Platinum / Diamond parties on Mardi Gras?

ChrisNCruiser

Hi all - I'm considering a Mardi Gras cruise for December. Has anyone recently attended any VIFP parties for Platinum / Diamond guests? I assume there will be plenty of passengers who enjoy either status on the Mardi Gras so I'm curious as to where they have held them and what is offered. I was on the Pride in September and the Magic in October; the crowds were tiny on the Pride but quite large for the Magic, so the food / drink options were different. Thanks in advance!

Interesting that different ships are handling the VIP parties differently.  On Freedom it was unlimited drinks- you could get more than 1 at a time if you wanted.  No food - I think that is a thing of the past now. Maybe the bigger ships - having more vip guests - are limiting drinks.

• Like 1

On the Mardi Gras Platinum/Diamond party, you get one glass of red or white wine as you enter the theater.  No appetizers served and no drinks given in the theater.  A $10 credit is put on your Sign and Sail card for a drink anytime after the party or from  one hour before.  The Diamond lunch was in the Flamingo restaurant.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kicia said:

On the Mardi Gras Platinum/Diamond party, you get one glass of red or white wine as you enter the theater.  No appetizers served and no drinks given in the theater.  A $10 credit is put on your Sign and Sail card for a drink anytime after the party or from  one hour before.  The Diamond lunch was in the Flamingo restaurant.  

Is that in addition to the $10 credit for a bunch drink?

Guest BasicSailor
25 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Mardi Gras is the least fun of the Plat/Diam Parties, currently. The Liquid Lounge makes it even less fun.

Most fun, of the 9 ships we’ve been on since the restart... Valor!

From the reports I've been reading you're right on target with this post.

If you have the Cheers package then the "free drink" could cost you $.79. I ordered several drinks at dinner the night of the platinum / Diamond party and for one of the drinks they took off $10 instead of putting it against my drink package. Pretty petty if you ask me. The computer system should have caught that.

We sailed MG last autumn and attended the Diamond lunch.  Didn't find it entertaining, except for the conversation at our table.  There was no interaction between guests and officers, and the layout didn't allow for folks to visually see where the Captain sat.

We didn't attend the Plat/Diamond party, pretty much ignore those the last 10 or 12 cruises.  

12 hours ago, pe4all said:

Interesting that different ships are handling the VIP parties differently.  On Freedom it was unlimited drinks- you could get more than 1 at a time if you wanted.  No food - I think that is a thing of the past now. Maybe the bigger ships - having more vip guests - are limiting drinks.

This is only happening on the Mardi Gras for now and it’s because of the layout of the main show theater. It’s all stadium seats with no room for servers to circulate. When one person needs to get through everyone stands up (think movie theater). We only attended the Love and Marriage show on last weeks cruise. 

if they continue with this style of seating in future cruises I can see people losing interest in the party. We opted to not attend as none of us would have drank the wine. I also am not a fan of having to stand and make way for people trying to get to the seats. 

39 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We sailed MG last autumn and attended the Diamond lunch.  Didn't find it entertaining, except for the conversation at our table.  There was no interaction between guests and officers, and the layout didn't allow for folks to visually see where the Captain sat.

We didn't attend the Plat/Diamond party, pretty much ignore those the last 10 or 12 cruises.  

The captain hasn’t been at the diamond gatherings since Covid began. Makes sense given his importance on the ship. Also the officers were standing back and none shaking hands on my last two cruises. We did enjoy the lunch they provided as well as the conversation with the other couple we were seated with. 

Guest BasicSailor
8 minutes ago, UpstateCruizer said:

The captain hasn’t been at the diamond gatherings since Covid began. Makes sense given his importance on the ship. Also the officers were standing back and none shaking hands on my last two cruises. We did enjoy the lunch they provided as well as the conversation with the other couple we were seated with. 

Guess we were lucky on a few of ours, at least the captain's showed up and spoke a few words.