Capacity?

missholly24

We took our first post-pandemic cruise in July and have been on 6 total since then.  Capacity has increased with each one.  Next, we are on Mardi Gras during spring break and based on how difficult it was to get airfare and a hotel, I'm guessing we will definitely be at capacity.  People are more than ready to travel again!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 8:38 AM, mschancey said:

sailed Carnival Vista last week, 3800 passengers, capacity is 4900.

We just got off the Vista yesterday..was trying to figure the capacity but everywhere I see stats shows it holds 3934 guests and 1450 crew.  While it seemed busy, I wouldn't say it was full..unsure since I keep seeing conflicting numbers on max capacity. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking sailings this week are higher because of the sailabration. I would have gone but was needed here at home. Just because it was a special cruise. Probably others too. 

That's why I'm asking about cruises this week not last.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

For our upcoming cruise (3/21, it's Spring break for us), Radiance suite is already sold out so I am assuming it's close to capacity.

I'm on this same cruise (in a suite), and while looking at a mock booking, I see what you mean about the suites being N/A. But holy cow, the rates for the other categories are extremely cheap! I actually took an upsell offer from a balcony to a suite, and in hindsight I probably should've just kept the balcony & did a price adjustment. But these prices make me wonder about the capacity right now. It's spring break week for us, too, and I'm anticipating a full ship, but could be wrong! We'll see...

On 3/5/2022 at 9:28 AM, missholly24 said:

Are the ships sailing at full capacity yet? I recently stumbled upon a RCI ship leaving out of Tampa and it was a ghost town at 1pm. Like no one getting on. (Posting in Carnival because they are my favorite. Lol)

That might have been the Serenade of the Seas. She sailed from Tampa. She is not carrying any passengers. Her first cruise with passengers will be April 26th.

17 hours ago, lindya said:

We just got off the Vista yesterday..was trying to figure the capacity but everywhere I see stats shows it holds 3934 guests and 1450 crew.  While it seemed busy, I wouldn't say it was full..unsure since I keep seeing conflicting numbers on max capacity. 

4977 is full capacity (all berths filled such as pullmans)

Even pre-COVID, most ships didn't sail full capacity until Summer. All the rooms would be booked week in and week out, but the upper berths wouldn't be filled until school was out etc.

Going forward Carnival is going to pack them in to whomever they can sell a ticket to....by May there will be no vaccines!  Google that - Carnival considering dropping vaccins - just to jam in the kids off of school.

We think we'll stand on the sidelines for a bit to see how this all pans out.  after all, cruised Horizon July and Oct, Disney Fantasy Sept, and the Mardi Gras Feb 28th - that was too packed for us.