An African adventure - Whisper - Cape Town to Mahe

Silver Spectre

On 3/5/2022 at 3:01 AM, Silver Spectre said:

Arrived in Maputo this morning at 6am. All going ashore had to have a rapid antigen test on the dock, administered by local medical staff. They were using Abbott labs testing equipment. No positives! Those not going on a tour or independent did not need to have a test. An unpleasant surprise was being woken at 8am by the CD announcing that guests on morning tours had to be tested and that we will be sailing an hour earlier than planned. This was piped into suites, each part repeated 3 times for the frail and hard of hearing, and repeated twice more at 15 minute intervals.

What was the VISA requirement for Maputo?   Did you get one on arrival?

We will be visiting there next March  on the ms Zuiderdam

13 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

What was the VISA requirement for Maputo?   Did you get one on arrival?

We will be visiting there next March  on the ms Zuiderdam

It was a US$50 tourist one, organised by the ship, charged to our onboard account.

10 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

It was a US$50 tourist one, organised by the ship, charged to our onboard account.

Holland America is saying that we may need to get a VISA for South Africa.   Best I can tell, USA and UK citizens don't need VISAs for less than 90 days.   Did you hear anything about this changing?   I assume you didn't need one on your recent visit

3 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Holland America is saying that we may need to get a VISA for South Africa.   Best I can tell, USA and UK citizens don't need VISAs for less than 90 days.   Did you hear anything about this changing?   I assume you didn't need one on your recent visit

No we did not, just the minimum of two adjacent unstamped pages in your passport.