For those that have been in Junior Suites - how does it work trying to make reservations for dinner at Coastal Kitchen?

moonltnite

We'll be in a Junior Suite on our Oasis sailing on 3/6.  I know that those in Junior Suites can have dinner at Coastal Kitchen, if space is available. 

For those of you that have been in a JS and have had dinner at Coastal Kitchen - how does this work?   Are you allowed to make reservations after boarding?  If so, are they confirmed reservations - or are they "waitlist", depending on reservations made for those in full suites? 

If reservations aren't taken, are you put on a wait list, where your can either call ahead or show up there  and see if there's availability when you want to dine?

Right now, we're planning on Chops dinner on the first night after sailaway (7pm) - unless we can get into Coastal Kitchen.  The other night we want to try for is on Day 6 - for a 5:30pm reservation when they first open for dinner. 

Thanks!

When we stay in a JS, we go directly to Costal Kitchen when we board to request reservations.  In the past we have been able to get in every night but once we could only get 4 of 7 nights.   If you go immediately you should not have a problem.  Good luck.  

On Allure last cruise and the current one. CK would not allow reservations in advance. Have to call the day you want to go - we called twice during breakfast hours and were able to get in both times, including lobster night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiserhal said:

When we stay in a JS, we go directly to Costal Kitchen when we board to request reservations.  In the past we have been able to get in every night but once we could only get 4 of 7 nights.   If you go immediately you should not have a problem.  Good luck.  

Were you able to make for a few nights or did you have to go each day to reserve for that day?

3 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Were you able to make for a few nights or did you have to go each day to reserve for that day?

Hi.  We booked the entire trip on the first day.   We asked for either 7 or 7:30 each night and almost always got it.   I remember once we were asked to go from 7 to 7:30 for that one night but it was not an issue.  Hope that helps.

13 minutes ago, cruiserhal said:

Hi.  We booked the entire trip on the first day.   We asked for either 7 or 7:30 each night and almost always got it.   I remember once we were asked to go from 7 to 7:30 for that one night but it was not an issue.  Hope that helps.

Thank you. 

We were in a JS on Allure January 16-22, 2022 and we either called or knocked on the door each morning or early afternoon to make a reservation. We ate at CK every night without a problem. If you are a little flexible with your times the host/manager can usually find you a slot. When you get there for dinner you will need to knock on the door or follow someone else in. We found everyone to be very polite and professional.

They don't seem to publish the CK phone number anywhere on the ship, but if you call guest services you can ask for the number or simply ask to be transferred to CK. We got the number so that we could call from any ship phone rather than having to run up to the restaurant and miss out on some activity.

38 minutes ago, avw3 said:

We were in a JS on Allure January 16-22, 2022 and we either called or knocked on the door each morning or early afternoon to make a reservation. We ate at CK every night without a problem. If you are a little flexible with your times the host/manager can usually find you a slot. When you get there for dinner you will need to knock on the door or follow someone else in. We found everyone to be very polite and professional.

They don't seem to publish the CK phone number anywhere on the ship, but if you call guest services you can ask for the number or simply ask to be transferred to CK. We got the number so that we could call from any ship phone rather than having to run up to the restaurant and miss out on some activity.

Things are quite a bit different now that the ships are sailing at near full capacity.  Huge difference in CK even from our December to January Harmony cruise. Numbers are going up, and you could tell the difference.  Knew of several JS pax that could not get their choice of reservations.  First night (steak night) is hardest to get.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kccrzr said:

On Allure last cruise and the current one. CK would not allow reservations in advance. Have to call the day you want to go - we called twice during breakfast hours and were able to get in both times, including lobster night. 

On our Anthem cruise last October, we could book for the following day but no further in advance. The only occasion we couldn’t get in was when we tried to reserve a table one day for the same evening.

oh dear well I have a Jr suite on Symphony in April and Oasis in October and so I hope between both of those cruises to get at least 1 night in CK.  I mean really would be annoyed if I as a solo could not get anything over 14 days between two ships

On 2/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, island lady said:

First night (steak night) is hardest to get.  

One of our future cruises in a JS (Odyssey of the Seas) is an 8 night cruise.   Looking at a recent 8 night sailing, it seemed to have the 8th night the same as the first in CK.   If accurate (which I know the app is often not) that would indicate there are only 7 CK dinner menus and thus they repeat.  It would also seam that we would have two chances to get a reservation for steak night.   

Is this true or a misleading app?

Thanks!

Brad

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ihopfar said:

One of our future cruises in a JS (Odyssey of the Seas) is an 8 night cruise.   Looking at a recent 8 night sailing, it seemed to have the 8th night the same as the first in CK.   If accurate (which I know the app is often not) that would indicate there are only 7 CK dinner menus and thus they repeat.  It would also seam that we would have two chances to get a reservation for steak night.   

Thanks!

Brad

It was true on our cruise. Night 8 repeated night 1. Don’t miss the filet night, if you can go! 😁

13 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Thanks!

Brad

No, its true.  Was nice to have steak night on day 8, as we dined with dear friends in CK who were leaving the next day.    We had actually gone to Chops on day 1, and had missed CK first night steak.  

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Many CK tables were not used to allow them to social distance.  I expect as Covid infections are fewer, they will be adding tables back.  Please let us know whether you are able to get CK reservations.  

They had already added several tables back into service on our last week on Odyssey last month.  And they were filling them up quickly as well.   

• Like 2

On 3/4/2022 at 8:54 AM, island lady said:

They had already added several tables back into service on our last week on Odyssey last month.  And they were filling them up quickly as well.   

Not surprised.  On our Allure cruises, we heard of Pinnacles and JS cruisers who didn't get tables at CK all week.  So there was pent-up demand.  And as I posted either here or in another thread, Harmony added dinner tables in the SL.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Not surprised.  On our Allure cruises, we heard of Pinnacles and JS cruisers who didn't get tables at CK all week.  So there was pent-up demand.  And as I posted either here or in another thread, Harmony added dinner tables in the SL.  

Will definitely be a different world when we are back on Harmony end of May.  😮  We are in B2B OS though...anniversary L&S.  😉 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

We are on Allure this week, 4200 passengers on board. I went to CK this morning (day 2), as a JS occupant, was able to get dinner reservations, at my preferred times for 3 nights throughout the week.

Go the first afternoon on board and book for that night. You can usually book for the next day after dinner. At least that worked for us the two times we stayed in a JS (Oasis & Allure). Very nice experience.

19 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Go the first afternoon on board and book for that night. You can usually book for the next day after dinner. At least that worked for us the two times we stayed in a JS (Oasis & Allure). Very nice experience.

With the ships filling up again,  and very popular steak night being the first night...not always a guarantee for dinner on first night.  

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

With the ships filling up again,  and very popular steak night being the first night...not always a guarantee for dinner on first night.  

My wife just reminded me that we ate in the MDR the first night and then went to the CC the rest of the time.

• Like 1