Zuiderdam - A Few Questions

trixiee

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

We just booked our first cruise on a Vista on Zuidi. We have a VC. (It’s also our first balcony cabin: we normally do inside or oceanview, on R, S and Prinsendam). 

Will there be a DVD player, or will we have any access to HDMI? I’m looking at loading up my iPad or bringing DVDs we have not yet watched.

Does anyone know the size of the table on the balcony?

Thanks!

No DVD player. They do have movies on demand.

Here are pictures of the ports and the remote in our cabin on the Zuiderdam in January.  The ports were visible from the right side of the TV, but there was only about an inch of space back there, and they were probably 6-9 inches back there. In any case, as you can see from the remote there are no buttons for changing the input source or for getting to the TV settings at all. There were no control buttons on the TV itself.

The balcony size of a VC cabin varies by location. Take a look here: Zuiderdam deck plans

Compare the balconies of VC4151 and VC5151. We inadvertently got one of those shallow balconies on the Eurodam once. Won't do that again.

TV ports.jpg

TV remote.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

We just booked our first cruise on a Vista on Zuidi. We have a VC. (It’s also our first balcony cabin: we normally do inside or oceanview, on R, S and Prinsendam). 

Will there be a DVD player, or will we have any access to HDMI? I’m looking at loading up my iPad or bringing DVDs we have not yet watched.

Thanks!

Edited by DaveOKC

3 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

No DVD player. They do have movies on demand.

Here are pictures of the ports and the remote in our cabin on the Zuiderdam in January.  The ports were visible from the right side of the TV, but there was only about an inch of space back there, and they were probably 6-9 inches back there. In any case, as you can see from the remote there are no buttons for changing the input source or for getting to the TV settings at all. There were no control buttons on the TV itself.

The balcony size of a VC cabin varies by location. Take a look here: Zuiderdam deck plans

Compare the balconies of VC4151 and VC5151. We inadvertently got one of those shallow balconies on the Eurodam once. Won't do that again.

TV ports.jpg

TV remote.jpg

Oops. I think we have one of the shallow balconies. We’re just above those cabins, on deck 6.

On 3/13/2022 at 4:36 AM, TiogaCruiser said:

Thanks!

On the sig suite - two tables - one 25 in and one 14 inch rounds...

C7574A11-6AC7-410B-A4FC-AF70840CD3D2.jpeg

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

@The-Inside-Cabin, I'm not sure if I've asked this question before or not of you guys.  We have a SS on the world cruise next year and I had a question about the bathroom.  Where do you put your toiletries?  Are there shelves by each sink?  Do you use the drawers that I think I see in pictures? 

Thanks,

Linda R.

21 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

@The-Inside-Cabin, I'm not sure if I've asked this question before or not of you guys.  We have a SS on the world cruise next year and I had a question about the bathroom.  Where do you put your toiletries?  Are there shelves by each sink?  Do you use the drawers that I think I see in pictures? 

Thanks,

Linda R.

Not the poster your question to which it is addressed, but, I have had a SS stateroom on this class of ship.  Plenty of room for toiletries and, if I correctly recall, a shelf under the counter exists for storage.  

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, mkbrewer said:

We're new to cruising, new to HAL and new to the Zuiderdam.  I have a question:

Is the Lido pool an inside pool?! Are there any outdoor pools?

Depends on the ship, but most ships have a lido pool area that has a dome cover which remains open during nice weather, and can be closed during inclement weather.

The deck 9 aft (seaview) pool on most of their ships is outdoor and open.

Zuiderdam is configured as described above..

Edited by KroozNut

On 3/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, KroozNut said:

Depends on the ship, but most ships have a lido pool area that has a dome cover which remains open during nice weather, and can be closed during inclement weather.

The deck 9 aft (seaview) pool on most of their ships is outdoor and open.

Zuiderdam is configured as described above..

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

On 3/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, cruzingnut said:

Thanks,

Linda R.

There aren't any shelve in the SS bathroom above the counter.  There is a shelf under the sink and a drawer.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

Re further refurbishment of the Zuiderdam, I think that I saw it scheduled for December, 2022.  Can anyone confirm that?

I think it will be in November timeframe.   No major upgrades to cabins expected.   Doing some behind the scenes stuff and removing some obstacles for walkers and wheelchairs.   Rumor about a Dutch Café being installed, but that doesn't look very optimistic based on my last conversation with folks on the ship.  

But this can all change 3 times before then - so FWIW

• 3 months later...
On 3/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, cruzingnut said:

@The-Inside-Cabin, I'm not sure if I've asked this question before or no of you guys.  We have a SS on the world cruise next year and I had a question about the bathroom.  Where do you put your toiletries?  Are there shelves by each sink?  Do you use the drawers that I think I see in pictures? 

Thanks,

Linda R.

@cruzingnut  We've always purchased a couple of foldable fabric storage cubes (can buy cheap at Dollar Stores).  They fit easily in luggage & cheap enough we just throw away rather than take home.  They work nicely on the shelf beneath the bathroom sinks.  Gives you a lot of additional storage for your toiletries.

1 hour ago, CruisingGrandmaW said:

@cruzingnut  We've always purchased a couple of foldable fabric storage cubes (can buy cheap at Dollar Stores).  They fit easily in luggage & cheap enough we just throw away rather than take home.  They work nicely on the shelf beneath the bathroom sinks.  Gives you a lot of additional storage for your toiletries.

May I suggest a different item for the bathroom under the sink because of moisture.

Plastic shoe boxs with lids.

Also available at the Dollar store.

We will be boarding Zuiderdam next month with our daughter, her husband and grandchildren. It is their first cruise. We have told our grandson he can eat 24/7. He is 11 years old and ready for the challenge!

He asked us about ice cream flavours the other day. He wants to make a mega flavour ice ream sundae. Will that be possible?

Thanks for any help.

He can't really eat 24/7 although room service is available 24 hours a day.

image.png.ecaa4478e19687e683685c0c89b15c0b.png

The Lido usually only has 2 or 3 flavors of ice cream a day a day.  You can order milk shakes at the Dive In with your HIA package or for a fee.

You should be able to view your "tentative" menus on the Navigator app.

• Thanks 1

Thanks 0106,

I think the lido opening hours will keep him well fed! 
Are there “sprinkles” to go with the ice cream?

He is a very tall, slender lad and a week of ice cream indulgence won’t do him any harm. I think his parents are hoping the cruise will be a money saving exercise because they won’t be feeding him that week!

2 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Are there “sprinkles” to go with the ice cream?

There are a wide variety of toppings (not sure about sprinkles, probably) and giant waffle cones too.

• Like 1