Omg! Carnival cancelled my cruise

riviera

4 minutes ago, Safetyal said:

We got the same email on Monday for our cruise in March.  Filled out the vaccination survey as soon as we booked.  Both of us are vaccinated and had a booster.  Had to call our PVP who straightened it all out for us.    

This is good news (well not that Carnival is messing things up).  I'm sure OP is in a similar situation

1 hour ago, nascartim said:

This exact thing happened to me, I got a little worried that I may have missed it, but when I double checked I had definitely completed the form. 

Same thing happened to us. Filled it out immediately - although it is called VACCINATON SURVEY on my profile - and 4 days later I got the 48hrs notification that I was going to be cancelled if I did not fill it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mondello said:

The vaccine survey (attestation) is requested when you book, just asks if all guests are/will be fully vaccinated by 14 days prior to cruise. There is a health questionnaire you complete at check-in 14/16 days before cruise.

add: these come up in your Cruise Planner to do list.

Nope, just checked, not there.  Maybe it'll pop up later.

12 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Could you have already done it???   It goes away (replaced with check-in) after it has been completed.  At least that's what mine did!

Nope.  I booked over the phone, 3 rooms, and I remember the rep reminding me that everyone had to be vaccinated and I told him everyone was.

1 hour ago, LadyL said:

Nope, just checked, not there.  Maybe it'll pop up later.

14 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Could you have already done it???   It goes away (replaced with check-in) after it has been completed.  At least that's what mine did!

While it may disappear for a bit, even if completed it should show on to do list with option to "Review Vaccine Survey."

UPDATE:  After 3 long phone calls, they said someone will get back with you.

Just received an email;

” Your booking is active, thanks for choosing carnival”

Happy I’m still going, but no idea what happened and no apology” 🤔

• Like 8

16 hours ago, modes said:

Before every cruise you have to complete the vaccination questionnaire, if you didn’t it’s your fault.

I put some blame on Carnival as well for lax communications.  Before sending out notices that a cruise is cancelled because the vaccination survey wasn't done they should at least send customers an email reminding them that they need to do it in x days or face cancellation.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, modes said:

Before every cruise

you have to complete the vaccination questionnaire,

if you didn’t it’s your fault.

If/when I ever cruise again (if I don't DIE first!)
ain't gonna be none of these hoops to jump thru, y'all!

7 hours ago, riviera said:

D056055B-804A-4B25-A288-0A37BF44F9CE.thumb.png.8c5567002a9d01e6705ba98809d4fcad.pngD056055B-804A-4B25-A288-0A37BF44F9CE.thumb.png.8c5567002a9d01e6705ba98809d4fcad.png

Reading into this says that either you forgot to go through every passenger and fill out the vaccination attestation for all(required for each individual and for every sailing) Carnival's IT got your request and somehow lost in translation they thought that someone in your party was not fully vaccinated.  If the first one is correct I am sorry OP but Carnival is just implementing their policies. If it was a mistake on your part perhaps sending over proof that everyone is fully vaccinated but it may be too late as the cruise may be closed out. 

If it was Carnival's fault then they of course will have to book you on a new cruise, pay for everything non refundable and replace your shore excursions, speciality dining etc and throw in a hefty OBC. See if you can reach out to their Executive Customer Service by selecting back from a recent cruise to share your feedback and see if someone can research and fix the problem.

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

Reading into this says that either you forgot to go through every passenger and fill out the vaccination attestation for all(required for each individual and for every sailing) Carnival's IT got your request and somehow lost in translation they thought that someone in your party was not fully vaccinated.  If the first one is correct I am sorry OP but Carnival is just implementing their policies. If it was a mistake on your part perhaps sending over proof that everyone is fully vaccinated but it may be too late as the cruise may be closed out. 

If it was Carnival's fault then they of course will have to book you on a new cruise, pay for everything non refundable and replace your shore excursions, speciality dining etc and throw in a hefty OBC. See if you can reach out to their Executive Customer Service by selecting back from a recent cruise to share your feedback and see if someone can research and fix the problem.

Op posted that all is well with her booking. Sounds like Carnival dropped the ball. At least everything is corrected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riviera said:

UPDATE:  After 3 long phone calls, they said someone will get back with you.

Just received an email;

” Your booking is active, thanks for choosing carnival”

Happy I’m still going, but no idea what happened and no apology” 🤔

glad to hear your booking is fine. I think there’s a lot of bad IT happening. Have seen people comment on getting actually cancelled for no reason; getting emails about vaccine exemptions when they were vaccinated, and getting vaccine attestation emails several times after completing it. While I can understand it’s frustrating; I’m also sure that they didn’t build their booking engines with forethought of vaccinated requirements. When you add on something without rebuilding it there are often glitches.

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LadyL said:

Am I missing something?  I booked almost a month ago and cannot find the attestation anywhere; however, I am booked almost two years out 😀

I believe the vaccine attestation is only available for cruises through 12/31/22 – since they haven't officially decided the process for next year, you're probably good!