Booked cruise with FCC, said "Book your cruise deposit free", now it says it's on hold, need to pay deposit.

Cinerama

It's certainly not clear, but I think you're misunderstanding the rules of the FCC.  My recollection is FCCs can't be used to pay the deposit on a cruise, so they will use the FCC for the amount du, less the deposit, which will have to be paid in new money.

Harris

Denver, CO

2 hours ago, omeinv said:

It's certainly not clear, but I think you're misunderstanding the rules of the FCC.  My recollection is FCCs can't be used to pay the deposit on a cruise, so they will use the FCC for the amount du, less the deposit, which will have to be paid in new money.

Harris

Denver, CO

Did you read the attachment? 

Seems pretty clear to me- book your cruise with FCC and no deposit is what it says. That the FCC will appear within 48 hours. What else could they possibly mean? And although in other places FCC might not be applicable to deposits- that page clearly says that they can be used for one. Perhaps the hold clears after the 48 hours needed for the FCC to be applied? I should think that a phone call might be in order to be certain that all was well.

Edited by 5waldos

I have booked 3 Celebrity Cruises for 2022 using my FCC.  I used FCC for the deposit and the remainder was deducted from the balance due for the cruise.  I booked 1 cruise through Celebrity directly and 2 with a TA.  I received the Booking Confirmation within minutes stating the above transaction.  The only way you would have to pay on the deposit is there is not enough FCC available to cover it.

16 hours ago, omeinv said:

Harris

Denver, CO

Of course FCC can be used as deposit. The issue is that they put the booking on hold until the FCC is applied. This should happen within 48 hours but it does take longer in most cases. In the meantime the hold expires. Hence you have to call to apply the FCC immediately or to extend the hold.

Edited by Saab4444

Not sure why FCC's are considered 'a pain'. I had a number of them from various cruise lines and all worked just fine transferring them. Heck, one of them was transferred twice.....but of course I use a TA and if they were a 'pain' it wasn't My pain!  

den

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

States clearly there.  I tried using and was told no.  Sorry about that.

I'd try again. Otherwise it is false advertising- a real no-no. Sounds to me like the person you spoke to was not up to date in their rules and regulations. It couldn't be more clear- there is no room for misunderstanding. And other's posting here have been able to use their FCC for a deposit. And if told no again I'd ask politely to talk to a supervisor. 

This is assuming that the FCC you have does not have special regulations attached to it- which I guess is a possibility. Although there aren't any * that I see referring to such things. 

Edited by 5waldos

I had booked a cruise for Nov 2022; I had FCC on standby.  I called my Celebrity Vacation Planner [09 March 2022; so recent!] and asked if I could now apply my FCC (as the trip is a GO) and if she would refund my deposit paid as with the FCC a deposit is not required.

She said YES, I was correct - deposit NOT required and my initial deposit was refunded to me and the FCC was used for the booking instead.

Edited by hvbaskey

I booked a cruise with no deposit after canceling one while waiting on the FCC. My CVP told me not to worry. She booked the sail date and stateroom and sent me an invoice. She made a note on the booking that the booking was waiting for an FCC to be issued. She stayed on top of it and within thirty days the FCC was applied. 

44 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

That was me, my wife and a friend. We love 120 and Chef Dan is a great friend.

Were you the couple sitting in the back near us being overwhelmed by my noise!

den

Yes, we came in after your entrees, before dessert, and you and your wife were facing us.  I heard talk of cruises, Rome, saw your nautical belt, you wife mentioned your name, and I remembered your new picture.  Voila!  We are doing the TA on Connie from Rome to Tampa this October.

Sorry to be off topic, but it was interesting to see a fellow CC contributor in person, when you have never met them before.  😁

4 hours ago, Ereggae said:

FCC cannot be used towards deposits.

Maybe different T&C in UK, but ours was certainly used as our deposit. 
The TA just phoned Celebrity, quoting our previous booking number, as we had never actually been issued with our FCC. Only way I knew it existed was because we were sent an email by Celebrity, telling us it had been extended it.