The Daily for Sunday 02/13/2022

richwmn

7 hours ago, kazu said:

I know exactly how you feel.  I feel your angst on the developments.  Our son is in Ottawa and sadly in the “zone”.  He can barely leave his apartment 😔

I am sorry to hear that.  My son used to live in the area, and now works in the area, but thankfully is working at home these days. Younger  son, a police officer, is being sent to Ottawa this week.

Fingers crossed that Marley continues to adjust, to get to a time you can both agree on.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I may be wrong, but I think @irishjimwants to know how to post to a thread without quoting.

Jim, scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page, and it will say "Reply to this topic".  Start your typing within that area, and then hit "submit reply".  I've noticed Jim always quotes, I think he wants to know how to post without quoting.

2 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Roy sorry for  getting this  question all screwed up. I want to  post to  the  board nops now

not  not  going  to  quotes I   hope this  is a  little  clearer now. Fingers  crossed.

From dumb Irish Jim.

@*Miss G* has suggested one way to do that a few posts ago.  If you're on a PC, there should be an easier way than that.    At the bottom of a page there should be a little box that has your avitar and says "Reply to this topic"

Capture.JPG.fe90447ffd075b31595fd4d661aebf11.JPG

I wonder how different things are based on the platform a person is using, PC, IPAD, phone, etc.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank  you   everyone  for  your  help hope  this  works for me.

Jim.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@*Miss G* has suggested one way to do that a few posts ago.  If you're on a PC, there should be an easier way than that.    At the bottom of a page there should be a little box that has your avitar and says "Reply to this topic"

Capture.JPG.fe90447ffd075b31595fd4d661aebf11.JPG

I wonder how different things are based on the platform a person is using, PC, IPAD, phone, etc.

Roy

Thanks, Roy.  Post # 116.  And, yes, I was getting a little concerned.

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Do you mean to post without quoting someone?  Look to the top right of your screen.  (See arrow below.)

83FAE38D-F4F3-42E5-92B3-690586488AD3.thumb.jpeg.3c16f82643cc94b55d4c425e5984cffb.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

So true.  

1 minute ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

Yay!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

YAY - glad it is working for you and you are NOT dumb.  Depending on your device you are using, Jim reply to the topic (to let you post without quoting) can also be a the top of the page on the right hand side underneath the thread topic.  In big blue - “Reply to this topic”. Click that as well and you do a single post.

FE54F3B1-6535-41D9-8BBA-E43CF8DB6E78.thumb.png.a8a8db6ede41cac1b51268158b53e574.png

• Like 8

@rafinmd I was thinking that irishjim was in trouble before you mentioned it, but we have no way to check on folks.

so-very smart people, how do i change my page?  all those cruises i have listed that i'm going on, at the bottom of the page, just are not going to happen, Carnival sold the ships (well not the Horizon, that one just wasnt going to happen.  I want to update my new cruises that i will be taking, but cant seem to find where to do that any more.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@rafinmd I was thinking that irishjim was in trouble before you mentioned it, but we have no way to check on folks.

so-very smart people, how do i change my page?  all those cruises i have listed that i'm going on, at the bottom of the page, just are not going to happen, Carnival sold the ships (well not the Horizon, that one just wasnt going to happen.  I want to update my new cruises that i will be taking, but cant seem to find where to do that any more.

I know they sold (actually scrapped the Fantasy) but did they sell the Pride?  That was Baltimore's ship for many years.  Will there still be ships that DH knows that you can feel comfortable taking?

Roy

• Like 7

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I was awww-ing over the granddaughters then I saw the way poor Blue was rearing back at the "puppy".  Sure looked scared!  And in the last photo they're not taking their eyes off each other.  Hilarious!  BTW, the girls are very sweet.❤️

Blue looks scared but he seems to be holding his own. I’m sure being the older dog helps. Storm is such a big baby. 

19 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Well, I enjoyed the halftime show!  🎆

Our DGD enjoyed it also. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

How  did  you post this  to  the  board

As I said, to quote just click on quote on the box below the the one you want to quote. 

I you just want to write a new post, scroll to the bottom of the posts on the page and click on the box "reply to the topic".  When it opens, start typing.

Lenda

Sorry, I missed that the question had been answered already.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

so-very smart people, how do i change my page?

Not one of the very smart people, 😉 but click on the down arrow by your CC name at the top of the page. Click on Account settings and then signature.  Change your signature, and be sure to click save when you're finished.  Hope that helps! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

7 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Not one of the very smart people, 😉 but click on the down arrow by your CC name at the top of the page. Click on Account settings and then signature.  Change your signature, and be sure to click save when you're finished.  Hope that helps! 

You beat me to it!  Here is a visual.  

A3575DF9-071A-4173-B106-DF138C6CECC6.thumb.jpeg.f9164e9882a71f76a8dc81b279ecf8cb.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
Whoops! Personal information removed!!
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

In 2021, Budweiser decided to put their Super Bowl 55 commercial on hold to promote Covid vaccine awareness. This year's commercial follows the Clydesdale's path to recovery after an injury. This is a message about overcoming challenges and is reflecting resilience of the people in America. 😊

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmd  No, the Pride is still OK, they sold the fantasy for scrap, i was supposed to be on that one, but got a note that they were replacing it with the sensation, but nope, got an email that they were switching the sensation to the ecstacy.  So, my Fantasy is now the Ecstacy, and Carnival sold both the Sensation and the Ecstasy, we are on her last cruise out of Mobile.  But I want to add my HAL cruise.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days. I once thought about adding a middle name, as I have none. And not too long ago got my original birth certificate and found my birth name (I was adopted at 7 days old). 

Vanessa, would you tell me how difficult the process was to get your original birth certificate. I know it is different in every state, but I have been thinking about looking into it for several years. (I was adopted at birth in Florida.) If you would rather email me my address is jamccullar@gmail.com

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Vanessa, would you tell me how difficult the process was to get your original birth certificate. I know it is different in every state, but I have been thinking about looking into it for several years. (I was adopted at birth in Florida.) If you would rather email me my address is jamccullar@gmail.com

NJ was considered the toughest state to get any adoptee information for many years. I had about given up. In searching online some years ago, I found out that then NJ Governor Chris Christie had in 2014 signed the New Jersey Adoptees' Birthright Bill into law. This allowed adoptees 18 and older to access their original birth certificates without court intervention, starting in 2017. All I had to do was fill out an online form and send it to the Department of Vital Statistics with a check. I had to put some info from my post-adoption birth certificate on the form. It took a while to come, but I got it, and was able to see my birth mother's name and age, and my pre-adoption name. Quite the revelation!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@JazzyV I too would like to know.  I was adopted at 6 months after being in a foster home, so not sure I'm trackable, but would like to know how you did it.

I was going to try to break the seal on the adoption, which would have been a court proceeding, but once I was able to get my original birth certificate, it wasn't necessary. The Salvation Army had a Home and Hospital for unwed mothers; I did contact where those records were stored but they couldn't find anything based on my date of birth. It wouldn't have added any information I don't think. There is a surname that pops up on Ancestry among some DNA matches (2nd-3rd cousins); possibly pointing to my biological father.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, srdancer said:

Must confess we watched the Olympic ice dancing free dance competition, with occasional glimpses at the super bowl. Missed the half time show.

I enjoyed the game.  I am sure that many people enjoyed the half time show, but I was not one of them.  I have never understood the appeal of rap or hip hop music.  Must be a generational thing.

• Like 12