Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

2 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

If you leave the medallion in your pocket, it blocks the nfc signal and it won't show up on their tablet when you order a drink or go to specialty restaurant. You'll either have to take your medallion out or give them your room number. It's much easier to walk around with medallion not in your pocket.

I don't see why that would be so. Cloth material shouldn't have any affect on the signal strength being able to be detected, especially just a layer or 2. 

26 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I don't see why that would be so. Cloth material shouldn't have any affect on the signal strength being able to be detected, especially just a layer or 2. 

I kept mine in my jeans pocket or slacks almost all the time,  and I was well hydrated. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

That plastic case has been omitted. Its now just the medallion in a very small holder which it can easily snap out of if necessary to fit in other holders. Mine never fell out on either voyage. 

20220215_075819.thumb.jpg.dbb2ef5d1bc70af919fd2e3266b32722.jpg

I'm not a fan of lanyards at all, but the next cruise I will be taking this one so I can replace the blue square for one that says "Happily retired" 🤣  

20220215_201857[1].jpg

20220215_203459[1].jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Thrak,

The card holder is free when you are in a suite. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Barring some really strange and unforeseen circumstance I will never sail in a suite. I don't carry a wallet onboard and won't be having a cruise card either so... I will most likely just carry the medallion in my pocket like I did the cruise card. So far, almost every medallion cruise we have booked has been cancelled by Princess. The one that wasn't cancelled was supposed to be the first medallion cruise on Caribbean Princess. We did the cruise but they postponed the medallion on that ship so we have never actually seen or held a medallion. Maybe the May 2nd cruise will happen.

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Barring some really strange and unforeseen circumstance I will never sail in a suite. I don't carry a wallet onboard and won't be having a cruise card either so... I will most likely just carry the medallion in my pocket like I did the cruise card. So far, almost every medallion cruise we have booked has been cancelled by Princess. The one that wasn't cancelled was supposed to be the first medallion cruise on Caribbean Princess. We did the cruise but they postponed the medallion on that ship so we have never actually seen or held a medallion. Maybe the May 2nd cruise will happen.

You might miss out on the Medallion altogether when they move to the implanted chip...😁

• Haha 9

I've never yet been on a medallion cruise, although I've booked several that either the ship was delayed in being medallion ready or the cruises were cancelled due to Covid. However, we do have medallions (and lanyards) that we had already received before our March 2020 cruise was cancelled so I've been able to test them in different holders. I have found that the Apple Airtag is the same size and any bracelet, necklace, keychain, etc. you can find for it on Amazon or Ebay will work with the medallion. We have bought bracelets with a soft nylon mesh strap that fasten with velcro for our cruise next month. It even fits my husband's very large wrist and my very small one. They seem to be more comfortable than the plastic ones and less expensive. I also bought a keychain with a pretty silver airtag holder surrounded by tiny rhinestones that I can remove and put on a chain if I want a dressy necklace, or clip it to my purse. Now just waiting for the new medallions to arrive!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

I've never yet been on a medallion cruise, although I've booked several that either the ship was delayed in being medallion ready or the cruises were cancelled due to Covid. However, we do have medallions (and lanyards) that we had already received before our March 2020 cruise was cancelled so I've been able to test them in different holders. I have found that the Apple Airtag is the same size and any bracelet, necklace, keychain, etc. you can find for it on Amazon or Ebay will work with the medallion. We have bought bracelets with a soft nylon mesh strap that fasten with velcro for our cruise next month. It even fits my husband's very large wrist and my very small one. They seem to be more comfortable than the plastic ones and less expensive. I also bought a keychain with a pretty silver airtag holder surrounded by tiny rhinestones that I can remove and put on a chain if I want a dressy necklace, or clip it to my purse. Now just waiting for the new medallions to arrive!

I got the same one with the rhinestones on it!

18 hours ago, Daniel A said:

You might miss out on the Medallion altogether when they move to the implanted chip...😁

That is so 2000s. Back then there were clubs in Spain that had the option of having rfid tags injected under your skin. The rfid tags were associated with your card account...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

We have bought bracelets with a soft nylon mesh strap that fasten with velcro for our cruise next month. It even fits my husband's very large wrist and my very small one. They seem to be more comfortable than the plastic ones and less expensive. I also bought a keychain with a pretty silver airtag holder surrounded by tiny rhinestones that I can remove and put on a chain if I want a dressy necklace, or clip it to my purse. Now just waiting for the new medallions to arrive!

Could you share some links?

I have a fancy lanyard, I like it.  I believe they employ people with health challenges to make the product.  Some have magnetic clasps, have to be aware of that, I ended up sending one back, chose another one.  Hidden Hollow Beads, a family business in Utah.  Just me, I try to stay away from Amazon, WalMart.

https://www.hiddenhollowbeads.com/product-category/fashion-lanyards/

Edited by susancruzs
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, back to the islands said:

I don't always have pockets or like to carry a purse so I bought this beaded necklace for our Christmas cruise and it worked perfectly!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VW91SFL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for adding the link.  I ordered one.  I have two, but they are both plain, no beads.  One is silver and one is gold, but nice to have the beaded one

12 hours ago, back to the islands said:

I don't always have pockets or like to carry a purse so I bought this beaded necklace for our Christmas cruise and it worked perfectly!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VW91SFL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Love it! I just ordered one too!

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:10 AM, Shelly97060 said:

I like this little holder that slides onto our watch bands. We have used our on multiple cruises and it works great.  

B030095A-B84F-4E8E-A87D-31874BA9E0AF.thumb.jpeg.bc7c45391a22dda83386616c73930c6e.jpeg

I have this one for my fitbit.  I put the holder just above the watch screen.  It was always there but out of the way.  Formal nights the medallion was in my clutch.

Actually I prefer the basic lanyard, because you can hang it on your door after entering along with your mask and not forget either when you leave. If my mask or medallion isn't there, I'll forget it eventually. I also wear an Apple Watch, so having a watch band on both wrists feels weird. They have a shop at their Medallion help desk and will be happy to sell you any sort of band or attachment you want, so I'd wait to get on board and see what they have available and if it's worth it to you. 

On 2/16/2022 at 11:17 PM, back to the islands said:

Very nice!  Do you have a clear around thing to put the medallion in to attach to the chain?  Looking for that.  Thanks.