Omg! Carnival cancelled my cruise

riviera

We sailed on carnival in October 2020, completely vaccinated. I booked a carnival cruise for April. I just got email saying my cruise is cancelled for not being totally vaccinated!!!! Do they think I got unvaccinated??? I tried calling but I got a recording saying “ due to an unusually high volume of calls, we are unable to take your call. Please call at another time”

Suggestions?? Would they refund my

money?  It’s paid in full !  I certainly don’t want FCC.  Wow! Stunned!!!

I don’t recall getting one yet. Apparently they think I filled out the form for an exemption?? I will try calling again tomorrow and see if they can straighten it out. I just booked it couple weeks ago directly with them and paid in full at the time. 

The vaccination attestation survey is available in “manage my cruise” from the time you book the cruise, and Carnival expects you to complete it right away.  I seem to recall they want it in 2 days, but it may be some other timeframe.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, riviera said:

We sailed on carnival in October 2020, completely vaccinated. I booked a carnival cruise for April. I just got email saying my cruise is cancelled for not being totally vaccinated!!!! Do they think I got unvaccinated??? I tried calling but I got a recording saying “ due to an unusually high volume of calls, we are unable to take your call. Please call at another time”

Before every cruise you have to complete the vaccination questionnaire, if you didn’t it’s your fault.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Yikes! I'm glad I read this. I realized I had not done our vaccination survey yet. I kept thinking that was something to do closer to sail date.

I forgot to do my health questions and this just reminded me!  Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riviera said:

For my upcoming Panorama Cruise I filled out the Vaccination Attestation  during the two day time period (you need this for every cruise perhaps VeriFly will save this for the future like Hawaii Safe Travels does) and got the "Green Check" and two lines through it in Manage my Cruise. Just today I filled out the Health Questions and it asked  questions if I had been exposed to COVID in the past 10 days, Did I test Positive for COVID in the past 10 Days all answers are no. Am I fully Vaccinated or will I be fully vaccinated by the sail date Yes. I got the green check "Health Questions complete" . Under Review Health Question Status by Print Documents under Booking Details I got a Green Checkmark and the word"Completed" .  I ran through the questions twice to be sure I did not make an error.

If you have a PVP now is the time to call them or see if you can call the Emergency Hotline. I think they will fully refund everything and your shore excursions too. If it was in error then Carnival is obligated to return everything back to normal and perhaps not even recharge your credit card and throw in some extra OBC.

Do you have any e-mails stating that there is a problem?

One other thought could Carnival or the Ship be doing some planning and took your reservation off the website? Perhaps Shore Excursions is doing an update and inventory so your cruise may have disappeared.  I know with Royal Caribbean it was normal for my cruise to disappear a few times before the sailing date as the DIning Room did their assignments, theri Shore Excursions department was doing inventory and printing tickets and then 24 hours before departure it was totally gone.

Are you able to check in for the cruise if its within 14 days?  What makes you think its cancelled? Generally Carnival would do everything to reach out to you by phoning you, e-mailing you , contacting your Travel Agent or PVP before just cancelling it.  Honestly you can also call the Access Department(Extension can be found on Carnival' s website). Pretend you want to add a special request and if they say its cancelled be like I neve cancelled what is going on? The Access line generally picks up within 15 minutes.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted.

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

For my upcoming Panorama Cruise I filled out the Vaccination Attestation  during the two day time period (you need this for every cruise perhaps VeriFly will save this for the future like Hawaii Safe Travels does) and got the "Green Check" and two lines through it in Manage my Cruise. Just today I filled out the Health Questions and it asked  questions if I had been exposed to COVID in the past 10 days, Did I test Positive for COVID in the past 10 Days all answers are no. Am I fully Vaccinated or will I be fully vaccinated by the sail date Yes. I got the green check "Health Questions complete" . Under Review Health Question Status by Print Documents under Booking Details I got a Green Checkmark and the word"Completed" .  I ran through the questions twice to be sure I did not make an error.

If you have a PVP now is the time to call them or see if you can call the Emergency Hotline. I think they will fully refund everything and your shore excursions too. If it was in error then Carnival is obligated to return everything back to normal and perhaps not even recharge your credit card and throw in some extra OBC.

Do you have any e-mails stating that there is a problem?

One other thought could Carnival or the Ship be doing some planning and took your reservation off the website? Perhaps Shore Excursions is doing an update and inventory so your cruise may have disappeared.  I know with Royal Caribbean it was normal for my cruise to disappear a few times before the sailing date as the DIning Room did their assignments, theri Shore Excursions department was doing inventory and printing tickets and then 24 hours before departure it was totally gone.

Are you able to check in for the cruise if its within 14 days?  What makes you think its cancelled? Generally Carnival would do everything to reach out to you by phoning you, e-mailing you , contacting your Travel Agent or PVP before just cancelling it.  Honestly you can also call the Access Department(Extension can be found on Carnival' s website). Pretend you want to add a special request and if they say its cancelled be like I neve cancelled what is going on? The Access line generally picks up within 15 minutes.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted.

If I'm reading the OP's post correctly, they stated that they were emailed, and the email stated that their cruise was canceled due to not being vaccinated.

12 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If I'm reading the OP's post correctly, they stated that they were emailed, and the email stated that their cruise was canceled due to not being vaccinated.

12 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Yes that is how I read it as well. Let's pray it will get resolved soon!

I booked a cruise early last week for August. I filled out my vaccination survey immediately for my family. Two days ago I got an email that I had 48 hours to fill out the vaccination survey ( already did ) or they were going to cancel my cruise. They have some issues going on .....

• Like 2

I don't know where anyone is getting that the vaccine attestation needs to be filled out in 2 days. I booked our 3/26 cruise several months ago and did not fill in any guest info, TBA. Wife has not gotten vacation time approved yet. Completed the guest info and vaccine attestation yesterday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riviera said:

I'm not quite sure I follow. Did you disregard the vaccination info because you have sailed before and that they would keep it on file? Also, what's the problem with FCC? Couldn't you jut rebook?

53 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'm not quite sure I follow. Did you disregard the vaccination info because you have sailed before and that they would keep it on file? Also, what's the problem with FCC? Couldn't you jut rebook?

No not at all. I checked my cruise planner, had already filled out the vaccination attestation and got the GREEN check mark. 
I will try calling again today and get it straightened out. Some of these cruise lines IT departments are lacking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I booked a cruise early last week for August. I filled out my vaccination survey immediately for my family. Two days ago I got an email that I had 48 hours to fill out the vaccination survey ( already did ) or they were going to cancel my cruise. They have some issues going on .....

This exact thing happened to me, I got a little worried that I may have missed it, but when I double checked I had definitely completed the form. 

22 minutes ago, LadyL said:

Am I missing something?  I booked almost a month ago and cannot find the attestation anywhere; however, I am booked almost two years out 😀

The vaccine survey (attestation) is requested when you book, just asks if all guests are/will be fully vaccinated by 14 days prior to cruise. There is a health questionnaire you complete at check-in 14/16 days before cruise.

add: these come up in your Cruise Planner to do list.

Edited by mondello
Add