Passenger Totals

mbddisney

We were on the Apex sailing Mar 05.   There were about 1700 passengers.

The suites and AQ were filled up.  

We did a few B2B and the week before was less, but the suites and AQ were also all booked 

For us the amount  on board didn’t affect anything.   The ship is designed for X amount  of passengers 

the only problem we had was the Video poker machines .   They only have 10 and they are very popular and sometimes hard to get a machine ot play on.  

I think X is gradually increasing the amount of passengers according got the guide lines.  

Having more passengers wouldn’t prevent me from sailing.   If the ship is  full it means that everything is back to the way it was. 

Happy. Cruising 🌊🚢🚢🌅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miched said:

We were on the Apex sailing Mar 05.   There were about 1700 passengers.

The suites and AQ were filled up.  

We did a few B2B and the week before was less, but the suites and AQ were also all booked 

For us the amount  on board didn’t affect anything.   The ship is designed for X amount  of passengers 

the only problem we had was the Video poker machines .   They only have 10 and they are very popular and sometimes hard to get a machine ot play on.  

I think X is gradually increasing the amount of passengers according got the guide lines.  

Having more passengers wouldn’t prevent me from sailing.   If the ship is  full it means that everything is back to the way it was. 

Happy. Cruising 🌊🚢🚢🌅

Agree re: video poker on Apex. And it was Very frustrating to watch certain PAX play one line for $0.25 for hours. EVERY Single Night. 🧐

11 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

Currently on the Apex (3/19 sailing) which is sailing with 1800-1900 passengers as reported last night during the show.   So far no venue has been close to “packed”, actually quite the opposite.  

It seems like the numbers are going up from where they were in January for sure.

9 hours ago, DingoMom said:

Agree re: video poker on Apex. And it was Very frustrating to watch certain PAX play one line for $0.25 for hours. EVERY Single Night. 🧐

There was a woman playing one line $.25.   Her husband was seated next to her helping her play.  I said to him that all of the machines are being played and would like to play on the one that he was seated at.  He told me that he was playing the machine.  He then played $.25 and continued to sit there helping his wife.  

The player next to him told me that they were leaving so  I sat down there.   While I played there that guy never played the machine again.   But him and his wife would discuss every hand she was playing.

I think they were there also for the free drinks that were given while playing because they didn’t miss any opportunity getting one  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, DingoMom said:

If the machine allows him to only play $.25 per spin, he can play as long and as often as he chooses. Get over it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miched said:

There was a woman playing one line $.25.   Her husband was seated next to her helping her play.  I said to him that all of the machines are being played and would like to play on the one that he was seated at.  He told me that he was playing the machine.  He then played $.25 and continued to sit there helping his wife.  

The player next to him told me that they were leaving so  I sat down there.   While I played there that guy never played the machine again.   But him and his wife would discuss every hand she was playing.

I think they were there also for the free drinks that were given while playing because they didn’t miss any opportunity getting one  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

LOL, they are, possibly, one of the posters here who wants a bare bones fare because they do not drink... or they mean they do not pay for drinks.

Cheers and bon voyage

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mango Tango said:

Just off Millennium yesterday.  We had 880 passengers with only about 10 kids!

According to Celebrity’s website, capacity is 2218. The last I heard they were still losing money. It’s been two years, they can only last so long, and you can’t put all the blame on the CDC anymore. It appears the lines don’t want to lower prices to get bodies on the ship. All the added on board spends would probably make a big difference. I think the crew would enjoy the tips too.

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

According to Celebrity’s website, capacity is 2218. The last I heard they were still losing money. It’s been two years, they can only last so long, and you can’t put all the blame on the CDC anymore. It appears the lines don’t want to lower prices to get bodies on the ship. All the added on board spends would probably make a big difference. I think the crew would enjoy the tips too.

Well, it doesn't help for them to operate at a loss either. They have to balance the numbers of passengers and still maintain some level of quality. Staff enjoying additional tips is not a concern. Being able to pay them is.

5 hours ago, Mango Tango said:

Just off Millennium yesterday.  We had 880 passengers with only about 10 kids!

We were on the same sailing. From a Covid/social distancing point of view it was great (and not once did I have to worry about chair hogs) but it felt odd at times.  Reminded me of 11:00 PM on the final night of a regular cruise when everyone has gone to bed.  

On 3/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, Bo1953 said:

LOL, they are, possibly, one of the posters here who wants a bare bones fare because they do not drink... or they mean they do not pay for drinks.

Cheers and bon voyage

Huge assumption on your part.

Always remember that counting the number of "bookable " cabins on a site like ***** will not give you an accurate number of unsold cabins.  TAs have until an agreed number of days to turn back unsold cabins to Celebrity.  Celebrity is also holding cabins to restrict occupancy. 

We were on the Celebrity Constellation 

03/18 - 03/28 & had 743 Passengers

Great cruise - low capacity certainly impacted the energy of the ship.  

We were here informed Celebrity is hiring & training many new EE’s daily.  

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Always remember that counting the number of "bookable " cabins on a site like ***** will not give you an accurate number of unsold cabins.  TAs have until an agreed number of days to turn back unsold cabins to Celebrity.  Celebrity is also holding cabins to restrict occupancy. 

I do not think they are holding bac anything to restrict occupancy with the exception of a few rooms for quarantine. This came up earlier in the thread.

3 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Well, it doesn't help for them to operate at a loss either. They have to balance the numbers of passengers and still maintain some level of quality. Staff enjoying additional tips is not a concern. Being able to pay them is.

What I meant on the tips is, the crew split tips from 880 passengers, if they was 50% occupancy, there would be almost 250 more passengers contributing about $14.50 per day to the pool. They would also contribute much more money through on board spending to help the lines profitability. Your second to last comment hit the nail on the head, “Staff enjoying additional tips is not a concern.”

We spent some time, daily, with one of the officers.

He said each ship has a timeline & goals/milestones to hit to increase capacity on the ship - based on their restart date & ability to minimize C-19.

Although our 03/18 Constellation Cruise was still selling the rooms, they were limiting the additional sales through the pricing.

For instance - we had purchased our cabin right @ Final Payment time...
Prior to our cruise - the price for the same cabin category had increased by over 300%...

This was pretty much the same increase for all cabin categories, across the board...
In theory - if someone really wanted to sail on our cruise - they could... 

They would just have to pay the rate at the time.

Celebrity is in the process of hiring & training new Team Members.

However, they are not yet fully staffed...

44 minutes ago, Von & John said:

We spent some time, daily, with one of the officers.

He said each ship has a timeline & goals/milestones to hit to increase capacity on the ship - based on their restart date & ability to minimize C-19.

Although our 03/18 Constellation Cruise was still selling the rooms, they were limiting the additional sales through the pricing.

For instance - we had purchased our cabin right @ Final Payment time...
Prior to our cruise - the price for the same cabin category had increased by over 300%...

This was pretty much the same increase for all cabin categories, across the board...
In theory - if someone really wanted to sail on our cruise - they could... 

They would just have to pay the rate at the time.

Celebrity is in the process of hiring & training new Team Members.

However, they are not yet fully staffed...

They’ve been sailing since August and here we are in April. What were they waiting for?Lack of planning on their part shouldn’t be passed on to their customers. Many have probably been booked for many months, so it shouldn’t have been a big surprise for all the master planners in Miami.