"LIVE" Ruby Princess, February 25 - March 12, SF to Fort Lauderdale. Panama Canal!

K.T.B.

Great whale watching in Cabo today and a wonderful coconut shrimp at the Cabo Cantina to top it off.  Only downside was, despite 3 tender loading positions active on the leward side of the ship, they held all walkup passengers almost an hour to clear the princess tour groups.  Would have been nice to slip a tender or two during that time to the people with tender tickets.

Sail away was a little subdued but the band was great.  Horizon Court is running one side at a time but still keeping up with demand pretty well.  All in all, nothing of importance to complain about.

Many couples took to the dance floor last night in the Explorers Lounge with a great band providing music.  Questions:. Is there a secret signal to let the dancers know to start line dancing?  Is there a governing body somewhere that officially assigns steps to specific songs?

Edited by txjim09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

20220302170406_IMG_1046.thumb.JPG.bc4d02fc1ff247815fdf0cb7f6eff80a.JPGRuby currently has a huge flock of seabirds riding the thermals off the bow of the ship. The mast has a hitchhiker taking a rest. I'm watching them out my stateroom window in L104.  The "secret" deck below the bridge was a perfect place to pop out and snap these pics.  Does anyone know what type of seabirds these are?

20220302165228_IMG_0997.JPG

20220302170117_IMG_1019.JPG

20220302170129_IMG_1022.JPG

20220302170135_IMG_1023.JPG

20220302170442_IMG_1048.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DUCHESSRN said:

My friend has an aft balcony Deck 8 and has a brown bird stuck on her balcony . I wonder if it the same kind of bird . 

Our aft balcony, also Deck 8, Ruby Princess.  D736. October 31, 2021.  Pier 27 San Francisco.  I wonder if it is the same balcony.  He wasn't stuck though, hung around about 15 minutes.  It was very cool!

20211031_150312.jpg

20211031_150404.jpg

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

My friend has an aft balcony Deck 8 and has a brown bird stuck on her balcony . I wonder if it the same kind of bird . 

I wouldn't be surprised.   There was a huge flock out front.   One may have gotten tired and needed a rest. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Our aft balcony, also Deck 8, Ruby Princess.  D736. October 31, 2021.  Pier 27 San Francisco.  I wonder if it is the same balcony.  He wasn't stuck though, hung around about 15 minutes.  It was very cool!

20211031_150312.jpg

20211031_150404.jpg

the infamous peregrine Falcon

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

The Aft balcony Bird did not like scones and hopped over next door .

I see a light on the horizon there must be another ship out there.

Our Captain leaves us tomorrow I believe , I have enjoyed his noon stories .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

...Our Captain leaves us tomorrow I believe , I have enjoyed his noon stories .

The best one I heard on the cruise just before yours was about computers-  whether they were invented by a man or a woman.  Maybe he'll repeat it before he leaves, or already has done 🙂

And these words of wisdom-  Don't have more children than you do car windows.

I'm curious... Is the CD still peddling bingo, spa services, jewelry sales and the like over the intercom under the thinly-veiled guise of "activity announcements"?  He did it 3 times a day the last cruise and was a major irritant.  By the end of the cruise, his voice sounded to us like fingernails on chalkboard😬