WONDERFULL SALE

gerelmx

Okay, advice please. This is what the cruise planner says.

With the promotion for the included Elevate package today’s cruise fare is $1611 per person, you are paying $1461 per person. If you would like to upgrade to today’s promotion, you would have to pay the difference.

this is copy and paste from my payment with the regular package. Am I missing something? I think she wrong.

STATEROOM TOTAL:

$3,455.24 USD

Payments made:

$3,455.24 USD

Amount Due:

$0.00 USD

15 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

With the promotion for the included Elevate package today’s cruise fare is $1611 per person, you are paying $1461 per person. If you would like to upgrade to today’s promotion, you would have to pay the difference.

this is copy and paste from my payment with the regular package. Am I missing something? I think she wrong.

STATEROOM TOTAL:

$3,455.24 USD

Payments made:

$3,455.24 USD

Amount Due:

$0.00 USD

Do you already have airfare in your current booking? That would impact the total.

5 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Savings Offer applies to new bookings made 03/01/22 – 03/31/22 on sailings departing 04/01/22 – 03/31/23

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

😡 My 2023 Cruise to Boston, New England and Canada on the Summit and The 2024 Caribbean on the new Ascent are not included in the recent promotions

I quoted from the offer as was posted on this thread - sale only applies to cruises departing 4/1/22 through 3/31/23.  Which covers a full year, but your cruises are outside of that period.

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

In the dummy bookings I tried it didn’t seem to include any perks…anyone else find that.

We just booked a new cruise and the booking shows "ELEV FREE NRD".  But the perks are not explicitly outlined in our actual reservation.  When we went back into the new reservation, the only beverage package that showed as available for us to book additionally, was the classic non-alcoholic package - from which we inferred that our premium package did actually get booked, as part of the "ELEV FREE NRD".   

51 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

We just booked a new cruise and the booking shows "ELEV FREE NRD".  But the perks are not explicitly outlined in our actual reservation.  When we went back into the new reservation, the only beverage package that showed as available for us to book additionally, was the classic non-alcoholic package - from which we inferred that our premium package did actually get booked, as part of the "ELEV FREE NRD".   

The Cruise Planner will not reflect your perks for 7-10 days after booking, from my experience. Like, under AI, I wouldn't see the option to upgrade to premium until 7-10 days after I booked.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lexmiller said:

I quoted from the offer as was posted on this thread - sale only applies to cruises departing 4/1/22 through 3/31/23.  Which covers a full year, but your cruises are outside of that period.

No it only covers cruises until 12/31/22. I checked my Artic/Antarctic cruise sailing 2/11/23 and it was not included. You have to pay for the Elevate package if you want it.

Edited by southernbreezes

My CVP was able to drop my final payment by almost $100, upgraded my drink package to premium and added $400 onboard credit to my Eclipse Alaska sailing for September…even though my cabin category has been sold out for sometime so I couldn’t do a mock booking. She’s earned my gratitude once again today! Very happy cruiser here! 😊

Edited by Barwick Cruiser
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

My CVP was able to drop my final payment by almost $100, upgraded my drink package to premium and added $400 onboard credit to my Eclipse Alaska sailing for September…even though my cabin category has been sold out for sometime so I couldn’t do a mock booking. She’s earned my gratitude once again today! Very happy cruiser here! 😊

Mine wouldn’t do anything. She was horrible and easily could have made a happy customer. Not what I would have expected. 

2 hours ago, mikewomb said:

STATEROOM TOTAL:

$3,455.24 USD

Payments made:

$3,455.24 USD

Amount Due:

$0.00 USD

Don't know what it's like in the states but here in the UK there are Tax and Fees on top of the base price, are they only quoting the base price and not referencing the Tax and Fees that also need to be applied.

• Like 1

I have a May sailing that falls within the Best Offer Guarantee dates.  Can I just have the “promotion” (e.g Elevate Package) added to my sailing and not have the cruise re-priced?  My current cruise fare is less than if I booked my May cruise today with the Wonderfull Sale.  I have the Always Included but not the Elevate add-ons.

Best Offer Guarantee:

If the fare on your sailing is reduced OR the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail. This applies to bookings made before March 31, 2022 for sailings up to September 30, 2022.

1 hour ago, lilalila said:

I have a May sailing that falls within the Best Offer Guarantee dates.  Can I just have the “promotion” (e.g Elevate Package) added to my sailing and not have the cruise re-priced?  My current cruise fare is less than if I booked my May cruise today with the Wonderfull Sale.  I have the Always Included but not the Elevate add-ons.

Best Offer Guarantee:

If the fare on your sailing is reduced OR the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail. This applies to bookings made before March 31, 2022 for sailings up to September 30, 2022.

That is what it says, but good luck getting someone to honor that

2 hours ago, lilalila said:

Best Offer Guarantee:

You have to look at the total package.  If the fare is more but with perks how would that be a better offer?  As they can’t have your cake and eat it

2 hours ago, mikewomb said:

My TA is not working, and that is how I ended back with Celebrity..

One other thing to do is try the chat feature on the website. I had some luck there but then had to submit the Best Offer form which is emailed and I laid out my reasoning there 

36 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

You have to look at the total package.  If the fare is more but with perks how would that be a better offer?  As they can’t have your cake and eat it

I understand what you are saying, however…good customer service, and good business practices are what it is about. I know that if I take care of my customers in my business, it is rewarded. If a company doesn’t go the extra mile it will hurt them in the end. An upgrade to the premium drink package costs them almost nothing ..however it makes the customer feel valued. An OBC again costs them almost nothing, and the upgraded WiFi is an example of throttling the internet, and charging the customer what is a minor expense. Customer service has been lacking for years here, but has gotten worse.  What happened to “how May I help you or I would be happy to take care of that”.  Instead we hear after being a long time customer “ that will be an additional “$500”.  It leaves a bad taste in the consumers mouth..], especially when many people are feeling a financial pinch. 

I live in the UK, we don't benefit from ongoing price matching and my cruise sale date was outside the cruise confidence programme, the sale price yesterday offered around $700 dollars worth of perks over and above what I already had but to get that I would have had to cancel my existing booking and forfeit the deposit and pay around $500 more on base price + flights, basically to get benefit of $200. To Celebrities credit though they applied $200 OBC to my account, probably to save the hassle of cancelling and rebooking. I'm even happier today as flight costs have went up a further $150 today compared to yesterday.

3 hours ago, Scotman70 said:

I live in the UK, we don't benefit from ongoing price matching and my cruise sale date was outside the cruise confidence programme, the sale price yesterday offered around $700 dollars worth of perks over and above what I already had but to get that I would have had to cancel my existing booking and forfeit the deposit and pay around $500 more on base price + flights, basically to get benefit of $200. To Celebrities credit though they applied $200 OBC to my account, probably to save the hassle of cancelling and rebooking. I'm even happier today as flight costs have went up a further $150 today compared to yesterday.

I am confused.  I had a reservation on Edge with an infinite balcony and had paid for the upgraded drinks package. I'd really wanted a sunset balcony but at the time of booking none were available.  Yesterday two opened up so I asked my T/A if she could do anything.  This morning I have been confirmed in my sunset balcony, with the new drinks deal and OBC for a small additional payment - £35.00pp.  Previously before this new offer there was £500 difference showing when the previous offer ended plus I would have had to pay for the upgraded drinks package.  I have my Celebrity confirmation showing my deck 10 cabin which altered immediately and I have the same booking reference.

• Like 1

So below is the cost comparison of a 12 nt southern Caribbean cruise in Apr. and a 10 nt one in Aug.

I booked the August in Jan (to replace a planned Feb cruise) and the April last May... and did an adjustment in Nov... which included some OBC.  Both are basic veranda cabins...but 1A cabins on the side of the hump.

F1480349668_ScreenShot2022-03-10at9_43_25AM.thumb.png.724af9a0ab7c10a757898b3906ebe7c9.pngfactoring in all the costs (incl port fees) and benefits (incl OBC).. the Wonderful sale is about $75/day/person more expensive that the previous pricing... which seems like a signifiant premium for a premium drink package. If I log onto the planner for the April cruise for $55/day/person (on sale) I can get the "Perks extra" which includes premium drinks.. additional $250 in OBC, 2 dinners at Specialty restaurant, and a bag of laundry...