Verifly for CARNIVAL for all US ports

sunonfire

I refuse to use it.  I don't like having to download another app for every damn thing that comes along that is already done well in other ways.  Another app is also another place for my data to be hacked.

Edited by Tiger0613
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I've used a few similar apps during pandemic travel and they have been great! So nice to know your documents have been approved and you got the correct thing done (we went to Egypt in October and it was super nice to know we'd be admitted before we got on our flight!) We've also used it at some event venues (like the Rose Bowl) and it really made things go fast.

Yes, it's kind of a hassle to download the new app for each thing, but it sure does make the process easy once you are there! I'd much rather be uploading our vaccine info while I'm sitting at my desk and killing time rather than spend that time in line at the airport or cruise terminal! 

• Like 1

We returned from a 4 day on Miracle out of Long Beach today.

We used VeriFly during embarkation. Wife uploaded our documents a few days before and was very easy.

We approached the document check-in CS agent and she asked if we used Verifly. Wife said yes and she simply looked at the app for all the green check boxes showing our approved uploads. It's clear it's still in testing because there was a Verifly rep and Carnival employee standing behind the agent timing the process. We were through in 30 seconds and moved on. Never had to take out our documents at all.

I would imagine that they will use this app as an option for the public to use vs bringing all your documents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I uploaded all of my information and documents on Verifly for my cruise on the Mardi Gras on March 26th.  When I was checking in, the lady told me that she would still need to see all of my paperwork.  She said that there were issues with Verifly accepting information that wasn't accurate and that it was still in the testing stages for the cruise.

Hopefully, it won't be a waste of time for future cruisers.  I liked the App and had no issues putting my information on it. 

Edited by TNcruising02

Just starting to look into this app, as we sail next month. But man, the reviews for it are mostly awful! Lot's of problems, extra fees (no idea why, haven't actually looked at the app yet), but almost every review on the Google store says it's awful, didn't work, etc... And I'm the only one with a phone that can really handle another app,  the rest have older phones. So we'll have to see...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Just starting to look into this app, as we sail next month. But man, the reviews for it are mostly awful! Lot's of problems, extra fees (no idea why, haven't actually looked at the app yet), but almost every review on the Google store says it's awful, didn't work, etc... And I'm the only one with a phone that can really handle another app,  the rest have older phones. So we'll have to see...

To me, the App was extremely easy to use.  Once the cruise was close, I was able to add the trip to the App.  I was also able to add my husband to it.  For my vaccination information, I took a picture of my covid card.  I was also able to upload my negative covid test.  Even though I did the health assessment on my Carnival account online, it showed up as completed on the App.  So, that App worked great for me.  It was the cruise line that wouldn't accept it when I was checking in that was the issue.

So initially I had issues with it but everything was eventually approved in the app. I have the California state health card (it is on the approved list that they accept for digital covid vaccine proof) that includes a QR code. I tried to scan that but it was giving me a message saying that there is no vaccine information attached to that QR code. Strange, ok I will just upload the California state health card with the QR code into the app. Nope got the same message. I recheck the approved list on their website and see that Cedars Sinai's QR code is also on their approved list. So I scan the Cedars Sinai QR code, nope same message. Then I try and upload the Cedars Sinai QR code and it said again that there is no vaccine record attached to that QR code. Getting super frustrated, I create a picture with my official CDC covid vaccine shot record along with the CA state health card with the QR code on one document and submit it for approval. Less than a minute later I get an email saying that it was approved and that I should have scanned the QR code in the app, omg whatever. Submitted my covid test results and in less than a minute that was also approved. I now have the green check mark with the "Ready to Sail" pass on the app. Hopefully everything goes smoothly when I board the Carnival Panorama this Saturday.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but they're really not looking at the COVID cards and tests anymore. They didn't even unfold my COVID tests last week as I was embarking Sunshine. So I doubt this is really going to speed anything up in any appreciable way, at least right now. If they have to start clamping down again maybe.

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

To me, the App was extremely easy to use.  Once the cruise was close, I was able to add the trip to the App.  I was also able to add my husband to it.  For my vaccination information, I took a picture of my covid card.  I was also able to upload my negative covid test.  Even though I did the health assessment on my Carnival account online, it showed up as completed on the App.  So, that App worked great for me.  It was the cruise line that wouldn't accept it when I was checking in that was the issue.

Well that seems to defeat the purpose of having it then. Although I see that it appears which ports are using it now has changed. I think it was limited, and now it's all US ports. Either way, when I read the reviews, they're almost all negative/1 star. Many people saying it wasn't working, couldn't get parts to work, things wouldn't upload, etc... And since I personally haven't used it, I'm still not sure what people are talking about when they said there were fees to use parts, or upload something related to testing.

• Like 1

I used the app for a trip to Guatemala in February and I had no issues and nice not having to fool with all the papers in airport and immigration.  Happy to hear as I board the Pride in a week and already have all on the app waiting for my covid test.  I am 74 and not savvy with tech but this sure makes travelling easier and hope some day we won't need it if covid goes away.

15 hours ago, Trueblueky said:

I looked at it. Program doesn't work with Kindle, my computer, my flip phone.

The world wants me to buy a $1,000 phone. I'd rather spend that money cruising.  Looks like paper for me.

You definitely don't need a $1000 phone to use this. Any smart phone will do, and you can get one for as little as $100.

Edited by cheer25mom
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I was also able to add my husband to it.

How did this work? I have completed my information and received the green check mark. I wasn't sure if he had to do it on his phone or we could do it together on one.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cheer25mom said:

You definitely don't need a $1000 phone to use this. Any smart phone will do, and you can get one for as little as $100.

With smart phones comes more expensive plans. Not everyone wants or needs a smart phone, even a $100 one.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

With smart phones comes more expensive plans. Not everyone wants or needs a smart phone, even a $100 one.

Plans don't HAVE to be more expensive. You can choose one with limited or no data and just use Wi-Fi. No, not everyone wants a smart phone. I was just saying you don't have to spend $1000 on a phone to be able to use apps. You can absolutely do it for very minimal additional cost. 

• Like 1

I loaded the app for our cruise next month out of Galveston but no one has posted about experiences using the app.  It loaded ok and recognized our upcoming cruise but that is as far as I have gone since it is more than 30 days away.  From the reviews I am seeing however it may be an exercise in futility and yet another app not ready for prime time.  

29 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

I am also a card carrying member of the septuagenarian group but did work in IT before I retired.  Unfortunately the world is moving to the smart phone and it is getting harder and harder to resist this technology.  Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.  😁

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, mbarker10 said:

I downloaded VeriFly for our Magic cruise on Saturday and didn't have any issues. Uploaded everything within minutes. I'm hoping it'll save some time at the port.

On the 2/26 Magic sailing, those with Verifly were in the same line with us paper dinosaurs and needed to show the papers not the app so maybe now there is a seperate line. 

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

From the reviews I am seeing however it may be an exercise in futility and yet another app not ready for prime time.  

That's what I was reading too. Almost all of the reviews in the recent days/weeks have said what a pain it was, didn't work like it was supposed to, etc... We still have a month until our cruise, so we'll see if they work any kinks out. Either way, I'll have all our documents ready to go.

16 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Did you use just one "version" of the app, or just one device with the app for yourself and husband?  I just downloaded the app and must have dorked up something. I set up the app with me as the "primary" traveler and my wife as a companion. Somehow it all got all twisted around, so I canceled and plan to start over. Certainly a work in progress.

13 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Did you use just one "version" of the app, or just one device with the app for yourself and husband?  I just downloaded the app and must have dorked up something. I set up the app with me as the "primary" traveler and my wife as a companion. Somehow it all got all twisted around, so I canceled and plan to start over. Certainly a work in progress.

I just have one version of the App on my phone and through the Home screen options I was able to add my husband as a companion.