Pinnacles back to Suite lounges Mar. 15 and other questions

39august

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Never sailed Anthem, but on Odyssey, I think we had 70 Pins. About the same or more for all of our Oasis Class sailings these past several months. That's a lot of stress on the SL

Though, how man of those Pins were already in a suite.  😉 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The SL will draw a lot more Pins than Music Hall did. Especially if they go back to unlimited drinks like Suite guests are enjoying

I still find it odd with the location of the SL on Odyssey.  Nice view...but wow...it's way, way back there down the cabins hallway.   Still wonder if that is why you and Laura had it all to yourselves.  😉 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Since the Pinns are going to be allowed in the SL will they also have access to unlimited beer and wine all day on the Oasis class ships?

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's the $13 question.

Will GLADLY use a voucher and not drink the free wine or champagne. Didn't drink it before and not starting now, even if free.    6 vouchers, the 3 bottles  of wine I select as a gift,  and the two bottles we bring on board are plenty.  Don't need free cheap drinks.

Quite frankly, Royal should treat the suite guests to better alcohol.    

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I still find it odd with the location of the SL on Odyssey.  Nice view...but wow...it's way, way back there down the cabins hallway.   Still wonder if that is why you and Laura had it all to yourselves. 

Even back in the day, when D+ could access the CL, the Q class CL didn't seem very crowded - I assume the way out of the way location is one of the main reasons.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Curious what 'desired capacity' means🤔

Screenshot_20220228-151143_Email.thumb.jpg.96875615e235230027c91fc878c04aeb.jpg

18 hours ago, twangster said:

Elusive verbiage to give them an out so they do what they want or need to do.

Possibly that nothing will change.   The "desired capacity" gives them an excuse to just have P's use the  P lounge. 

M

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

As a Diamond Plus who rarely books a suite, I really have no dog in this fight.

But I will say this is the best summary of the issue (on either side) that I've read on CC.

Thanks.  We are D+, but started doing suites more regularly 6-7 years ago.  I quite enjoy a lively SL and I’ve met many pins who are nice to chat with.  But when the restaurant or bar is over crowded it destroys the experience.  Particularly if you’re in a CLS and expecting that to be your go to spot for meals (as is pretty common).   Luckily I haven’t had a repeat of that experience again.  But if I did,

that would probably be the last time I’d book a suite for the premium they charge on Oasis class.  I did start researching out other line’s suite set ups after that experience (ex. The Haven on NCL) and might have tried one out had Covid not

hit.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I couldn't care less about your status.  Nor is the issue of suite guests who are also Pinnacle a concern.  At least it isn't too me.  You bring it up in these conversations.  I'm wondering why?

Why...maybe some of us are simply tired of the negative posts about Pinnacles.  We are people like anyone else.  Myself, I love to cruise, and happen to cruise in suites....then just happen to become Pinnacle as a natural progression.  

Letting Pins back into the SL is only a return to the set up RCI had since the start of the Pinnacle level program.  I did not make the rules, they did.  

Does this look familiar?  And who brought that up early in the thread?  

image.jpeg.e406f47800628c99c9d0590b950addd1.jpeg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Will GLADLY use a voucher and not drink the free wine or champagne. Didn't drink it before and not starting now, even if free.    6 vouchers, the 3 bottles  of wine I select as a gift,  and the two bottles we bring on board are plenty.  Don't need free cheap drinks.

M

Big advantage to being a beer drinker.  They have a couple beers I like

on the SL list.  Agreed, the wines are….well.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

True, though even pre-CV was norm Cruise to Cruise. With most my Repo/Longer Cruises usually have so many Upper Tier passengers Diamonds had 3 Lounges, Diamond+ get the Diamond Lounge and PINS/Suites get the Concierge Lounge. Couple my Cruises was so many PINS they got the Diamond Lounge, Diamond+  got the Crown Lounge, and Suites got CL. When I was a lowly Diamond in 90's, Top Tier then, we had Lounges, First on/off Ships, Meet Capt and Senior Staff, down hill since but C&A been very successful. Not that I worry much using the 340+ SOLO, along with other Discounts enough $$$$ saved where every 3rd or 4th Cruise is Free to me

Just after the Ds were kicked out of the CL...indeed many, many years ago...you and I remember they had set up the "Diamond Event" in various lounges just for a couple of hours. 

Simply beer, wine, cheap bubbly, discounted liquor....snack mix.  No concierge, no coffee machine.  It ended up being so much fun!  Best one was the forward lounge on Freedom.  Very well received and very well attended 🙂   

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I really can't see them doing unlimited in SL and still keep the new voucher expansion. Maybe if they reverted to the old list😉

It would move Pins out of DL, though

We never used the DL even once for HH on the two weeks on Odyssey last month (except for morning coffee).  Too crowded, no real atmosphere.  A few times early in the Pinnie lounge, but ended up being too noisy with bingo games, music checks etc.  

Our favorite HH spot?   Sitting at Giovanni's wine bar before dinner.  They had our drinks going as we walked up...and a good selection of wine!  🙂   We still never used all our vouchers, but I really love the voucher program.  I hope it is not going away.  😳

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, topnole said:

Thanks.  We are D+, but started doing suites more regularly 6-7 years ago.  I quite enjoy a lively SL and I’ve met many pins who are nice to chat with.  But when the restaurant or bar is over crowded it destroys the experience.  Particularly if you’re in a CLS and expecting that to be your go to spot for meals (as is pretty common).   Luckily I haven’t had a repeat of that experience again.  But if I did,

that would probably be the last time I’d book a suite for the premium they charge on Oasis class.  I did start researching out other line’s suite set ups after that experience (ex. The Haven on NCL) and might have tried one out had Covid not

hit.  

Celebrity has a great Suite program. IMHO their Suite only restaurant, Luminae, is heads above CK as is the Retreat.            Celebrity Suite Program

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

You are the peskiest Pinnacle I know (not that I know many) 😄

That's me  "Pesky Pinnacle Pat".   😄  😄   

Sure looking forward to sailing with you soon on the Wonder!!!   🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Several year ago, I think Adventure in 2017 (was the SL still in the tiny cramped space on like 9th deck interior at that point?) the bartender would go get basically any bottle of liquor you wanted. That guy got tipped really well that week.

Technically that was a Concierge Club that suite guests could use.  Adventure didn't get an SL until she began her pre-amplification updates.  Then they unveiled a new SL on deck 13.  The old  windowless dungeon Concierge Club was converted to cabins during the update.

The Concierge Club is open to D+, P and suite guests.  That access remains on ships that still have them, except when they ban D+ due to numbers which is pretty common in the US, less common in other regions.  That's why it's important to differentiate between Concierge Clubs and Suite Lounges - for the D+ crowd.

When Adam Goldstein was in charge he once made a statement to the effect that D+ would always have access to the Concierge Clubs.  Ever since Royal has danced around the topic quietly banning D+ when the numbers are high but never going so far to publish that policy.  Even now they made a big deal out of the Pinnacle's return to the SL... and quietly neglected to comment on D+ in the Concierge Clubs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, topnole said:

I’ll bite.  The SL is one thing and easy to deal with by opening another lounge.  But an over crowded CK ruins it.  And this is what happens when there are high numbers of pinnacles on board if they don’t adjust to it somehow.  It isn’t the fault of pinnacles.  It is Royals fault.  

If Royal is trying to compete with other lines in the area of suites, they can’t advertise a suites restaurant and then deliver less than MDR service.  I’ve had that happen before and after many days  I politely asked to meet with someone in GS about it.  The GS manager met with me and took my concerns to corporate.  I didn’t ask for anything or ask them to do to escalate it to corporate.   I’m sure they did that because many suite guests complained.  

To my surprise I received a letter late in the cruise with a significant future credit.  And I do mean significant.  Again, I didn’t ask for one thing.  I simply ask to express my concerns and frustrations with the over crowded situation so they fix it in the future.  

I can’t imagine they want this to happen in the future.  Even once in a while is a big problem.  Consistency is key in service delivery.  Particular when folks shell out the really big bucks.  You can’t  have folks having a great experience one week and then a bad one the next time.  It is a recipe for long term failure.   People can probably live with bad service her and there for $70-100 a day.  But when paying near $1000 per day, people expect a great service experience every time or they will go elsewhere.  

And yet they are still allowing newbies in a JS into CK for dinner.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

I am worried the six vouchers are going away...hope it stays.  I think it has helped with the crowding in the lounges.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

And yet they are still allowing newbies in a JS into CK for dinner.  

They've said several times it's permanent.  As permanent as anything can be be.  

Interesting read from 2009 below.

Excerpt from: 

https://www.facebook.com/notes/royal-caribbean-international/addressing-recent-royal-caribbean-policy-changes/87183197485/

Elimination of Concierge Lounge access for Diamond Crown & Anchor members

Much has been written about our decision to restrict the number of guests with access to the Concierge Lounge. Our desire to deliver a great guest experience drove this decision. We cannot adequately handle the volume of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Suite guests who currently have access to the Concierge Lounge on 10 of our 20 ships (Mariner, Navigator, Adventure, Explorer, Voyager, Jewel, Serenade, Brilliance, Radiance and Enchantment — these are the ships that have a Concierge Lounge but do not have a Diamond Lounge. Freedom, Liberty and Independence have both Diamond and Concierge Lounges; the other seven ships have neither). On approximately 60% of the sailings on these ships we need to set up a satellite lounge due to the overcrowding.

In order to optimize the use of the available space in the Concierge Lounges, we will offer access to the Concierge Lounge to Diamond Plus and Suite guests (suite categories consisting of Grand Suites and above) as of the sailings of September 1st. For sailings post-September 1st, we will create a dedicated VIP-type environment for Diamond members in a public lounge every night of each cruise on all 17 ships that do not have a Diamond Lounge. We will also create an opportunity each morning for Diamond guests to receive concierge-type services and continental breakfast.

We understand this is an important change as compared to having access to a dedicated lounge on the 10 ships in question. Our people will do their best to make it an enjoyable nightly experience. Also, this will be an enhancement on the 7 ships that do not have a Concierge Lounge. This is a service enhancement for Diamond Plus and Suite guests and a service reduction for Diamond guests. Many Diamond guests have asked us to grandfather the existing Diamond members. Unfortunately this would guarantee the perpetuation of the crowding problem we must alleviate. In addition, many Diamond guests have asked us to continue to provide a full range of free beverages in the evening in the designated public lounge. We are not comfortable to do so in that setting.

I realize this is not a small change, and I apologize to our affected Diamond members. We will work hard to make the new program as beneficial as possible and a proper recognition of the great loyalty our guests demonstrate to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I bet that's permanent and probably a financial net win for RC.

I hope so.  Really enjoying finding a quiet corner of other lounges around the ship to use our vouchers, and happy hour can be "any hour".  😉    We never sample the HH buffet in the lounges anyway...since we eat dinner much earlier now.   

Plus we don't have need to use the concierge's service...kind of a "self help" girl I am.  😉 

The one thing I do use the lounges for...is my morning coffee.  Love the self serve Latte machine!   🤗

Edited by island lady

5 hours ago, Kbonner said:

how do you feel now after your unsuccessful and tireless fight against Pinnacles in the Suite and Pinnacle lounge?

Actually, I'm just for restricting access in the suite lounge.  Send me your address and I'll send you my position paper on the topic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Why...maybe some of us are simply tired of the negative posts about Pinnacles.

And my negative post about Pinnacles was?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Does this look familiar?  And who brought that up early in the thread?  

image.jpeg.e406f47800628c99c9d0590b950addd1.jpeg

Oh I see.  Somehow you feel my disappointment is a negative comment about Pinnacles.  Isn't that suite.

• Haha 2