Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

3 hours ago, floridababa said:

When will my medallion come? I'm sailing in 3 weeks?

We (3 couples) are sailing on March 10th.  We were notified on Feb 18 of the shipping confirmation.  Today the couple in Virginia received theirs.  The tracking for the medallions of the other couple and us with delivery to my address in Florida shows that they left LA yesterday.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 6:05 PM, mellon1 said:

Very nice!  Do you have a clear around thing to put the medallion in to attach to the chain?  Looking for that.  Thanks.

It comes within a clear plastic holder. Here’s a pic of the back of mine. you don’t need anything else. I took magnetic hooks and hung my mask and lanyard together by the door. I only forgot one or both of them twice…that’s really good for me. I had to run back to the room for my mask once and get our room steward to open doors once. Hubby was already out and I couldn’t get back in.

6798B098-68A5-4399-86B5-3B5DBB2B2826.jpeg

On 2/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, Grammyluvs said:

Has anyone had a pacemaker and had trouble with the lanyard? I read where it could cause problems since the medallion uses an infrared signal. Can’t remember where I read it. 

I believe the problem is that the magnet can interfere with a pacemaker.  Any magnet should be kept at least 6 inches away from the implant location.  The lanyard is probably not a good option.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, back to the islands said:

It comes within a clear plastic holder. Here’s a pic of the back of mine. you don’t need anything else. I took magnetic hooks and hung my mask and lanyard together by the door. I only forgot one or both of them twice…that’s really good for me. I had to run back to the room for my mask once and get our room steward to open doors once. Hubby was already out and I couldn’t get back in.

6798B098-68A5-4399-86B5-3B5DBB2B2826.jpeg

Thanks!

12 hours ago, MaineYachtClub said:

I believe the problem is that the magnet can interfere with a pacemaker.  Any magnet should be kept at least 6 inches away from the implant location.  The lanyard is probably not a good option.

Definitely not infrared. RF. If the magnet would interfere with a pace maker. I would think Princess would give a warning for that.

8 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Definitely not infrared. RF. If the magnet would interfere with a pace maker. I would think Princess would give a warning for that.

On the Princess website Medallion FAQs :

"Is an Medallion wearable safe to use if I have a pacemaker, or other medical device?
The Medallion wearable includes magnets and RF technology that have been designed and manufactured to meet the radio frequency (RF) requirements set by the Federal Communications Commission of the United States. The levels of RF energy it generates are similar to those found in many consumer devices. Manufacturers of Implantable Pacemaker and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs) typically recommend that you keep your medical device 9 inches (23 cm) away from RF transmitters comparable to the one found inside the Medallion wearable. However, as every device differs, so you should check directly with the manufacturer of your medical device and physician for guidance."

Link here:

Princess MedallionClass® - Frequently Asked Questions - Princess Cruises

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MaineYachtClub said:

I think if the medallion magnet were that strong, people would be dropping around the ship every day and so far I haven't heard of anyone that has yet to experience a problem.

I'm sure we would have heard of a lawsuit by now.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 7:51 PM, capriccio said:

I don’t have pockets on most of my clothes so for our first Medallion cruise in January I bought a new very small purse that was actually large enough to hold my phone, my passport and other required documentation, a mask, a couple of credit cards, my car/house keys and the medallion.  Most of that stuff went into the safe.  I clipped my medallion to the side of the purse.  

Onboard I discovered that I really needed a retractable clip so that is what I’ll be attaching on our next cruise in 3 weeks.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c77c9ca5a13130a2d228b2d28161146.jpeg

I found a cute bag just the right size in a charity shop (thrift store) last week and justified the £3 investment thinking it will be perfect for phone lipstick and medallion - I have retractable clip from when I was ungainfully employed so i will dig it out to - thanks for the tip.

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

"Is an Medallion wearable safe to use if I have a pacemaker, or other medical device?
The Medallion wearable includes magnets and RF technology that have been designed and manufactured to meet the radio frequency (RF) requirements set by the Federal Communications Commission of the United States. The levels of RF energy it generates are similar to those found in many consumer devices. Manufacturers of Implantable Pacemaker and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs) typically recommend that you keep your medical device 9 inches (23 cm) away from RF transmitters comparable to the one found inside the Medallion wearable. However, as every device differs, so you should check directly with the manufacturer of your medical device and physician for guidance."

Link here:

Well, they you have it. No more question. It can interfere with it. Thanks for that.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 8:08 AM, Daniel A said:

Link here:

Thanks for posting that.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, Don9992 said:

My wife would like to see the official Princess Medallion holders before buying one.  Do they cost any more onboard the ship? 

I think they are about the same and maybe a little less since there are no shipping charges.  I bought the bracelet on a March cruise for $54 - you can use that as a comparison to the price charged ordering through the app. I'm glad I did it in person because they run small and I probably would have ordered the wrong size.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:23 PM, MaineYachtClub said:

I bought one of those plastic watch strap types and had no problem at all with it.

2 hours ago, Don9992 said:

My wife would like to see the official Princess Medallion holders before buying one.  Do they cost any more onboard the ship? 

Take a look on ebay. There are several that are super nice and not expensive at all.

I ordered this one on Amazon. It doesn’t work. It holds just fine, but the metal edges block the signal and you have to take it out each time. 
had to go back to the plastic one it came in. [4 Pack] Premium Metal Case with Key Ring Compatible for AirTags, Rhinestone Bling Frame Drop Protection Shock-Absorbing Anti-Scratch Protective Cover Keychain https://a.co/d/6YBIMWc

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:06 PM, seeyouinthesun said:

I used an Apple Airtag holder I bought on Amazon.

Airtag Holder, Airtag Case, Air tag Holder, Airtag Accessories, Airtag Key Ring, Airtag Keychain, Silicone Airtag Case, 4 Pack – White, Dark Blue, Blue, Black
by Kayfovo
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095PP5WB4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5KA5AZJ80BRWM7PZ47VX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

airtag-holders.jpg

Hi, First time using these Princess medallions. I ordered the lanyard and planned to just keep the medallion in my purse and husbands in his pocket. Will that work or do we need them "on" us? Also wondering where you attach the Airtags? 

Another question if anyone knows...when I ordered our medallions (haven't received them yet) ours are Ruby because we have sailed in the past, my brother in laws was Gold and my sister in laws looks like it will be Blue? Why do they have 2 different colors? 

Thank you

we went with the watch, option, which was an additional 30 bucks for my wife and I. My problems with the device onboard aside, this worked perfectly from a wearables perspective. I wear a smart watch on my left wrist 24-7, so I just wore the princess "watch" on the other. 

image.thumb.jpeg.adee7068fc9882687540b6c076ba017a.jpeg

2 hours ago, llarsen said:

Hi, First time using these Princess medallions. I ordered the lanyard and planned to just keep the medallion in my purse and husbands in his pocket. Will that work or do we need them "on" us? Also wondering where you attach the Airtags? 

Another question if anyone knows...when I ordered our medallions (haven't received them yet) ours are Ruby because we have sailed in the past, my brother in laws was Gold and my sister in laws looks like it will be Blue? Why do they have 2 different colors? 

Thank you

So important. make sure you never have it near any charge cards or any cards with the magnetic strip. The magnets in the medallion will kill them.

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So important. make sure you never have it near any charge cards or any cards with the magnetic strip. The magnets in the medallion will kill them.

The magnet is very, very weak so there's no worry about demagnetizing your credit cards.

• Like 1