Edocs and luggage tags

mbddisney

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

For our March 28 Silhoutette sailing I have been able to print out my luggage tags but still not able to order them.  I have not been able to print my edoc's yet but have printed our boarding passes.  

I called the Captain's Club this week and they confirmed that they are no longer mailing out luggage tags.  I was told that I would need to print them for my 3/18 Silhouette sailing.  

• Thanks 2

Received a email about documents being ready, was able to print luggage tags but still no edocs.  are the edocs required for boarding?  If so has anyone been able to print them for a future cruise?  We are 30 days out from our sailing as of today

5 minutes ago, mbddisney said:

Received a email about documents being ready, was able to print luggage tags but still no edocs.  are the edocs required for boarding?  If so has anyone been able to print them for a future cruise?  We are 30 days out from our sailing as of today

There is no need to print your edocs or take them with you. The Xpress pass it all you need to board. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There is no need to print your edocs or take them with you. The Xpress pass it all you need to board. 

Self edit... deleted comment made in error

Edited by Sam.Seattle

Today my Cruise Documents and Luggage Tags became active for our April 8 cruise.   I've downloaded them and printed my Luggage Tags and will be using those little plastic Cruise Luggage Tag holders -  I bought mine about 10 years ago and they are still working perfectly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Today my Cruise Documents and Luggage Tags became active for our April 8 cruise.   I've downloaded them and printed my Luggage Tags and will be using those little plastic Cruise Luggage Tag holders -  I bought mine about 10 years ago and they are still working perfectly.

Same here.. my edocs appeared today for april 3rd

So I have what might seem like a newbie question (I'm not) about eDocs:  where are they?  I can't find anything on my reservation for our cruise that embarks 3/19 that says "eDocs". 

I should not that I am not all that concerned, because we received an email some weeks ago that included our luggage tags (printed those) and have my Xpress Pass on the app (also printed it from there, just to be safe). But, when I go to the reservation on the website, there is nothing labeled "eDocs" (which I keep seeing people here reference).  And there's nothing obviously related to documents except in the "Before You Go" tab but, while that includes a list if topics along the left margin, including "Travel Documentation" and "Luggage Tags", these merely contain information on those topics, no actual documents (in fact, it says "luggage tags not available at this time). 

As I say, I've got what I need, but this has me curious.  Thanks for any info.

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim, we bought our plastic Cruise Luggage tag holders about the same time after you had posted that you liked them. Ours still work well also

• Like 2

Has anyone here done guarantee cabins before? We are on Edge on March 19th for Suite guarantee and still no assignment that I can see as of yet. Just curious of everyone else's experience. I am sure they are waiting to see who bids for higher category's. Thanks!

From posts for my 4/2 Apex sailing it seems to be 50/50 whether the eDocs will download. Seems to be another IT glitch, because definitely my eDocs are ready.

Although we don't NEED eDocs in hand, I like to at least have them downloaded (maybe it's my cruising OCD?). A call to Celebrity got them emailed to me immediately. 

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My daughter got me the holders for Christmas.  It times out perfect since Celebrity is no longer mailing luggage tags.  They seem like they will work fantastic.  Glad to hear yours have lasted through all your trips!!

5 hours ago, GREG781 said:

Has anyone here done guarantee cabins before? We are on Edge on March 19th for Suite guarantee and still no assignment that I can see as of yet. Just curious of everyone else's experience. I am sure they are waiting to see who bids for higher category's. Thanks!

I had this also and didn't get my room assignment until 3 days prior to the cruise.   The room shows up under Manage Reservation.   After 24 hours the new luggage tags were replaced in my Documents.  

6 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

So I have what might seem like a newbie question (I'm not) about eDocs:  where are they?  I can't find anything on my reservation for our cruise that embarks 3/19 that says "eDocs". 

I should not that I am not all that concerned, because we received an email some weeks ago that included our luggage tags (printed those) and have my Xpress Pass on the app (also printed it from there, just to be safe). But, when I go to the reservation on the website, there is nothing labeled "eDocs" (which I keep seeing people here reference).  And there's nothing obviously related to documents except in the "Before You Go" tab but, while that includes a list if topics along the left margin, including "Travel Documentation" and "Luggage Tags", these merely contain information on those topics, no actual documents (in fact, it says "luggage tags not available at this time). 

As I say, I've got what I need, but this has me curious.  Thanks for any info.

Your documents will show up under Upcoming Cruises under your account.   Under the cruise you will see it.   It doesn't become active until about 30-45 days before the cruise.  

Also under View Boarding Pass.   There is a button (on PC's) to See and Printing Luggage Tags.

image.png.5029b717247355fd2861e90813956583.png

image.png.b5b0dbbf09bb85057fd5fa61500b1a47.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I had this also and didn't get my room assignment until 3 days prior to the cruise.   The room shows up under Manage Reservation.   After 24 hours the new luggage tags were replaced in my Documents.  

Thanks, Jim! Keep checking to see what we will get lol!

4 hours ago, like2cruise said:

My daughter got me the holders for Christmas.  It times out perfect since Celebrity is no longer mailing luggage tags.  They seem like they will work fantastic.  Glad to hear yours have lasted through all your trips!!

I actually like them better to the mailed ones and when I got the mailed ones I would fold them and then just slide them into the holder.  Mine are extremely study and use a wire cable to attach to handle.   I think mine came as a pack of 4 and 2 are still in original packing after all these years.

13 minutes ago, GREG781 said:

Thanks, Jim! Keep checking to see what we will get lol!

While I have never experienced myself I have heard of some that were not assigned until arrival at the port.    They said the luggage handler just put your name and reservation number on the bag and they still had it delivered to room with no problems.

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your documents will show up under Upcoming Cruises under your account.   Under the cruise you will see it.   It doesn't become active until about 30-45 days before the cruise.  

Also under View Boarding Pass.   There is a button (on PC's) to See and Printing Luggage Tags.

image.png.5029b717247355fd2861e90813956583.png

image.png.b5b0dbbf09bb85057fd5fa61500b1a47.png

Thank you SO much, @Jim_Iain! As always, you ROCK! 🤘

I am so familiar with that page you posted, but I had been unable to find it. But, your post helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.  When I log into the website and go to "Already Booked" it takes me to a page that shows a tile with my closest upcoming cruise and quick links to navigate to commonly needed sub-pages for that cruise. I have been using that to get around this booking and could not, using that interface, find the eDocs - or the page you posted - anywhere.

image.thumb.png.45343974f09c4f05154dd3e4cc91ed9e.png

What your post helped me realize is that I needed to click on "view all" to see the page that listed all my upcoming cruises. When I did that, sure enough, I'm seeing exactly what you posted, including that same list of links to luggage tags, eDocs, etc. As Homer Simpson would say, "D'oh!"  😜

Guess I was just having a major brain fart. 😉 

So, thank you again. Much appreciated. I've got it now.  👍

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

As a side note... we use those plastic sleeves for our boarding tags... and when we leave we use the sleeves for the departure tags... and also use a departure tag on one of the handles...  kind of a belt and suspenders approach.

The only other item in the docs that might be important is if you bought the airport transfers from Celebrity. They are supposed to have your name on a list, but we all know how things go, so it might be handy to have the printed out vouchers that are in the eDocs. 

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I actually like them better to the mailed ones and when I got the mailed ones I would fold them and then just slide them into the holder.  Mine are extremely study and use a wire cable to attach to handle.   I think mine came as a pack of 4 and 2 are still in original packing after all these years.

My daughter must of shopped well as she got ones that sound very similar to yours.  I was surprised how sturdy the somewhat thin wire cable was.  Ours was a pack of 4.  Our labels are printed, in the holders and ready to put on our suitcases next week once we arrive in FLL.  

Our edocs for our 4/3 Edge sailing were available last week but unable to access them.  Our TA was able to email them to me.  Sounds like we have the same luggage tags also with the wire cables.  Was so thankful for those luggage tags when on one sailing day we arrived in the pouring Florida rain.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:43 AM, like2cruise said:

My daughter must of shopped well as she got ones that sound very similar to yours.  I was surprised how sturdy the somewhat thin wire cable was.  Ours was a pack of 4.  Our labels are printed, in the holders and ready to put on our suitcases next week once we arrive in FLL.  

When we stopped getting mailed luggage tags I went through the rigamarole of covering the printed paper tags in clear packing tape to prevent them from tearing or getting wet, but the plastic holder were great, and the wire cables are so strong I ordered some for our regular luggage tags.

• Like 1