Is CATS really still on Oasis?!!

Just now, tpcwags said:
3 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Jersey boys is one of my favorite musicals, you really don’t realize how many of their songs you know till you see this musical. I would love to see it again since I had a bad seat previously.

This musical you want to sit close to the stage since the Broadway version had a overhang on the stage, which impacted your view mid theatre.

I saw Wicked 3 times in 3 different cities, loved the songs

Expand  

I agree. Jersey Boys would be a good show for Wonder of the Seas, easy sets, not a very big cast and songs that span generations. I saw the National tour production and loved it and my young adult kids have seen it on Broadway and are big fans.

48 minutes ago, tpcwags said:

I agree. Jersey Boys would be a good show for Wonder of the Seas, easy sets, not a very big cast and songs that span generations. I saw the National tour production and loved it and my young adult kids have seen it on Broadway and are big fans.

NCL has it. It's on the Bliss.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, the kittens don't crawl in your lap anymore 😉

FWIW, I love about half of the numbers, both the dancing and the songs. I honestly don't feel its dreary. I like to think its an uplifting story about forgiveness and rebirth.

But what do I know

I also like it and was lucky enough to see the original on Broadway with Betty Buckley.

It does sound like the shorter version is not going over so well.

but what do I also know?  

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I also like it and was lucky enough to see the original on Broadway with Betty Buckley.

It does sound like the shorter version is not going over so well.

but what do I also know?  

Human nature says it's easier to hate than to praise 😉

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We didn't last long either. Luckily we were in the back of the theater and sneaked out

me too as I sat on one of the velvet chairs.  perhaps I tripped over YOU on my way out as a few us  were shaking their heads and just not happy.   ha ha

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, binro01 said:

Now, don't get me wrong. Les Mis is one of my all time favorite plays. The music, the story lines. The oddity of a broadway musical viewed from a masculine perspective. It's all wonderful. I'm just not sure if I would call it uplifting with so many people dying. 

I would love to see when Cats goes dark, The Greatest Showman take its place. I feel it would be a perfect show on a cruise ship. 

Sorry, the sarcasm didn't come through :classic_tongue:  I agree, it is pretty dark and not something that would probably be enjoyable for cruise fare.  But, I am transfixed by the music in that play, just as I am Phantom.  But, I don't either would play well on a cruise.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Sorry, the sarcasm didn't come through :classic_tongue:  I agree, it is pretty dark and not something that would probably be enjoyable for cruise fare.  But, I am transfixed by the music in that play, just as I am Phantom.  But, I don't either would play well on a cruise.  :classic_biggrin:

Here's a thought, maybe the negotiation to keep CAT'S was a strategy to get Phantom eventually.😉

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I did as well.  I think while similiar, the costumes plus the lead (very tall person) on anthem back in 2016 was really good

During a Q&A, Terry (Spectra) mentioned that he performed the show over 1500 times. 

• Like 1

We were on Anthem and going back again, thought it top notch especially during Covid times.

We have seen many of the BW shows. HATED "we will rock you" for the reasons folks seem to hate Cats. Music/performance great, but a longgggggggggggg show with much stupidity to get to the songs, WE almost  left it was so long and silly. Having said that, I loved CATS on broadway I am a huge TS Eliot freak, own the book and to each his own. May be the only person in America that hated Grease when it was on Broadway and ABBA? Makes me want to vomit, big Dylan/fan and that kind of music is the polar opposite of good songwriting, in my view. Bottom line is I am defending CATS, and so far for me the best muscial I have seen was Hairspray, which surprised me as I knew nothing about it. Would love to see Chicago some time, but we have a choice of Oasis for a short Canada cruise (to get us to Diamond for a 14 day in the fall) or Adventure which doesn't have the entertainment. So I am leaning towards Oasis and cats, despite everyone seeming to dislike it. 

• Like 3

Has anything 'leaked' at all about Wonders Broadway show yet?  We may have to send John down to the  Pier tonight in scuba gear and a ski mask!!  Jump onboard and sneak into the wardrobe room to scope it out. 

I'll call the Zodiac boat rental company to see if ones available for tonight. Hopefully Laura will be able to drive it. I'll get right back to you. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Has anything 'leaked' at all about Wonders Broadway show yet?  We may have to send John down to the  Pier tonight in scuba gear and a ski mask!!  Jump onboard and sneak into the wardrobe room to scope it out. 

I'll call the Zodiac boat rental company to see if ones available for tonight. Hopefully Laura will be able to drive it. I'll get right back to you. 😉

Headed to Miami in the morning to see my dad. Port is kinda on the way

Maybe I'll pack this bad boy😉

20220221_135609.thumb.jpg.9fdb960be739a779123ac371d7121ff1.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 12:07 PM, John&LaLa said:

The ice show, Frozen in Time, is still the same. It's my favorite ice show. 

You are correct on the original Oasis and Allure shows

I thought Allure started with Chicago???

mac_tlc