Timing of Move Up Offers

5waldos

On 3/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, zap99 said:

Just been announced by the UK government. From 04.00 on Friday no pre arrival tests or forms required for entry. Don't know what Celebrity will do but. Welcome to Britain.🤣

For our Silhouette TransAtlantic on April 8 pre-cruise testing is still required.   For the next 2 cruises out of Southampton nothing has been announced yet and currently Arrival  check-in times have not been opened.    Bermuda is our first stop and requires vaccination and testing.

I think they are waiting to see how things settle out with ports we visit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:18 PM, 5waldos said:

Although the website says that Move-Up bidding will be within 21 days of cruising- recently there have been a lot of reports here of bidding 2-3 months out. Is this because booking remains low? Or is this common?

We sail on the Edge May 28th and I received the Move Up email this week. Since we’re already booked in a suite I thought that the prices was ridiculous and dumped the email. I also used the popular website to see what suites were open at that moment for booking and it was extremely limited. Seems suites are popular on our cruise but the lower staterooms are not. Guess they’re setting themselves up for possible CWC cancellations.

On 3/10/2022 at 1:47 PM, cangelmd said:

We toyed with doing a Move-Up on a cruise we took in January, the prices were astronomical.

I think the algorithm takes into consideration how much you have already paid, among other factors. We had booked this not so long ago, but got a price reduction, so our per dime cost was pretty low, and we were trying for an upper suite. We ended up happily staying in our balcony cabin and buying the extras we wanted.

We asked our excellent and long-suffering TA a question about bidding, and he told us he has nothing to do with moveups

This is our case. We’re booked in an S1 on the Edge and had a price drop of two grand. Looking at the Move Up prices and think that we’ll pass. Our deal was too good. 

Last week (3/10/22) we booked our May 20, 2022 cruise on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska. We currently have a 2B Veranda. We got a Move Up offer yesterday. We wanted to bid on the Aqua class stateroom, but that would mean we would have to pay the gratuities for Aqua as the perks we originally received included gratuities for our veranda room and Aqua would be about $19 more per day per person. So, we will stay where we are unless they cover the gratuities. Any thoughts on that?

On 3/15/2022 at 1:59 PM, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

So, I've never considered trying to bid on a suite using Move Up before. We have Concierge Class on our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise which includes everything already, plus lots of OBC from our TA. It was booked ages and ages ago and we got a sweet, sweet deal.

But, I got the move-up email today and going from our CC cabin to a Sky Suite would be a total of $1200 for the both of us (I'm definitely not bidding more than the minimum because I'm still not convinced it's worth the extra cost and I'm really happy with where we are).

So, could someone please remind me what bidding (and possibly getting) a suite this way offers? I know we don't get the extra suite points per day, but are the rest of the amenities also not included?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Since you would only consider the minimum it's probably a moot point, but what you would get is more space and dining in Luminae. No extra points, no premium package. Not sure whether you get to go to the Retreat or not, someone with experience in that needs to answer that. 

On 3/18/2022 at 3:41 AM, pisces223 said:

Last week (3/10/22) we booked our May 20, 2022 cruise on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska. We currently have a 2B Veranda. We got a Move Up offer yesterday. We wanted to bid on the Aqua class stateroom, but that would mean we would have to pay the gratuities for Aqua as the perks we originally received included gratuities for our veranda room and Aqua would be about $19 more per day per person. So, we will stay where we are unless they cover the gratuities. Any thoughts on that?

You have misunderstood.  If your current booking includes gratuity, worst case on a winning bid is that you would pay the difference between the veranda gratuities and the Aqua Class gratuities. (Less than $1 a ppd).  Your assumption that you would have to pay $19 a day pp is a misunderstanding.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 9:41 AM, pisces223 said:

Not a public thought, yet a public question as follows:

What is the reason you would not want to pay the associated gratuities with the upgrade, especially if it is a discounted up-grade?

Besides, you would need 12 people in your cabin to reach $19/day more in gratuities and btw only two (2) people max in those cabins....

How you are calculating grats is a mystery...

bon voyage

Made a move up bid via the website beginning of Feb for our April 3rd Equinox cruise - bid on Family Veranda (expired beg of March) and Aqua - been pending since then. Aqua class bid of £200 each was accepted today.

Wendy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/17/2022 at 8:44 PM, cruisingator2 said:

I also used the popular website to see what suites were open 

Have seen something like this mentioned, but can't find where to get this info. Mock bookings are a PITA. Can someone point me in the right direction?

4 minutes ago, fliprcruiser said:

Have seen something like this mentioned, but can't find where to get this info. Mock bookings are a PITA. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Sea scanner is a pretty good site , people also say Celebrity UK site had all the cabins 

On 3/19/2022 at 2:44 PM, ORV said:

Since you would only consider the minimum it's probably a moot point, but what you would get is more space and dining in Luminae. No extra points, no premium package. Not sure whether you get to go to the Retreat or not, someone with experience in that needs to answer that. 

Thanks for that. Hubby didn't think the space was worth it and suggested that I use that money for other things on our vacation. He's decided that he must always have a balcony since I started him in one and it's probably for the best that I don't show him a suite!

• Haha 4

On 3/15/2022 at 2:59 PM, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

So, I've never considered trying to bid on a suite using Move Up before. We have Concierge Class on our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise which includes everything already, plus lots of OBC from our TA. It was booked ages and ages ago and we got a sweet, sweet deal.

But, I got the move-up email today and going from our CC cabin to a Sky Suite would be a total of $1200 for the both of us (I'm definitely not bidding more than the minimum because I'm still not convinced it's worth the extra cost and I'm really happy with where we are).

So, could someone please remind me what bidding (and possibly getting) a suite this way offers? I know we don't get the extra suite points per day, but are the rest of the amenities also not included?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

On 3/24/2022 at 3:46 PM, fun4us2 said:

This is what Celebrity has on their site...I acknowledge that the upgrade does not include any additional promotions, that the stateroom will be assigned based on space availability, and that once accepted, the upgrade is final and non-refundable.
I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as a result of my upgrade.

Captain's Club Points will be earned based on the original stateroom category purchased, and not the category of the upgraded stateroom. I confirm that I accept the full terms of service

• Thanks 1

I have a question regarding gratuities if a move up bid is accepted.  If someone has an inside cabin with gratuities included as part of the Always Included promotion and wins a Move Up bid to say, veranda or higher, are the paid gratuities still included as part of the move up bid, or is the difference in daily gratuity amount charged to the account of the people in the cabin?

6 hours ago, Honeybadger418 said:

I have a question regarding gratuities if a move up bid is accepted.  If someone has an inside cabin with gratuities included as part of the Always Included promotion and wins a Move Up bid to say, veranda or higher, are the paid gratuities still included as part of the move up bid, or is the difference in daily gratuity amount charged to the account of the people in the cabin?

The official policy states that each person will be charge the difference if there is a difference.  

If I booked my sailing with the “Always Included, ” will I keep the drink package, wifi and prepaid gratuities if my Move Up bid is accepted?

I upgraded my drink package from classic to premium.  If my bid for Aqua is accepted, are premium drinks included with the Aqua upgrade?

3 minutes ago, Honeybadger418 said:

If I booked my sailing with the “Always Included, ” will I keep the drink package, wifi and prepaid gratuities if my Move Up bid is accepted?

I upgraded my drink package from classic to premium.  If my bid for Aqua is accepted, are premium drinks included with the Aqua upgrade?

Not included with Aqua upgrade but you’ll keep your premium package, wifi etc - we love Aqua class! 

Edited by wendyam76

On 3/10/2022 at 11:33 AM, southernbreezes said:

This is where I saw the Move up Offer not in a email 50 days before my cruise but...wow the minimum bid is more than double what I would be willing to pay and that is considered a weak offer? I am happy with my cabin but still hoping as we get closer to the sale date they offer a better deal than this. (I have a Sky Suite)

I think anyone can bid on their own they do not need to involve a travel agent.

Yes, I saw as well the move up offer from my Celebrity Suite is really high.  I would have loved to try a higher suite, however, with the pricing being so high, I'll stay where I am.  

5 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

What does it mean when you made 3 move up offers, two are "expired" and one is pending? It no longer gives me the option to make an offer on the other cabins.

We just found out that we have been upgraded from a lowly verada with a circle balcony to Aqua for $400 for the 2 of us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1