptop plugged into one and used the other for my cell phone. I recharged my Kindle with the USB connection to the laptop. I recharged my toothbrush with the shaver outlet in the bathroom.

When I asked my cabin steward about the upgraded bathroom amenities, he said the only ones they had available were the shower cap and sisal mitt--the two I don't need. There was a lot of discussion back and forth on my live thread last week about the issue.

Last week was the first time I had Princess Plus on a cruise. I ended up leaving my beers and soft drinks in my refrigerator. On one cruise, I gave them to assistant cruise directors. I brought my mini bottles of liquor back home. On previous solo cruises, I traded the soft drinks for Perrier. I would refill the plastic water bottles.

For my cruise on Regal next week, I will be trying out my new battery operated toothbrush I bought on Amazon. . It is very lightweight and according to my daughter who used her's while here at Christmas, the battery should last for the week. Bringing one extra  just in case. One less cord to carry!

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Sorry  that this happened to you.

I carry my luggage on as I hate waiting until 3pm for them to show up outside my cabin. Nobody said a thing about my power strip. It has 2 outlets, 3 usb outlets and is not surge protected.

We carried ours on too but they caught it.  Because I could plug the electric toothbrush into the shaver outlet we can get along. 

Today is Princess Cay day but we are not going ashore.  Been there twice.  Both times my legs got rashes (not itchy) from being in the water,  We got up late and decided to pass.  We ate breakfast upstairs and then went to the 10:00 trivia.  Not many people there.  We paired up with a couple we met last night doing trivia.  We had the highest score.  We got those blue plastic notebooks.  I gave one of ours to the couple who came in second. Our partners said they had about 74 of them and give them out to people they know including doctors, etc.  After that we went up to the track and walked for about 35 minutes.  It was getting a bit hot.

We are on deck 9 with an extended balcony.  Quite nice to have the extra room.  We are mid ship.  The other side of the hallway is blocked off.  Probably using it for quarantine.  We also noticed another deck had both doors blocked off.   Some people in quarantine could be new crew members.  Yesterday I heard an announcement .  The voice was quite familiar .  I have mostly followed Alfie Smith, Same ship different day on you tube.  I swear he must be on this ship.

We are going to Alfredo's for lunch.  I love their vegetarian pizza.

Forgot to say we have had trouble with the medallion (so what else is new?).  I could not make dinner reservations.  We had to call the dine line today to do it.  Yesterdays Crown Grill reservations we had to do directly with that restaurant.  

In spite of the issues we are having a great time and just happy to be on a ship!

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

My cruise on the Regal ended yesterday. I thought the two outlets at the desk were sufficient for me. I kept my laptop plugged into one and used the other for my cell phone. I recharged my Kindle with the USB connection to the laptop. I recharged my toothbrush with the shaver outlet in the bathroom.

When I asked my cabin steward about the upgraded bathroom amenities, he said the only ones they had available were the shower cap and sisal mitt--the two I don't need. There was a lot of discussion back and forth on my live thread last week about the issue.

Last week was the first time I had Princess Plus on a cruise. I ended up leaving my beers and soft drinks in my refrigerator. On one cruise, I gave them to assistant cruise directors. I brought my mini bottles of liquor back home. On previous solo cruises, I traded the soft drinks for Perrier. I would refill the plastic water bottles.

I remember that conversation but figured I would ask as you never know when they get them in.

• Like 1